Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It's not even expired. That's fine. It'll run out of carbonation before it "expires"

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
You're usually good for about 3 months past the date of expiry for most fizzy drinks, so you'll be fine.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
That's not an expiry date, it's a best by date. which is not an indicator of whether the item is safe for consumption, It is an indicator for what the producer expects the item to taste its absolute best up until - And in fact, is hardly even an indicator of that, as the motivation of capitalism ensures perfectly good items get thrown from your home or the store so more can be put on the shelves or rebought.

For the record, pretty much ALL food is like that. Only baby formula is required by law to have a certified tested expiry date (in the USA.) We don't have any idea how companies establish best by dates.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
3 months I don't think I even notice but a bit past that I might.

Just make sure that life insurance is active.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
The full sugar stuff lasts a fair while past the expiry date. Diet drinks, not so much.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I've drunk sodas that are a couple years past the best-by date, it's fine. Worst that's happened is they've gone flat.

(I don't drink soda that often but I still buy it for whenever I get the urge to have some so that's why I've done this)

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I'm about to grab a whole case.
HXuDlqo.gif

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It has probably not lost any carbonation. It can still last several months to a year past that date especially when refrigerated and even more so if it is a non-diet version. Sugar is a preservative.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Worst case, it's a bit flat.

I had a year old can of Pepsi once. It tasted like watered down detergent.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
what happened to 3 liters, now even the store brand sodas have stopped them

Jeffolation

Shinra Employee
Oct 30, 2017
I drank 8 month old bottled stuff from the back of a stockroom, taste was a bit off. Canned stuff probably holds together longer.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
once i saw a slim jim for sale at a grocery store that was about 10 months past the date. it was almost black as licorice.

no i did not eat it. probably would have broken a tooth or lose some of my colon.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
The date is more like a best by date, where it may lack some flavor or carbonation after. For processed food especially there's so much salt/sugar/whatever preservative that it can last years beyond that if stored properly when unopened.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
As long as it goes "pfft" when you open it, you're good.

For soda. Don't trust that advice with milk.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
Sealed soda is extremely inhospitable to any microbes.

Even past its expiration date, it shouldn't pose any health risk (at least, not for a long time) though it might lose carbonation and develop some off flavors.

If you're anywhere close to the expiration date, you'll be fine.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure about regular soda but some kinds of diet soda start tasting off to me even before they hit the expiration date. Caffeine free Diet Coke especially.