EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Too much going on in this trailer, but it looks intriguing.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Damn It would've been dope to not know that twist but I probably wouldn't want to go see it without knowing it so I understand

Argos7

Nov 20, 2020
I knew it was going to be prehistoric Earth by the title and the ship crashing on an unknown planet

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Damn It would've been dope to not know that twist but I probably wouldn't want to go see it without knowing it so I understand

I wish this movie was produced under the bad robot banner. a ARG/teaser like marketing campaign for this movie would have worked for sure (probably not financially).

Probably gonna catch shit for this lol.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I imagine the original plan was to keep the Dinosaur aspect secret.
Probably ended up being marketing/data that pushed it to being "Show that there's dinosaurs in the trailer".

Wouldn't surprise me if they had "Test Trailers" and found that more people were interested in seeing the film after finding out it had dinosaurs than those who saw the trailer that only "alluded" to them.

It actually has me expecting that the Dinosaurs are probably pretty heavily featured throughout it. Which is why it was hard to make a trailer without them that could still sell people on the general idea.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Is the implication they go back in time somehow or are they aliens that crash landed on Earth during the prehistoric times? Weird idea either way, but should be fun

Oct 28, 2017
statue-liberty-planet-apes-1968-apjac.jpg

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I get dumb movie writing and all but, wouldn't he not be able to breath the atmosphere that long ago?

I'm not going to get hung up on it or anything, this is totally my shit and I'll watch this shit day 1 on streaming.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Is the implication they go back in time somehow or are they aliens that crash landed on Earth during the prehistoric times? Weird idea either way, but should be fun

I imagine there's definitely going to be a twist of some kind.

The "We went back in time" is the obvious one. The "We're the aliens" is definitely the other.
Guess we'll see what happens.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I get dumb movie writing and all but, wouldn't he not be able to breath the atmosphere that long ago?

I'm not going to get hung up on it or anything, this is totally my shit and I'll watch this shit day 1 on streaming.

I was more hung up on the characters speaking perfect English 65 million years ago.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
This is goddamn brilliant.

Why did it take 30 years post Jurassic Park to do this?
You know when Colin Trevorrow etc made some comments about not seeing where they can go after 6 movies about parks?

THIS IS WHERE YOU GO.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Was feeling it pretty hard til the dinosaur reveal, would have been a decent if not tropey twist if they held that back but showing it that hard in the trailer kinda kills the mood it was setting at first.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
There was no chance marketing was going to get a hold of this movie and say "yeah you're right let's keep the dinos a secret" and honestly I doubt the production team is going to pretend it's a twist.

On the flip side imagine if they didn't show what it was and people show up to see it and are like "aww it's just dinos? Weak"

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
So the asteroid that hit him was the one that was supposed to hit the earth, or he boops it and it is the one that hits the earth. This looks rad as hell.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I imagine the original plan was to keep the Dinosaur aspect secret.
Probably ended up being marketing/data that pushed it to being "Show that there's dinosaurs in the trailer".

Wouldn't surprise me if they had "Test Trailers" and found that more people were interested in seeing the film after finding out it had dinosaurs than those who saw the trailer that only "alluded" to them.

It actually has me expecting that the Dinosaurs are probably pretty heavily featured throughout it. Which is why it was hard to make a trailer without them that could still sell people on the general idea.

Pretty much, this would have been hard to market without giving away much of the good stuff.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Is Adam drivers character still a opioid addict in this version or did they excise that part from the movie

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
they are fucking cowards for sticking with jurassic park style designs
where are the feathers

(this movie is gonna be real dumb fun)

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that it won't take like half the movie to reveal that he's on prehistoric earth while marketing decided they had to reveal it right away.

The idea if him using all kinds of high tech gadgets to survive should be pretty fun though

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
Probably just english for the sake of the audience. From the computer screens and readouts, it wasn't in english, so it's like Star Wars, where they are speaking "basic" language, but it's not really "english"

Wait did I misread the trailer completely? I thought they were from the future and traveled back in time to 65m years ago to prehistoric Earth.