Scuttlefluff

Oct 28, 2017
Hitman III but short, overpriced and terribly confusing way it's sold plus always online bullshit.

RE Village but a few days and you're done, even with Mercs and multiple play throughs.

Ratchet but multiple crashes and waiting for the next patch.

I'm sure Returnal is great, but I'll find out when it's dropped in price (lower than £52 please Sony)

Probably FFVII Intermission to be honest, it's the only perfect thing I've played this year.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
There sure has been no Hades equivalent so far this year. Will be interesting to see what console owners that have waited for native versions will think of it when it comes out.

So far 2021, I guess RE: Village. I had a very good time with it, especially first playthrough. The Room 4: Old Sins and Subnautica: Below Zero did not disappoint either.

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Initially it was Ratchet, but the more I play, the more I love Returnal. Gameplay is airtight and the artstyle is phenomenal. It also offers a very game-like way of presenting the story, which works very well in my opinion.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
For me it's Returnal and/or Village so far.

Other games are fine to really good but it's hard to overcome Returnals gameplay. If it would allow for saving at will and an optional lesser difficulty i think way more people would enjoy it.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Doki Doki and FF7 Intermission are the best games I've played this year. One is a remaster with extra content and the other is a piece of DLC, so not sure if that qualifies lol.

If it has to be a brand "new" game, the only one I've played was Village. It was good, not great. This has most certainly been a year for me to catch up on backlog.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
It Takes Two closely followed by Bowser's Fury so far.

Death's Door stands a good chance of going in high depending on how I find the back half of the game.

Mar 19, 2021
Currently:

1. Returnal / Disco Elysium: Final Cut (if that counts)
2. It Takes Two
3. Chicory
4. Death's Door
5. Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
6. Bowser's Fury
7. Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
8. Resident Evil Village
9. Judgment (only played this year)
10. Nier Replicant

HM to Hitman 3 and New Pokemon Snap

Grugga Pug

Nov 5, 2017
I've got to say, mine might be Scarlet Nexus. It's pleasantly surprising, haven't played something like this is so long.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I'm playing Control Ultimate Edition PS5 - that's pretty good. Before that I replayed RDR2 and Mass Effect 1 and 2 Legendary Edition and before that Dishonored 1. You can see I am hip and with it like all the cool kids. I would like to play Ratchet and Returnal - when they go on sale for more than the 25% off in the current one I shall. I am excited to try MS Flight Simulator on XSX on Tuesday though.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
This year has brought a lot of games I've enjoyed, but nothing that obviously stands out as much as something like TLOU Pt. II or Hades did for me last year. Sort of reminds me of 2019, where we had a ton of great but not earth-shattering titles like DMC5, Kingdom Hearts III, Death Stranding, The Outer Worlds, Control, RE2, Jedi: Fallen Order and the like.

Out of the handful of stuff I've played in 2021, I quite enjoyed Disco Elysium. I can't think of many games that give you as much freedom as it did, though the novel's worth of reading did get a little slow at times.

I just finished Ratchet and that's probably my favorite game in the series. RE8 was a blast too, though not exactly on the same level as its predecessor for me. Everything else I've completed this year (Hollow Knight, Chrono Trigger, Ghostrunner, and Immortals: Fenyx Rising off the top of my head) was fantastic but ofc it didn't come out in 2021.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I guess Ratchet if we are talking about actual 2021 new games, but looking at my played lists, there's really nothing else that I bought that is a 2021 game. I'm not including ME Legendary because it's a remaster, but I couldn't be happier with how that turned out.