Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the 2003 Hulk movie on Blu Ray off a 7-11 rack.

I don't think it's a good movie, but I do think it's interesting enough to buy for $5 off a 7-11 rack.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I forget, but is there a way to get 4K iTunes versions of 4K blurays that include digital Movies Anywhere copies?
Can you redeem the included code directly in iTunes?

I already messed that up with at least Black Panther and probably one or two others if there is a way of getting it, unless you can call support and get it upgraded or something?

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I forget, but is there a way to get 4K iTunes versions of 4K blurays that include digital Movies Anywhere copies?
Can you redeem the included code directly in iTunes?

I already messed that up with at least Black Panther and probably one or two others if there is a way of getting it, unless you can call support and get it upgraded or something?

If they are 4K codes from 4K discs, redeem them directly in MA to get the 4K entitlement.

The exception here is Fox, as Fox only gives HD codes, because Fox gonna Fox.

iTunes doesn't have Black Panther in 4K, so if you redeem the 4K code in iTunes, you only get HD exported back out to MA.

If you redeem the Black Panther 4K code in MA, it exports out as 4K to Amazon, FN, and Vudu (which have it in 4K) and HD to iTunes and Google Play (which only have it in HD).

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Right, I totally forgot about the current Disney/Apple beef regarding that stuff, thanks.

I do think I need to contact the Movies Anywhere or VUDU support about my copies of Lego Batman and Thor Ragnarok, both seem to be showing as 1080 on my non-iTunes video services.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Right, I totally forgot about the current Disney/Apple beef regarding that stuff, thanks.

I do think I need to contact the Movies Anywhere or VUDU support about my copies of Lego Batman and Thor Ragnarok, both seem to be showing as 1080 on my non-iTunes video services.

Where/when did you redeem the codes? That's what matters.

You can view the actual license in your MA transaction history.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
gNXMPvAs.jpg

This is terrible but I kinda dig it?

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Any recommendations for a UHD player that has DV support at around 150? Refurbished or used is fine too. I'm just tired of waiting for Microsoft to give the One X a DV update which probably wasn't happening anyway

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any recommendations for a UHD player that has DV support at around 150? Refurbished or used is fine too. I'm just tired of waiting for Microsoft to give the One X a DV update which probably wasn't happening anyway
Close to that price range, your options are: LG UP970, Sony UBP-X700, Philips BDP7502.

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Samsara is now available in 4K HDR (U.S iTunes).The Blu-rays of Samsara and Baraka look great.Hopefully, both will be released on 4K Blu-ray.

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up Forrest Gump on 4K over the weekend. Not sure what all the fuss was about. Compared to Terminator 2, I think the disc looks gorgeous. Grain is still present, but the artificial grain from some of the CGI shots of Gump in archival footage really stands out as ugly. Still, that's inherent to the source and not the transfer. A huge upgrade from my old DVD copy!

Arriving tomorrow:
Bull Durham (Criterion Blu-ray)
Inner Space (Blu)
A Quite Place (4K Blu)

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Future 4K Blu-ray releases
Avengers: Infinity War 21/8
Solo: A Star Wars Story 25/9
The Hunt for Red October, Patriot Games, Clear & Present Danger, The Sum of All Fears, and Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit 21/8
Les Miserables (August)
Schindler's List (October)
Predator & Predator Trilogy 7/8
Superman (1978) November
Sources: The Digital Bits, 4Kfilme.de

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I heard Gladiator 4k is good? How is The Last Jedi?
Gladiator looks and sounds incredible.

TLJ is a problematic release. Film looks good in Dolby Vision but is too dark in general for my tastes. The sound is a problem, like most recent Disney releases, the master volume is too low so you will have to turn your system up an extra 25%, even then the sound field is a little weak. Not enough going on in the surround and overhead channels IMO.

Westonian

Oct 27, 2017
Awwwww yeah! This just arrived from Amazon.de last night!
MBE1s4k.jpg

The surround track is as magnificent as I remember it in theaters. The shootout might be my favorite surround sound scene in any movie ever.

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron 4K Blu-rays are now up for pre-order, for release on 8/14 (U.S), day and date with Avengers: Infinity War.

Last edited:

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Big Lebowski will be released on 4K Blu-ray in October (18/10 Germany, 24/10 Italy)

Collector's edition (source: amazon.it)

51X2HX2zqQL.jpg

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the 4k hdr copy of Ready Player One on Vudu. I loved the movie in theaters but my god it looks stunning in HDR. The final battle especially looks mind blowing. Love the cinematography in that scene. The cloudy almost greyish tone mixed in with snowy landscape and a colorful cast of characters made the scene imo. Spielberg's still got it.

the 4k disc wont come for the next two weeks or so, but i love Vudu. Movies have never looked better. Pacific Rim Uprising wasnt a very good movie but man it looked gorgeous.

Oct 28, 2017
Hey everybody. Looking to get a new TV in the near future, haven't bought a new one for like 6 years. If anybody had recommendations, or some informative resources, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Looking for a ~60in TV. Don't really care about anything other than picture quality and longevity.

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everybody. Looking to get a new TV in the near future, haven't bought a new one for like 6 years. If anybody had recommendations, or some informative resources, I'd be greatly appreciative.

Looking for a ~60in TV. Don't really care about anything other than picture quality and longevity.

You have to be a bit more specific.For example, what's your budget? What will be the main usage of the TV? I think that you should ask here.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, maybe someone here actually knows why. But is there actually any reason why TVs in the US don't support 50Hz at all (or blu-ray players for that matter)? I understand that American TV broadcast is 60Hz, but I don't understand why there isn't any compatibility in the TVs at all. I'm watching The Complete Doctor Who Specials, but for whatever reason the BBC used the 60Hz transfer from the American market also in Europe, which of course causes a lot of stuttering. Our TVs support both just fine without problems, so I never understood the complete lack of support in America.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope my digital codes from my MI collection haven't expired. I need to watch them again before fallout and currently my friend has my blurays. I should try the code sheet tonight.

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
how come the latest 2 aren't on itunes?

They're there, just not on sale right now.

4K movies on iTunes are 4K only on iTunes correct? Like not 4K on movies anywhere?

Depends on if the studio supports Movies Anywhere. MA itself doesn't do 4K anywhere, but will do it in apps that do support it, (like Vudu). If MA is supported, buying 4K in iTunes will give you 4K in other places too.

For example, I bought Suicide Squad (hey it was five bucks) in 4K on iTunes and it's now also showing up as UHD in my Vudu library.

However, Mission Impossible isn't supported so when I bought them through Vudu initially a while back, they weren't in my iTunes library. Now that I bought the 4K versions in itunes, they are only 4K in itunes and nowhere else.

meph

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
What's the deal with The Prestige in 4K? No one seems to have it anymore? Other Nolan titles seem to be found easily, and even frequently on sale.

Oct 25, 2017
Dolby Vision!! yeahhhhhhhhhhh
Streaming!! Ummmmmmmmm
CNET has updated their article and is now reporting that some microsoft spokesperson has told them that disc support is also coming this Fall.
https://www.cnet.com/news/dolby-vision-is-coming-to-xbox-one-but-only-on-netflix-for-now/

I'd be a lot more comfortable hearing it from a named source but if true I'm excited now. Streaming support meant jack shit to me but disc supports got me smiling.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
CNET has updated their article and is now reporting that some microsoft spokesperson has told them that disc support is also coming this Fall.
https://www.cnet.com/news/dolby-vision-is-coming-to-xbox-one-but-only-on-netflix-for-now/

I'd be a lot more comfortable hearing it from a named source but if true I'm excited now. Streaming support meant jack shit to me but disc supports got me smiling.
If that's the case, the One X would complete it's transformation into a perfect machine

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Out of curiosity, maybe someone here actually knows why. But is there actually any reason why TVs in the US don't support 50Hz at all (or blu-ray players for that matter)? I understand that American TV broadcast is 60Hz, but I don't understand why there isn't any compatibility in the TVs at all. I'm watching The Complete Doctor Who Specials, but for whatever reason the BBC used the 60Hz transfer from the American market also in Europe, which of course causes a lot of stuttering. Our TVs support both just fine without problems, so I never understood the complete lack of support in America.
My 2016 Samsung KS8000 supports 50hz. I'm in Canada (which has the same tv models as the us for the most part). I discovered this because I was getting the BBC stream for Wimbledon via a VPN since the service that had wimbledon locally and that I paid for was 30fps whereas it was 50fps on BBC's stream. I set my laptop that was hooked to my tv to 50hz and it worked fine and I confirmed via the tv banner (and the fact that the slight stuttering that I saw in 60hz mode was gone) that it was 50hz mode.