• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
Announcement trailer
Amazon US link
01-xl.jpg

rWQw6bl.png

27WhVkp.png

03-xl.jpg

vkQiJPx.png

Compatibility

• Windows 10(1903) and above
  • Android 9.0 and above

Dimension / Weight

• Keyboard: 376.6*169.6*46.8mm / 1050g
  • Dual Super Buttons: 160.2*74.6*32.3mm / 270g
  • Super Stick: 75*75*80mm / 150g

Connectivity

• Bluetooth® 5.0
  • Wireless 2.4G
  • Wired USB

Battery Type / Battery Life

• 2000mAh Li-on battery, rechargeable
  • 200 use hours with 4 hours charging time

Special Features

• 87 keys
  • Kailh Box White switches V2
  • Hot-swappable PCB
  • Support n-key rollover
  • Double-shot ABS keycaps with SA profile
  • Programmable buttons
  • Top mount style
  • Fast-mapping on Super Buttons (no software needed)
  • Support 8BitDo Ultimate Software V2

Includes

• 8BitDo Retro Mechanical Keyboard x 1
  • 8BitDo Dual Super Buttons x 1
  • 8BitDo Super Stick x1
  • 2.4G adapter x 1
  • USB cable x 1
  • Instruction manual x 1
  • 8BitDo Fun Stickers x 2

Love the look of it, and the inclusion of the microswitch joystick to finally make their gigantic macro button gimmick do something fun is cool. Love that it's magnetic, too.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I got the Famicom one last year, absolutely love it.

The joystick on the giant buttons is cool. I wonder if that's going to be sold separately.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If that keyboard was 100%, or at least had a matching numpad, I'd be all over it

Apr 19, 2018
What little I could remember of the Commodore 64 keyboard as a child was how satisfying and clacky the keys were. Was the original actually mechanical based?

OP
OP
stopmrdomino

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
What little I could remember of the Commodore 64 keyboard as a child was how satisfying and clacky the keys were. Was the original actually mechanical based?
Kind of. Conductive plunger hits the PCB. Kind of a halfway between mechanical switches and rubberdomes

If that keyboard was 100%, or at least had a matching numpad, I'd be all over it
Cute keyboard, but absolutely useless without a numpad.
origin.jpg

To be fair...

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
I love the NES one. I do lament the missing numpad, but I bought a USB numpad for pretty cheap that solves that problem.
I do love the C64, but i'd be scared of breaking the buttons/joystick playing some Summer Games on it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I was gonna ask how the keyboard was, but I'm not sure if I should wait until May since I'm gonna get my PC parts soon.
It feels great. Very sturdy with switches that are satisfying to me. They are clickier, but I like that and it's not quite the same as Cherry MX Blues if that makes sense.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Ok I have the Famicom one and it's incredibly unfair that we don't get the joystick.

Help us give you money

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I want a new keyboard for Final Fantasy XIV on my PS5 and would love to buy this for that purpose, but Sony is so damn restrictive of even keyboards in the general anti-third-party-accessories attitude this generation.

This is a gorgeous keyboard, the reviews from the NES version were really good and I have zero experience with an actual Commodore 64... would buy this for that very specific purpose but no PS5 compatibility (which isn't their fault) is a no go. :/

gyrspike

Jan 18, 2018
Actually it's not really mechanical, at best you could call it a hybrid. It uses some sort of plunger and spring setup.

Hope that's a microswitched joystick

Been thinking about getting the NES style one for a while, but this would be better. Though you can get the NES/Famicom style one for about 20 cheaper than this on Amazon.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2018
OP
OP
stopmrdomino

stopmrdomino

Jun 25, 2023
I want a new keyboard for Final Fantasy XIV on my PS5 and would love to buy this for that purpose, but Sony is so damn restrictive of even keyboards in the general anti-third-party-accessories attitude this generation.

This is a gorgeous keyboard, the reviews from the NES version were really good and I have zero experience with an actual Commodore 64... would buy this for that very specific purpose but no PS5 compatibility (which isn't their fault) is a no go. :/
I don't see why it wouldn't work? The 2.4GHz dongle is questionable, but it's just a regular USB and Bluetooth keyboard, which PS5 supports

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I don't see why it wouldn't work? The 2.4GHz dongle is questionable, but it's just a regular USB and Bluetooth keyboard, which PS5 supports

Ask Sony -- in my experience last time I shopped a wireless keyboard to play FFXIV with, there were only so many bluetooth ones that would actually work. I ended up settling on the Apple wireless keyboard at the time but I feel like it's actually a bit TOO light for couch use...

I have no idea why Sony is so restrictive, but the PS5 straight up rejects many Bluetooth keyboards despite being kind of an open format.

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
Do people really need numpads so often? The days of having to fill in whole tables of numbers should be as good as over.

Sep 29, 2020
I'm guessing hot swappable PCB means hot swappable switches? Beacuse this looks nice but I can't stand clicky or linear switches. Did the NES one have hot swappable switches?

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
I really want one of these for my work computer but I desperately need that 10-key. Come on man!!

DavidBoring

Oct 27, 2017
This looks great, i was just looking for C64-like keycaps recently - i hope they sell this in europe soon

my only complaint is that i wish they used something else as "win" for the "meta"-key