• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
I've never been interested much in fighting games but I've been playing Riot games IPs for more than 10 years and I really want to try this out.

Illaoi design is hella cool and the way she is not too dependant of her tentacles but more like tools feels really good.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I expected them to make her more of a zoner like she kind of is in the MOBA. But I can see a more reactive fighting style wouldn't work as well here.

Dasnap

Apr 19, 2021
I'm thoroughly in the camp of 'everything related to League seems to be great apart from the actual MOBA' and this looks to be continuing that.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Her gameplay & animations look great, but it really does sound like she's going to be the only new character at EVO Japan. A shame, as I was hoping for some Jinx gameplay.

It really would've been better to just stick with Project L and then come up with some sort of in-game story explanation for it if they really couldn't come up with anything better than what they actually went with for this.
I get that the name isn't ideal, but sticking with Project L isn't the answer either. It comes off as a prototype name, not something meant for prime time.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
My eyes glazed over this thread title like 6 times due to the name. 2XKO just reads like nonsense lol

MimosaSTG

Jun 7, 2022
Yo... The animations look a lot better now... Damn Like... Maybe I'm wrong and it just grew on me? This game looks really good now.

But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Let this be a 120FPS fighter. I really hope it is.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Her gameplay & animations look great, but it really does sound like she's going to be the only new character at EVO Japan. A shame, as I was hoping for some Jinx gameplay.

I get that the name isn't ideal, but sticking with Project L isn't the answer either. It comes off as a prototype name, not something meant for prime time.
Makes me wonder how big the actual roster will be.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
She looks great. Unfortunately, the gameplay of the game looks very meh.
Also, hilarious if there is no Jinx at EVO Japan.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
Its looking better everytime, but i really do have an unwavering disinterest on this title.
I'm sure it will raise the bar on several levels, just from the people involved in the project; and also bring alot of new people into the fold.
Also, if RIOT opens their coffers, they could easily outspend most of the other fighting games combined prize pools, which would raise interest as well.

For me though, just the tag team aspect is already enough to put me off.

Last edited:

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Is the x silent?

Like two-k-oh?

If not then what is this name
I'm going with

uMZgpPW.jpeg

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
For me though, just the tag team aspect is already enough to put me off.
Same. The game doesn't feel like it cares for anyone outside for the FGC. It's gonna end up being a DNF situation.
Really sad, because I've always wanted to see the LoL champions in a fighting game. I really don't understand why they had to make a Mahvel clone. And that's not even opening the discussion around champion gameplay designs, which I'm not impressed coming from the moba.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll put her on the list.

I doubt we'll ever see a Dante level character, but Sigma/Zero was another team in Infinite I really gelled with, even if Sigma was too simple for my tastes. Giving me a big body who can leave persistent tentacles on the field to assist my point character in block strings seems like the sort of depth I was always missing with Sigma.

red_shift_ltd

May 24, 2019
US
Two Ecks Kay oh

There was a tweet saying it's pronounced like it looks.

It's an awful name though and I too am a fan of calling it Texaco
Thanks! I couldn't watch the video earlier to check.

4 syllables is a lot!

I watched the gameplay and I feel like I'm not capable enough for this game. Team fighters have always been a lot for me and this one has so many options for even just tagging. I still watch a lot of Tampa Never Sleeps UMvC3 tournaments but could never get the hang of calling assists and doing incoming. Maybe this will be a fun game to watch streams.

Last edited:

empurror

Feb 9, 2022
she looks incredible and i'm seeing some interesting combo mechanics with how she's able to juggle in the air, smack them to the ground causing sort of a half knockdown state, and continue the combo

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Cool character design. Too bad I'll probably pass on this one. For some reason I hate anime styled 2d fighters.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting that they have 2/3 rounds (at least for the 2v2 mode). I feel like my experience with most team Vs games it's usually just the one round and each of your characters are thought of as "another opportunity" to play.

Did BBTag, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, or SFxT have multiple rounds? I didn't play those. I can only think of Skullgirls when both players are running solo characters, but I don't think that counts lol

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Yo... The animations look a lot better now... Damn Like... Maybe I'm wrong and it just grew on me? This game looks really good now.

But PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! Let this be a 120FPS fighter. I really hope it is.

One day fighting games will join 2005 and it will be standard to render above 60fps. One day.

Interesting that they have 2/3 rounds (at least for the 2v2 mode). I feel like my experience with most team Vs games it's usually just the one round and each of your characters are thought of as "another opportunity" to play. Did BBTag, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, or SFxT have multiple rounds? I didn't play those. I can only think of Skullgirls when both players are running solo characters, but I don't think that counts lol

SFxT had multiple rounds.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting that they have 2/3 rounds (at least for the 2v2 mode). I feel like my experience with most team Vs games it's usually just the one round and each of your characters are thought of as "another opportunity" to play.

Did BBTag, Tatsunoko vs Capcom, or SFxT have multiple rounds? I didn't play those. I can only think of Skullgirls when both players are running solo characters, but I don't think that counts lol
Neither BBTAG nor TvC did.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
SFxT had multiple rounds.
But in that case you only had to KO one character of the team, not both.
Ah, yeah I feel like you two just unlocked repressed memories of me watch Mike Ross and Combofiend during their run at Evo when that game was there lol.

I do feel like it being one character to KO to win does actually change things up lot vs how 2XKO is doing it. Shit... it's in the name đź’€

Oct 26, 2017
I find it interesting how a large chunk of this thread is people still complaining about the name of this game. Not that I'm saying they're wrong, 'just...interesting, is all.

Otherwise, Illaoi's still looking good. I'm very interested in seeing more of this game's roster, whenever it'll get around to being revealed.

El Sloth

Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024
Buddy of mine went to Evo Japan, I'm not going since i'm saving up for my first little one being born this fall but he's gonna try to get a chance to play it somehow he said lol, i can't wait for impressions it looks so amazing

Her animations and juggling ability looks insane

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Another 26 minutes of gameplay from Obama:

View: https://youtu.be/XXLJY1Rvi0g

This time it's 1v1 (the players not teams) him vs Fuudo

Edit: Obama is grimy for choosing that pic for the thumbnail lmao

I mean, Fuudo might find the pic hilarious. All the memes at the time were painting him as an unsocial nerd who was uncomfortable around women, but it's actually a photo of him and his then model girlfriend/now wife.