• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
I loved Shaolin Monks!

Oh yeah. This is going on most wanted list. 2019 will be fun.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
A Shaolin Monks style mode easily makes this a GOTY candidate for me whenever it comes out unless it's utter crap.

TropicalFish

Oct 25, 2017
Umm... didn't Reiko die in the comic tie-in prequel thing?

Fujin playable? YAS. The fact that he wasn't even dlc in MKX was infuriating.

I want Ashrah though I loved her design.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Do people genuinely not care about the gameplay this company comes up with? How the fuck does a leak not talk about that.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
3 year in development and the animation will probably still look like they were made by people who never seen a human being move.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
  • Johnny cage,goro,sonya,kano,baraka,mileena,ferratorr %100 not playable
cGO16Mi.jpg

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Yeah. Given the wizardry Netherrealms pulled off with 9 and 10, I can't wait to see what they could do with UE4 if the rumor is true.

AFAIK job listings referred to UE4 for pretty much all WB studios, Rocksteady, Avalanche Software, NRS and WB Montreal. Monolith is the only one using a proprietary engine.
Injustice 2 was fantastic and it was running with UE3, can't wait to see how they can go further with UE4.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
It seems weird to put any faith into a 4chan rumor without any sign that it's real, aside from how it sounds believable. And in this case I'm not sure it's even that believable. Shaolin Monks was outsourced to Midway Los Angeles, a studio that was disbanded. The last time they attempted to add a beat'en up mode with Armageddon it wasn't nearly as well received.

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
It seems weird to put any faith into a 4chan rumor without any sign that it's real, aside from how it sounds believable. And in this case I'm not sure it's even that believable. Shaolin Monks was outsourced to Midway Los Angeles, a studio that was disbanded. The last time they attempted to add a beat'en up mode with Armageddon it wasn't nearly as well received.

NRS is actually formed by ex-Midway people.
WB bought the whole studio after Midway bankrupcy.

Also, Shaolin Monks was co-developed by Paradox and Midway games.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Series always cuts a decent chunk of regulars, dunno why anyone is surprised.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
With everything that happened in that last game those cuts shouldn't be surprising at all. I just hope it's fun, really didn't like Injustice 2.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Would be very upset if the shaolin monks part of this rumor is fake since that game was incredible.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This sounds great.

While it huts to lose characters I love using like Mileena, Johnny, and Sonia, I'm happy the series isn't afraid to get rid of mainstays.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Please no multiple versions or multiple stances for each character, the rosters are already big enough.

Coop mode is awesome, hopefully something as deep as chaolin monks.

Adventure mode if done as per Deception it will be awesome.

Bring it.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
I'd believe this.

Would also like to know about the actual gameplay though, lol.

Also are people just expecting Mileena in every MK ever? Fan favourites always sit it out every once in a while, especially if they just died.

Last edited:

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
3 year in development and the animation will probably still look like they were made by people who never seen a human being move.
I look forward to people claiming the animation is hugely improved when in fact it looks about the same.

Or maybe THIS time it will actually be true.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
If this is actually true: a Shaolin Monks mode would very likely make this a day one buy for me .

No Kano would be disappointing though. I remember playing as him all the time in MK and UMK3 as a kid.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
last time they attempted a shaolin monks-like adventure mode it turned out awful (armageddon) so here's hoping this fares better.

also, mileena and baraka sat out deadly alliance. cage and sonya sat out deception. im a bit surprised they'd swap out cage, he seemed destined for core character status a la scorpion and sub-zero. but anyways, this is normal.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Shaolin Monks is one of the best 2 player co-op games I have ever played, so I genuinely hope this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.