• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Okay, so you got the book going on, you've got the final season coming out, then the spinoff, and you're filming Death Stranding, the video game.

We just started the second one.

How did that come about?

Guillermo Del Toro, who gave me my first movie, called me up and said, "Hey, there's a guy named Hideo Kojima, he's gonna call you, just say yes." And I go, "What do you mean just say yes?" He goes, "Stop being an asshole, just say yes." Then I was in San Diego and Hideo came with a big group of people, he's from Tokyo, and he showed me what he was working on on a game called Silent Hill. I was blown away by what he was showing me, and I was like, "Yes, let's do this." It's not Ms. Pacman; it's so realistic, it's so futuristic, it's so complicated and beautiful, and I was completely blown away.

It took me maybe two or three years to finish all the MoCap sessions and everything. It takes a lot of work. And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing, so we just started part two of that.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia

Okay, so you got the book going on, you've got the final season coming out, then the spinoff, and you're filming Death Stranding, the video game.

We just started the second one.

How did that come about?

Guillermo Del Toro, who gave me my first movie, called me up and said, "Hey, there's a guy named Hideo Kojima, he's gonna call you, just say yes." And I go, "What do you mean just say yes?" He goes, "Stop being an asshole, just say yes." Then I was in San Diego and Hideo came with a big group of people, he's from Tokyo, and he showed me what he was working on on a game called Silent Hill. I was blown away by what he was showing me, and I was like, "Yes, let's do this." It's not Ms. Pacman; it's so realistic, it's so futuristic, it's so complicated and beautiful, and I was completely blown away.

It took me maybe two or three years to finish all the MoCap sessions and everything. It takes a lot of work. And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing, so we just started part two of that.

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
It make sense with the mocap studio kojima keep tweeting about is the playstation san diego mocap studio

astro

Oct 25, 2017
YES

What a fantastic weird masterpiece Death Stranding is. More of that with refinemenrts would be incredible.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
giphy.gif

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Not the first time he's leaked the existence of a second game. Though was in negotiations last time.

Status
Not open for further replies.