• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting for BTB to be fixed before I jump back into multiplayer. This sucks to hear.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
They only seem to care about the F2P game - people like me who had their campaign save corrupt they give zero fucks for.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Well, damn…

He also just said they're now investigating removing BTB challenges while they continue to work on a fix

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I've always been more into the 4v4 modes but for those who primarily enjoy the BTB stuff, this is terrible.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
That's a shame. Not least because I have a BTB challenge to complete. I reiterate that 343i really should be looking to compensate users more heavily for this situation. It's a major feature in a heavily monetised live service. While I'm sure they're taking it very seriously internally I don't think they're strking the right tone with their customers on this. Infinite has its work cut out if it wants to be a major popular shooter long term, and this is not helping one bit.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I guess the low animation FPS in the campaign cutscenes also remain unfixed? It's weird how the game was delayed but still feels like it came in hot

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
It's not utterly broken for me. I've been able to get into matches about half the time. But when it fails, I gotta reboot the whole game.

The whole of Halo Infinite feels... really like it's hanging together by a thread. I love what's there and I adore it when it works, but it's very clear the game went through an immense amount of development and technical hurdles.

All is forgiven as far as I'm concerned though- because it's the happiest I've been with Halo, and crucially the most optimistic I've ever felt about its future since Halo 3, which is one of my favorite games ever. So that's fine! I'm just rooting real hard for them to fix those hurdles so Halo can continue on this great path they've forged.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Also doesn't work on Game Pass on PC for me. Same as Age of Empires 4.
Well, enough other games to play. Will buy super-cheap on Steam someday.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Lolll I thought it was my internet that was causing issues with connecting to big team battle....never knew it was a widespread issue.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Remove all BTB challenges until shit is sorted

It's like the people making challenges don't actually play the game. Aside from BTB challenges needing to have been ripped out of the game like a month ago, many challenges have excessive or unintuitive requirements, like requiring revives in Attrition which is something you can only do if your team is about to lose. None of this shit passes the sanity test.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I don't really enjoy the BTB mode, but having it off the table for a lot of people will hopefully throw some attention on just how few traditional multiplayer maps Infinite has. Just... remaster Zanzibar or something.

Jul 14, 2018
Philadelphia
It's like the people making challenges don't actually play the game. Aside from BTB challenges needing to have been ripped out of the game like a month ago, many challenges have excessive or unintuitive requirements, like requiring revives in Attrition which is something you can only do if your team is about to lose. None of this shit passes the sanity test.
I queued with a friend and just killed myself with grenades when we were out of lives to help him cheese it. The opportunity just doesn't pop up in the mode enough, especially with the peculiar first-to-2 format they decided to go with.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
They already said a fix is in the works, afaik.

Given the mountain of fixes they currently need to get addressed, I just don't see it happening anytime soon. But it's such a minor issue to me, I can't imagine delaying a play through of the campaign to begin with.

I don't really enjoy the BTB mode, but having it off the table for a lot of people will hopefully throw some attention on just how few traditional multiplayer maps Infinite has. Just... remaster Zanzibar or something.

It has the same amount as past Halo games, which were paid titles. The last thing this game needs is another Launch Site map.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I love the fact they have been transparent, but at the same time the fact they can't fix it is pretty alarming

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
I noticed this over the weekend, really annoying.

Didn't realise its been an issue for upwards of a month now.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm i just tested it and got into my first BTB game in weeks, full match too. Hopped off. I guess i just got lucky?

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
Yeah... I've just put Infinite down for the foreseeable future, until they fix this. I've finished the Battle Pass, and enjoy lots of aspects, but BTB is what my brother and I like playing most. Think it's been a few weeks now since we played last. Been enjoying plenty of other games in the meantime, and several more are zooming in soon!

Jan 11, 2020
what have I missed? Played BtB for weeks after "launch" in november but Ive been too bust last couple of months with family, work and my new PS5.. cant remember any problems - what happened?

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
I think the issue is mainly for fireteams with 4+ people. Once you get to around 6 people, it's virtually impossible to get into a match.
Ahh gotcha.

I've said it before, I bet they were trying to fix groups not being put into the same squad and somehow fucked up BTB. Because it used to work before, and something fucked it up.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
343 really thought they had it in the bag after the employees left for their 3 weeks holiday vacation.

get the fuck outta of my face with this bullshit..

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think the issue is mainly for fireteams with 4+ people. Once you get to around 6 people, it's virtually impossible to get into a match.

Yesterday I was in a 2 men fireteam and we still couldnt get a btb match

I hope they gift challenge swaps for this, already wasted like 4 of them to not do btb missions

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Really the worst parts of Infinite. The UI and the matchmaking its insane how terrible it is in general. Along with the loading into matches so bizarre in a game released in 2021. The worst thing is getting stuck in that infinite sever not working loop and you its just easier to crash the game.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
what have I missed? Played BtB for weeks after "launch" in november but Ive been too bust last couple of months with family, work and my new PS5.. cant remember any problems - what happened?
It worked fine all through beta but once campaign launched there's been some weird bug that degraded matchmaking for BTB to it's current state. It's a 50-50 shot if you get into a functioning game as a solo player, and pretty much impossible if you're in a big group.

Jan 11, 2020
It worked fine all through beta but once campaign launched there's been some weird bug that degraded matchmaking for BTB to it's current state. It's a 50-50 shot if you get into a functioning game as a solo player, and pretty much impossible if you're in a big group.
Oh that sucks, happily ignorant i guess.. Hope they fix it soon because the new "event" looks fun and pretty cool cosmetics so going to jump back in this weekend. 4v4 is not so fun for me tho, too much pressure 😬