• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
This has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in gaming in a long time.

Home this does well, it releasing on Steam gives me some hope it'll be available on the Quest at some point.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
I'd love to see Mario 3 and castelian in vr. Wonder if this could eventually support SNES games as the mode 7 stuff on that would be incredible (looking at you f zero).

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to see Mario 3 and castelian in vr. Wonder if this could eventually support SNES games as the mode 7 stuff on that would be incredible (looking at you f zero).

Someone asked on Reddit and he replied that it could be done (on a technical level). He's not doing it, but technically, someone could do it. It's interesting that some of the more graphically intense NES games aren't in the initial release. I asked him if they would be coming in future updates, and he replied he's just not happy with how they look yet. But it's his plan to add some of the missing titles (like Mario 3, etc).

I think he does a whole lot of per game tweaking. And the more complex the tilesets get, the more complex it is for things to not become broken. That's really the bigger issue. And why I'm not sure SNES is ever going to happen from someone.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
This has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in gaming in a long time.

Home this does well, it releasing on Steam gives me some hope it'll be available on the Quest at some point.

No promises, but he's going to try his best.

I wonder what's the bigger obstacle at this point: getting it performant or getting approval from Oculus to sell it on the store.