• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Do most GameStops have Switch OLEDs in stock?

For my area, when I called yesterday they said they had one restock since launch but as of that day, none in our area had any. I was going to pull the trigger on trading mine in, but I'm worried about being locked in to only getting one at GameStop at some point in the future whenever Wario tweets or I actually go to a store in person. So for now I'll just wait.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know when to expect to receive the $5 monthly reward after signing up? It hasn't appeared in active offers in my account and it's been a couple of weeks.

44tiger

Oct 31, 2019
Anyone seeing the bonus $40 go away? They won't honor it here and it's ringing up $220 for trade in.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know when to expect to receive the $5 monthly reward after signing up? It hasn't appeared in active offers in my account and it's been a couple of weeks.

From what I've read recently, the $5 welcome certificate you get for signing up for the first time is apparently now no longer a thing since the beginning of October.

It seems they changed it instead to you getting 10k points when you sign up, which honestly is fine by me, since points don't expire.

As for the $5 monthly coupon, if you got a Pro membership in October, then you'll have to wait until November to get your first one.

hitmon

Oct 26, 2017
Your first month is 10,000 points
From what I've read recently, the $5 welcome certificate you get for signing up for the first time is apparently now no longer a thing since the beginning of October.

It seems they changed it instead to you getting 10k points when you sign up, which honestly is fine by me, since points don't expire.

As for the $5 monthly coupon, if you got a Pro membership in October, then you'll have to wait until November to get your first one.
Thanks for the quick responses!

Cheesebu

Wrong About Cheese
Sep 21, 2020
You can actually double dip on the $5 monthly certificate if you remember to copy the online code somewhere and apply it to your cart before you redeem it in-store. You can also apply it after too but just make sure you copy down the code somewhere because it won't show up in your offer after the in-store redemption.
Where do these show up? I subbed a few weeks ago but I don't see an in store or online reward anywhere

Edit: answered above haha, I gotta remember to refresh

srylain

Jun 15, 2018
You can actually double dip on the $5 monthly certificate if you remember to copy the online code somewhere and apply it to your cart before you redeem it in-store. You can also apply it after too but just make sure you copy down the code somewhere because it won't show up in your offer after the in-store redemption.

So just to get that straight, you do a pick up at store order and use the offer (online) and then when you go and pick up the order you hand them the code?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
So just to get that straight, you do a pick up at store order and use the offer (online) and then when you go and pick up the order you hand them the code?

You need to buy something in-store first like a $5 eShop/Xbox gift card because they need to see that you still have the $5 monthly cert on your account. After you use it in-store, you can use the promo code associated with the $5 monthly cert online (and you can do an in-store pickup if you want).

EDIT: Something I like to do is use my $5 monthly cert online for an in-store pickup towards the end of the month so that by the time I pick it up next month, my new $5 cert will be active and I can get another $5 eShop. Two birds, one stone. Rinse and repeat. The unfortunate thing is that you cannot get a free item with the $5 cert online because the checkout system doesn't know how to handle it or something. :\

Nov 2, 2017
Don't post much these days but I have to ask, is it still going? I just found out and I have a PS4 I want to get rid our. It is a 1TB slim model.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Trade in bonus promo is over, you will get max $220 now for v1 or v2 switch ($260 yesterday) and no extra bonus on PS4 or xbox either, website is what you get ranging from $150 to $275 for a ps4/pro/xbox, depending on the model.

Last week there was an extra hidden $40 bonus for switch and $50 for ps4/xbox but that is gone now. Glad I didn't wait and traded in all my old stuff last week.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Trade in bonus promo is over, you will get max $220 now for v1 or v2 switch ($260 yesterday) and no extra bonus on PS4 or xbox either, website is what you get ranging from $150 to $275 for a ps4/pro/xbox, depending on the model.

Last week there was an extra hidden $40 bonus for switch and $50 for ps4/xbox but that is gone now. Glad I didn't wait and traded in all my old stuff last week.
That sucks, I use my switch alot and didn't wanna be without it waiting for a restock whenever that might happen. Ugh

Nov 27, 2017
California
I'm bummed I missed the 50% trade in bonus so I might just go for the 30% bonus when pre ordering a game

also I should've bought a switch OLED to do a return rebuy with my trade in credit after transferring my data
Oh well

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm bummed I missed the 50% trade in bonus so I might just go for the 30% bonus when pre ordering a game

also I should've bought a switch OLED to do a return rebuy with my trade in credit after transferring my data
Oh well

30% bonus when you pre-order a game only applies to game trade-ins, not accessories or consoles

thats what was so nice about the 50% bonus from 2 weeks ago, it not only applied to games but accessories as well. They usually only run that promo once or twice a year, so I wouldn't expect it back for a while

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone seeing the bonus $40 go away? They won't honor it here and it's ringing up $220 for trade in.

I think the extra is over. Only got 220 for my switch just now despite an employee telling my it'd be all month long for the bonus.
I expect nothing more from GameStop

cactus jack time for another thread title update lol

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
Is there still any kind of bonus for physical games? I've got a handful I've been meaning to get rid of, including my just-finished Metroid Dread (which I loved, but an unlikely to replay for at least a few years).

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017

Bummer.

Taneleer

Dec 20, 2017
PNW
Slickdeals says $220 cash also for pro members now

slickdeals.net

GameStop Pro Members: Trade In Nintendo Switch for $220 Cash

GameStop's new promo for Pro Members is they are matching the cash value of the Switch trade-in with the store credit. So you will get either $220 cash or $220 in store credit. Normal the cash value i ...

Thanks for this!! I've been trying to sell my v2 Switch for two weeks now, and nothing but cheapskates in my area, this is $10 less than what I was asking for.

Christor

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to trade in my PS4 pro for this deal.
some gamestops do not do this deal so it's best to call before coming in.
I'm satisfied. Also note, you get more mulas for the store credit than cash. I was satisfied.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I did the cash-same-as-credit deal with my non-oled Switch a few days ago.

Pretty solid deal, probably just as much I'd have gotten selling it on ebay or Swappa taking into account service fees and shipping.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
So I signed up for Power Up Rewards for $10 and got the 10K points which I redeemed for a $10 in-store reward, intending to buy a $10 eShop card. I went to my local GameStop and the clerk said the eShop money wouldn't ring up (wouldn't qualify?). I feel like I've read online in multiple places that the rewards can be used on eShop/Steam/PSN/XBL/etc cards, is that not the case? Should I have redeemed it for an online reward instead?

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
FWIW I was able to sell my Switch on EBay for more than this trade value. I know some are looking for ways to pay for a SteamDeck or recoup the cost of an OLED like I was. Good luck!

Oct 25, 2017
So I signed up for Power Up Rewards for $10 and got the 10K points which I redeemed for a $10 in-store reward, intending to buy a $10 eShop card. I went to my local GameStop and the clerk said the eShop money wouldn't ring up (wouldn't qualify?). I feel like I've read online in multiple places that the rewards can be used on eShop/Steam/PSN/XBL/etc cards, is that not the case? Should I have redeemed it for an online reward instead?
I just used mine on eshop on Friday

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I am so mad at myself for missing this. I have an X1X I have no use for that I want to get rid of to upgrade to an XSS for the family room, and an old switch I could move on from. Grumble old man grumble too lazy to get motivated grumble.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017

Screenshot_20211027-141724_Samsung_Internet.jpg

I traded my One X, PS4, Xbox One, Joycons.