• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The ending in DS was pretty good and melancholic. I really don't know if I want a sequel.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
strollever-4.jpg

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've never played in the first game but I'm sure I will before the part 2 arrives. I appreciate his excitement when hearing it's realistic, I like that as well Norman.

A Ms. Pac-Man style game idea would get the door shut on Kojima's face so quick lmao

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
He doesn't know.
He thinks he's doing part two of DS.
Kojima intentionally misled him, but he's actually doing mocap and stuff for a completely different game.

He'll be as surprised as we'll be when he shows up on screen as some villain called Circle-Squareman

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
This time instead of delivering packages, you traverse the Death Stranding hellscape to buy diapers and take the baby for a stroll.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
The ending in DS was pretty good and melancholic. I really don't know if I want a sequel.
Yeah I kind of don't want a sequel either at least with it focusing on Sam. His story ended nicely. Now if the sequel is actually going to be focused on someone else and just Sam shows up as a cameo or a side character then I am down.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
That's cool. Death Stranding is not my jam but I appreciate what it's going for and I think more games like it should be made.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
If we can
A) Deliver more packages in varied and unusual locales
B) Sneak in or around MULE camps with MGSV-style stealth systems
C) Fight BTs with Blood Swords (A hoonter must hoont!)
then it'll be worth suffering through whatever nonsense narrative Kojima can come up with.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I'll try to see if the DC will spark some sort of flame to finish the first one...

Aerial51

Apr 24, 2020
Ugh. The most disappointing news of an already disappointing fucking year. Every single thing about Death Stranding was tailor-made to make sure I loathed every second of the experience.

It would be impressive if not for the fact that nobody is ever going to make a valid follow-up to MGSV's stealth and combat mechanics, meaning I've lost something and gotten nothing in return.
Dude that's like the easiest thing imaginable when it comes to you.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Excellent! Best new gameplay loop in a decade at least, and fantastic atmosphere. But please hire better writers...

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
Is this game really worth it? I heard it was a walking sim, I'm pretty big on gameplay so I've been hesitant.

The gameplay is fantastic. You're trekking/hiking over various rough terrains, over mountains, etc. You carry all sorts of packages to deliver on foot. You can customize your loadout to be as efficient with deliveries as possible while also maintaining your balance so you don't fall over and break stuff on the trip.

The controls are deep. For example, the triggers are your grip buttons, one for each hand. So to carry a package in your right hand (I almost never hand-carried anything, it's a choice) you hold the right trigger. Let go to drop it. Same for left. If your hands are empty, the triggers have you grip your shoulder straps instead to better balance your huge backpack. Oh, and there's a punch button. If you punch with luggage in your hand, you swing that instead. So you can beat people with packages. If you let go of the grip mid-swing, then it becomes a throw.

It's a Kojima game, there's plenty of depth to be had in the gameplay and control scheme. It's always 'the devs thought of everything' when it comes to gameplay.

The story is batshit, and becomes overbearing near the end. But the game itself--hiking across the country, maintaining your balance, discovering new paths, listening to tunes--it's a mood.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
My only issue is I dont see how can the game even be continued considering it ended conclusively. Maybe he just means the next project with Kojima. Beyond that I wouldnt mind a sequel, I had a great time with Death Stranding. Just... avoid using Mario and Princess Beach in your dialogue..

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. The most disappointing news of an already disappointing fucking year. Every single thing about Death Stranding was tailor-made to make sure I loathed every second of the experience.

It would be impressive if not for the fact that nobody is ever going to make a valid follow-up to MGSV's stealth and combat mechanics, meaning I've lost something and gotten nothing in return.

Jesus Christ.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this from him talking about stuff for the director's cut? I could have sworn I've seen this before.

I guess it isn't because it's a recent interview and doesn't seem assembled from old quotes.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I already enjoyed DS's gameplay.

But imagine if it improves like how his last sequel improved on that front. MGS4 to MGSV.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017

Sorry for your loss...RIP in peace.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
My only issue is I dont see how can the game even be continued considering it ended conclusively. Maybe he just means the next project with Kojima. Beyond that I wouldnt mind a sequel, I had a great time with Death Stranding. Just... avoid using Mario and Princess Beach in your dialogue..

Silent Hill 4 move. You play as older Lou.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
The entire quote made it sound like he was talking about silent Hill.

and he showed me what he was working on on a game called Silent Hill. I was blown away by what he was showing me, and I was like, "Yes, let's do this." It's not Ms. Pacman; it's so realistic, it's so futuristic, it's so complicated and beautiful, and I was completely blown away.

It took me maybe two or three years to finish all the MoCap sessions and everything. It takes a lot of work. And then the game came out, and it just won all these awards, and it was a huge thing, so we just started part two of that.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Odds that sam is not the protagonist this time, but is instead a story-important NPC?

I reïterate my desire for Death Stranding 2 to take place in Africa, and for it to have a Black woman as the protagonist. I'd love for Philomena Kwao to be the body and face of the MC.

Slippy

Oct 23, 2021
Nice! Sony own the 'Stranding' mechanic patent so I knew they were going to pursue it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.