• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

Halo Wars 2
Fable Anniversary
Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered
NBA 2K17
RiME
Riptide GP: Renegade
WWE 2K17
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Hello, fellow gamers! Welcome to your February Xbox Game Pass update.

February brings a mix of 8 new titles to Xbox Game Pass, with something for absolutely everyone to enjoy in addition to the over 100 great games already included in your Xbox Game Pass membership. You can look forward to playing NBA 2K17, WWE 2K17, Halo Wars 2, Darksiders II DE, Fable Anniversary, RIME, Riptide Renegade GP, and Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey all available February 1.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/17/xbox-game-pass-update-february-2018/#O98eLBOtKTofLKPv.99

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/17/xbox-game-pass-update-february-2018/

Might get a pass so I can play Fable 1 with all this news of a new Fable :)

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Xbox Game Pass is getting really good. Will get even better soon.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass also lets you play the Windows versions of the included games if they're Play Anywhere, right? If so, I may give Halo Wars 2 a shot.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Fable! *Please be enhanced in February, please be enhanced in February*

Hoping for 2 over Anniversary for an X update here. I enjoyed the first game on PC years ago but never went back to the series aside from a couple hours of that episodic repacking of Fable 2. Would like to give it another shot.

Game Pass also lets you play the Windows versions of the included games if they're Play Anywhere, right? If so, I may give Halo Wars 2 a shot.

Yes. I have Halo Wars: DE on my PC from Game Pass.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Holy shit at this month. And I almost bought Fable Anniversary yesterday, glad I didn't.

Gamepass continues delivering true awesomeness each month. Can't wait until they have games launching on it.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So the only game that gets delisted so far was NBA 2K16 last month. Only to get a newer version back a month later. Pretty good.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
RIME, fuck yes.
You know something? :)

It is indeed really good. I didn't have an XBO before the X this gen, so it was incredible to have such a huge amount of games to play on day one - not to mention all my old 360/XBLA games showing as 'ready to install' too! And EA Access. Such good value across the board, even if the X did cost me an arm and a leg.

I also love that 360/Xbox OG games are on Game Pass. Ninja Gaiden Black enhanced in 4K right there. And stuff like the Street of Rage collection, Bayonetta, etc. Just a real good mix of games for all tastes. Just a shame that Ubisoft, Activision and Bethesda aren't supporting the service yet.

Last edited:

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Flagship

Nov 6, 2017
RIME and Letter Quest are great games for this type of service, will definitely check them out!

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
No way it gets enhanced, probably, although I have to imagine it runs much better on XB1/XB1S/XB1X than it ever did on 360, where it tended to chug in the 20s framerate-wise.

Why "No way"? With enhanced I only mean 4K resolution, like the other 360 titles, they don't need to actually put effort in it with better textures or stuff, just native 4K is all I want.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Damn this is starting to build up a pretty decent catalogue. If they added Halo Master Chief Collection with its upcoming big update that'd be fantastic.
Only ways I see it getting better:
Exclusive games on it (new ip...which would be smart imo)
Forza Horizon 3 (just cuz)
360/OG PC BC
Gold becomes Game Pass (won't happen but one can dream)
I'm absolutely dreaming but I'm hoping Game Pass becomes popular enough they're able to drop paid online. Keep Gold but tie some additional benefits to it like 2 or 3 home consoles and "unlimited" Game DVR storage. After having recently hit 100% on Game DVR I am desperate for a way to increase the storage.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Whoa, RiME! First game added to Gamepass that I don't own and have an active interest in playing. I'm glad I still have two more months or so of free trial.

And I'll finally check out Fable Anniversary.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic month, definitely an ever improving deal for those (unlike me) without a crazy backlog already. Netflix of gaming indeed, you can buy a current-gen console for like 200$ (even less, sometimes), get this monthly subscription going and bam, tons of really good games already.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I literally just bought RiME in the indie sale. God dammit. And I bought Fable Anniversary because it was on sale for $10 and it's normally $30. I hate my life.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I held out on Fable, might have to resub once my $1 month expires. Game pass is so nice.

Guardians

Banned
Dec 23, 2017
I have 2 Codes to give away :) Each Code is for 1 Month, and it only works if you are new to Game Pass. I'm from Germany so I'm also not sure if these Codes work in other regions. If you would like a free Month then contact me over PM :)

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That's really good, makes me wants to subscribe for fable, darksiders, and rime but then I realize I have a huge back log and PUBG is eating all my time.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Rime and Fable!

Well, I'll definitely be subscribing for a least one month this year.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if both Nintendo and Sony aren't creating a similar service.

Nintendo even more so with their cache of classic titles. Could explain the delay to their online service.
PS4 already has PSNow, which is similar but streaming instead of download, I don't think they're gonna give up on that.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Best deal in gaming gets even better. Weird that hw2 is on it already while qb still isn't though

Damn this is starting to build up a pretty decent catalogue. If they added Halo Master Chief Collection with its upcoming big update that'd be fantastic.

I'm absolutely dreaming but I'm hoping Game Pass becomes popular enough they're able to drop paid online. Keep Gold but tie some additional benefits to it like 2 or 3 home consoles and "unlimited" Game DVR storage. After having recently hit 100% on Game DVR I am desperate for a way to increase the storage.
it's pretty much guaranteed to be added once they fix it up. I don't think they will do anything with it before then though.