• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
www.instagram.com

JUSTICE on Instagram: "INCOGNITO - out now"

14K likes, 271 comments - etjusticepourtous on March 6, 2024: "INCOGNITO - out now"

This video from last week promoting Incognito (and showing the Hyperdrama vinyl) shows that the track between One Night/All Night and Incognito is titled "Dear Alan".

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Rumored track list:

Edit: Found the other tracks

Neverender (feat. Tame Impala)

Generator

Afterimage (feat. Rimon Bahere)

One Night/All Night (feat. Tame Impala)

Dear Alan

Incognito

Mannequin Love (feat. The Flints)

Moonlight Rendezvous (feat. Victor Le Masne)

Explorer (feat. Conan Mockasin)

Muscle Memory

Happy dream

Saturine (feat. Miguel)

The End (feat. Thundercat)

Last edited:

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rumored track list:

Neverender (feat. Tame Impala)

Generator

One Night/All Night (feat. Tame Impala)

Dear Alan

Incognito

Mannequin Love (feat. The Flints)

Moonlight Rendezvous (feat. Victor Le Masne)

Explorer (feat. Conan Mockasin)

Muscle Memory

Saturine (feat. Miguel)

The End (feat. Thundercat)
I recall seeing two of these tracks having been leaked by name elsewhere (on top of the one mentioned above which is slotted in correctly), but this seems like an incomplete tracklist; Apple Music lists ON/AN as track four out of a 13 track album. Even if that number includes a bonus track, there's a track missing between ON/AN and Generator.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I recall seeing two of these tracks having been leaked by name elsewhere (on top of the one mentioned above which is slotted in correctly), but this seems like an incomplete tracklist; Apple Music lists ON/AN as track four out of a 13 track album. Even if that number includes a bonus track, there's a track missing between ON/AN and Generator.

yeah I found the other two tracks and updated my post

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
This and Gessafelstein releasing a new album shortly... Is this the start of a big return of bloghouse/ electro sleaze/clash / indie dance/ whatever you want to call it? The last 2 or 3 years of electronic music have been really tapping into the late 90s/ early 2000s trance scene so I feel like the cycle is just about to catch up considering Cross is 17 years old now (still absolutely insane to me).

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
This and Gessafelstein releasing a new album shortly... Is this the start of a big return of bloghouse/ electro sleaze/clash / indie dance/ whatever you want to call it? The last 2 or 3 years of electronic music have been really tapping into the late 90s/ early 2000s trance scene so I feel like the cycle is just about to catch up considering Cross is 17 years old now (still absolutely insane to me).
Ooooh was unaware of this.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the leaked tracklist has been officially confirmed. For those who missed it:
  1. Neverender (featuring Tame Impala)
  2. Generator
  3. Afterimage (featuring RIMON)
  4. One Night/All Night (featuring Tame Impala)
  5. Dear Alan
  6. Incognito
  7. Mannequin Love (featuring The Flints)
  8. Moonlight Rendez-vous
  9. Explorer (featuring Connan Mockasin)
  10. Muscle Memory
  11. Harpy Dream
  12. Saturnine (featuring Miguel)
  13. The End (featuring Thundercat)
Excited to hear that Thundercat cut.

Cartoonic21

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the leaked tracklist has been officially confirmed. For those who missed it:
  1. Neverender (featuring Tame Impala)
  2. Generator
  3. Afterimage (featuring RIMON)
  4. One Night/All Night (featuring Tame Impala)
  5. Dear Alan
  6. Incognito
  7. Mannequin Love (featuring The Flints)
  8. Moonlight Rendez-vous
  9. Explorer (featuring Connan Mockasin)
  10. Muscle Memory
  11. Harpy Dream
  12. Saturnine (featuring Miguel)
  13. The End (featuring Thundercat)
Excited to hear that Thundercat cut.

Sorry for the bump but I'd say checkout their Coachella performance if you can! Neverender was played twice at least and sounds amazing. Probably some other new music I couldn't pinpoint.

Can't wait for the album, just two more weeks!

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
if you have a NZ vpn the album is out!

Just finished the first track (Neverender) and its already better than anything from Woman. Sooooo good

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
After a full listen - the first half is packed with so many gems. Neverender, Afterimage, Generator, Dear Alan, ON/AN, Mannequin Love...goddamn. The second half is not quite as strong but perhaps follow up listens will let them grow on me. Favorites are Neverender and Afterimage so far.

It's a close race between this and AVD for my second favorite Justice album. AVD has more driving, energetic songs (Helix, Civilization, Canon, etc) while this has more of a space-y, disco-y, atmospheric vibe which is equally great.

Here's to their next album releasing in 2035 :')

Last edited:

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
It's a grower for me, but Mannequin Love is gonna be a new classic. It works so fucking great live. Can't wait to hear this in Atmos (and on wax) tomorrow.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Agree that album's definitely more of a grower than I expected. It feels less like Justice's usual brand of symphonic nu-disco and more like Justice fusing old school disco and R&B with synthwave. I didn't expect the back half to go back to more of that Vangelis and Tangerine Dream worship that Gaspard did on his Escapades record. That being said I definitely feel more intimate replay value in it compared to AVD and Woman; some tracks like Neverender, Afterimage, and Mannequin Love already feel like instant classics, and we've all had our piece to say about Incognito and Generator.

Goodness gracious though; that synth odyssey in Muscle Memory

transcend-heavenly.gif

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
OK, so you know how R.A.M by Daft Punk is like a really good album from a mastering standpoint, right? Like the thing you'd wanna test speakers with. An album that showed what they learned and they they knew their shit.

This is like that but I actually want to listen to it.

ArtemisLunar

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Jun 13, 2018
Nerverender is an instant classic for me.
I cannot believe we just got a new Justice's album.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
I can't even describe how incredible it was to see these songs performed live the other night. Possibly the best show I've ever seen.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
Muscle Memory is definitely growing on me. And damn the transition from that to Harpy Dream then Saturnine is just *chefs kiss*

But Afterimage, Neverender, Dear Alan and Mannequin Love are still tops for me. Instant classics. Afterimage probably cream of the crop

AVD holds a special place for me for multiple reasons but I think I have to slot Hyperdrama above it into 2nd place. The boys are BACK baby.

Dec 17, 2022
Good tracks in there: Explorer feels like a track from the Castlevania 1999 game we never got, Moonlight Rendez-vous is the the theme song to the best cyberpunk detective noir I've never seen, and Dear Alan is a sweet goodbye letter to Daft Punk. Great composition and passion in there.

The vibe really does fit the album's name, as its a modern tech infused drama. But… I lean more to the OG "Justice" album more, as it had more variety in the songs; Not that I dislike Hyperdrama, I just miss upbeat kinetic flows of D.A.N.C.E., or the sample heaviness of something like Newjack.

I think this one is giving some real bangers, but they're more mellow in comparison (but that also makes it more cohesive than Woman). I do love the experimental nature of Muscle Memory. Not going to go into the previously released tracks, those were already sweet from the get-go.

Weakest song to me was "The End"… strange because I like Thundercat. Maybe I need another listen.

Now I just need that new Hiatus Kiayote and Childish Gambino album, and my year will be great.

OP
OP
SanTheSly

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Only partway through inbetween getting ready for work this morning but… I love it so far.

Was about to make an absolutely inane comment about how this one track is so Alan Braxe that it hurts in a good way and then I realised the track was called Dear Alan.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Neverender should be the main hit single being pushed everywhere from this album.

Actually all the tracks that weren't pre-album release singles are kind of the stars for me.

OP
OP
SanTheSly

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
In my best Max Dood voice: I love it. I love it I love it I love it. I love it.

I think it's pretty fantastic from start to finish, probably their second best for me but damn close to Cross overall in terms of cohesiveness and quality. Gonna absolutely rinse this today. I'm so happy.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Need to listen to it more, but 1st impressions are good. Would already put it ahead of AVD and Woman.

OP
OP
SanTheSly

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Thanks for the title change mods!

Listened to this about 4 times today. I actually appreciate the 49 minute length. Invites repeated listens, nothing feels like bloat.

Whit3

Oct 28, 2017
Listened to this a couple times over the weekend and it's great. The first seven tracks hype you up then the last six chill you out.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I enjoy the album a ton. Afterimage is just incredible, and the run from Mannequin Love till Saturnine is just bliss. Special shoutout to Moonlight Rendez-vous.

The only track I don't like is The End. The lyrics just bad and the vocals don't do it for me either. Bit of a bummer to end on.

DSync

Oct 27, 2017
Fuuuuuuuck this album HITS!

Absolutely love Neverender! what a fucking banger!

Moonlight Rendez-Vous is a sweet lofi synthy dream

Muscle Memory into Harpy Dream into Saturnine is soooo good!

Ordered the signed CD from Amazon that arrived today and I've ordered the picture disc vinyl, cannot wait to hear it on vinyl!

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
The last bit of the album kind of chills out in a slightly boring way, but honestly it's really cohesive, and I really enjoyed my first listen through. I really need a full on Justice x Kevin Parker collab album.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Vinyl arrived today. Hesitant to open it up because I like the stickers...

Anyways, great album. I'll echo the others by stating that Afterimage is probably the strongest track on the album, but they are mostly very good. I wish The End wasn't the final track -- it has a lot of weight as the last track on the album and while it is good, I don't think it's strong enough for that responsibility.

Also, Dear Alan is wonderful. That last minute of the song is sublime.

Mirado

Jul 7, 2020
Probably the best thing since Cross? To be fair I really should go back and revisit some of their catalog as I am not sure I gave all of it a fair shake, but this immediately clicked with me in a way that had been lacking since my first listen all those years ago.