• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
WEynwC5.jpg

Which MMA fighter are they talking a picture with?

BlackFyre

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My fav show ever!!!

You can pick up and watch it from any episode and just holds up!!!!

No long arc. Just 22 min of weirdness that became pop culture.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

c39be0efb51438950eeed53dca84924e.jpg

All the Seinfeld haters here are missing out on, not even arguably, the best comedy of all time. Such high-highs and honestly no lows.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
One of the best shows of all time.

I'm trying to think of the best one-off character. I think it might be Elaine's dad.

Also, I think George referenced a brother in one of the earlier seasons who was never seen or mentioned again. I wonder if that counts as a retcon.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy how the show has not aged nearly as much as other shows of the time.

It's no like they don't have dated references either, but the should gave you enough context to get them... or there are so many other jokes, it's ok to let one go

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
I could never stand the music on that show.

It always struck me as something that neither Larry nor Jerry likely gave a much of a shit about when creating the show, so they just went with whatever.

And then by virtue of the quality of the show, it became iconic, and now it couldn't be anything else.

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I never could enjoy the idea of a group of bitter people who just waste time talking about inconsequential matters.

hehe.

One of the best shows of all time.

I'm trying to think of the best one-off character. I think it might be Elaine's dad.

Also, I think George referenced a brother in one of the earlier seasons who was never seen or mentioned again. I wonder if that counts as a retcon.

soup nazi.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
It's a prison Jerry man made prison, YOURE SERVING TIME!

Just got married this year so this one is especially meaningful.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Crazy how the show has not aged nearly as much as other shows of the time.

It's no like they don't have dated references either, but the should gave you enough context to get them... or there are so many other jokes, it's ok to let one go
It's because it was both ahead of it's time and timeless, we will never see something as magical as Seinfeld again. Something's come close or are equals like Curb and Always sunny but Seinfeld was something else.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Jason Alexander gives such an amazing performance through the whole series, hes truly pretty amazing.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Jason Alexander gives such an amazing performance through the whole series, hes truly pretty amazing.
I love watching him in interviews or on Curb. You can tell he's a totally different person from George, and also comes off as very professional concerning his acting. He really is a fantastic actor.

That said, I think his character got a bit flanderized in the later seasons. He was always yelling or overacting, and felt like he became noticeably more cartoony than the other characters.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I love watching him in interviews or on Curb. You can tell he's a totally different person from George, and also comes off as very professional concerning his acting. He really is a fantastic actor.

That said, I think his character got a bit flanderized in the later seasons. He was always yelling or overacting, and felt like he became noticeably more cartoony than the other characters.
Ahh that may be so, admittedly i tend to only rewatch the earlier seasons, i don't think I've seen the final two since they first aired. It does seem to be true of most exaggerated characters in long running shows, they end up becoming a bit of a caricature of themselves.

Speaking of Curb, i always kind of wonder if Larry David is doing an impression of Jason Alexanders impression of him, at least just a little bit.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently unemployed as I wait for my new job to start late summer/early fall. And my name is a variation of George.

It's the summer of George!

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Whats crazy is the first season is really not that great, in modern era it probably would have been cancelled after a few episodes. The pilot tested poorly and NBC initially passed, it was over a year later that an exec picked it up on a whim, it was still only 5 episodes total for the first season.

Ain't Nobody

Oct 30, 2017

Ya know, who got Flanderized is Elaine. Or can you be Flanderized if you become almost a completely different person? It still doesn't matter, it's still the best sitcom ever made. A few of the latter-season episodes are a bit cartoony; the Butter Shave in particular. The performances in that episode feel like they are "pretending" much more than any other episode. But why am I whining? It's literally on my TV right now and I love it.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In my top 3 shows of all time. Best comedy show easily. It's ridiculous how much other shows mimic its scenarios and jokes till this day. Prob the most inspirational show of all time.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Ahh that may be so, admittedly i tend to only rewatch the earlier seasons, i don't think I've seen the final two since they first aired. It does seem to be true of most exaggerated characters in long running shows, they end up becoming a bit of a caricature of themselves.

Speaking of Curb, i always kind of wonder if Larry David is doing an impression of Jason Alexanders impression of him, at least just a little bit.
lol you've got it backwards. George is literally based off Larry.

Which is why it was so funny to see Larry trying to impersonate George on Curb
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/26/larry-david-george-costanza_n_6548244.html

Last edited:

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
lol you've got it backwards. George is literally based off Larry.
Yes, i know, thats why i said Jason was doing an impression of him. It just seems that some of Jason's impression may have seeped back into Larry's performance in Curb in a hilarious circular manner.

lexible

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Remember that racist rant Kramer went on a few years after this show ended ?

Guy was MAGA ahead of his time

Went on a racist rant and pretty much ended his career, and his ability to hold his head up when he walked in public. Who would have thought years later another man prone to racist rants would be elected president for it.

Ontopic: The later seasons are just as good if not better than the previous peaks, I loved the zany stuff just as much.