Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

This is the dumbest shit ever but that graph is insane:
im-463995

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Is it weird that anyone I see with an Iphone I laugh at? It's the soccer mom phone and just can't help it.

Android user for life here. Take a long look at that teen chart for iPhones.
These teenagers aren't going to switch to Android in future. RIP Android in the US in the next 10 years.

Youwe're going to be the weird minority.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Is it weird that anyone I see with an Iphone I laugh at? It's the soccer mom phone and just can't help it.

I know, I just can't help it. In my mind it's the phone for people who don't know how to use smart phones/tech. I don't know why I think that but I do lol.
Yes, it's weird lol. It's a device designed for user-friendliness, app navigation, and app sharing. I'll use it today to do some DuoLingo, text my friends, web browsing, Instagram scrolling, and maybe check some NFL scores later? I'm not sure why I need a specific phone if I'm just using it for normal, everyday functions like that. It also doesn't mean I'm not tech savvy or that I'm a boomer. It's just a smartphone to me. I'm on iPhone and my SO is on Android and the only reason for each is that it's just the device family we got used to a while back. In fact of the two of us, I'm the troubleshooter in the house for all tech issues.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Lmao at this constant tying identity, personality traits and general success in life to a fucking phone.

Mathiassen

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I know, I just can't help it. In my mind it's the phone for people who don't know how to use smart phones/tech. I don't know why I think that but I do lol.
Ironic considering most technical people I know prefer iPhones because they know tech. When your day job is in tech the last thing you want to do is fight with your phone. Soccer moms got it right.

Namaste

Oct 25, 2017
This thread really highlights how out of touch Era is. Nothing suprised me othere than Adam Sandler haha.

Nov 27, 2017
California
Hidden gems memes are perfect for teens/zoomers tbh

that's why Adam Sandler is huge
Also hotel Transylvania and his back movie catalogue is always playing on tv

Adam Sandler is eternal

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
iPhone and Apple products in general are huge fashion and popularity statements, so I'm not surprised a lot of teens asked for iPhones, but it blows my mind that 91% out of this survey has them. Would have definitely thought it would be in the minority due to the cost and upkeep.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
iPhone and Apple products in general are huge fashion and popularity statements, so I'm not surprised a lot of teens asked for iPhones, but it blows my mind that 91% out of this survey has them. Would have definitely thought it would be in the minority due to the cost and upkeep.
Upkeep? An iPhone 6s (released in 2015) is still supported with current updates. iPhones are easy to pass on to a new user, so the amount of teens having them makes total sense.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Upkeep? An iPhone 6s (released in 2015) is still supported with current updates. iPhones are easy to pass on to a new user, so the amount of teens having them makes total sense.
Upkeep as in, isn't it a fucking pain in the ass if the screen cracks or battery shits itself and you have to go through an Apple dealer specifically? Or has that changed? The only Apple products I've used was iPads but I remember hearing about Apple products being notoriously difficult to repair through third parties.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Upkeep as in, isn't it a fucking pain in the ass if the screen cracks or battery shits itself and you have to go through an Apple dealer specifically? Or has that changed? The only Apple products I've used was iPads but I remember hearing about Apple products being notoriously difficult to repair through third parties.
Have never had any of that happen, so not sure.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ

Most phones these days are hard to repair, though you can usually find parts for them fairly easily.

I mean you can pass an old android phone on to someone else. They still work without updates.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
People can point to iMessage and all that jazz but it's more wholistic than that. The integration AND the products are great. People like AirPods, they like MacBooks, they like iPhones, they like iPads, the way they work together is legit amazing. The fashion/aesthetic/trendy/etc. aspect of it is the cherry that puts it over the top for the younger crowd. Kids growing up into them too because how many kids be fucking around on iPads now. Owning the tablet market had an underrated halo effect imo.

The game changed when they started keeping em around and now have em at every single price point so now the barrier to entry is pretty low.