• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
What a vile disgusting piece of shit this guy is , no wander 8chan fosters terrorist with this guy in charge.

Basically as a request from New Zealand police regarding the shooters details this was 8chans response

"You're a small irrelevant island nation barely more recognizable than any other nameless pacific sovereignty. You do not have the clout to eradicate a video from the internet and you do not have the legal reach to imprison everyone who posted it.

"If anyone turns over to you the information they're asking for they're not only cowards but they're f***ing idiots."

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...t/news-story/46d3c925ef84b24dde6194c42b3c2241

This tells you everything you need to know about 8chan admins

Moon — an alt-right, anti-feminist, pro-white Trump supporter who claims he set up Kiwi Farms for the "gossip and exploitation of the mentally handicapped for amusement purposes" — published the exchange with Detective Michael without bothering to hide the officer's email address.

Personally I would love to see anyone who knew about this attack hours before it happened should be charged .

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Proponents of "the west" as a symbol of racial identity better realise that, once all "non-white" nations are eradicated in a hypothetical future, definitions of being "white" will become narrower and more exclusive.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Quoting 8chan admins or users is like quoting nazis... Wait.

You know what I mean :P Something like this from such people? Doesn't shock me.

Awesome Kev

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
seriously stop giving these assholes anymore attention than they are already getting, that's literally the only thing they want

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
This isn't 8chan's response, this is Kiwi Farm's response.

Another choice shithole on the internet, but an important distinction since the guy who made this response is a former 8chan admin rather than anyone with current affiliation.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Proponents of "the west" as a symbol of racial identity better realise that, once all "non-white" nations are eradicated in a hypothetical future, definitions of being "white" will become narrower and more exclusive.
Facism is nothing more than a snake eating its own tail.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
OP is misleading. This guy is a former admin at 8chan (removed), currently runs Kiwi farms.

The authorities are looking for info/post histories from 8chan, Kiwi, and Voat, which the killer was known to frequent.

At around the time of the shooting there were a number of posts and links posted on relating to the shooting and TARRANT.

"We would like to preserve any posts and technical data including IP addresses, email addresses etc linked to these posts pending a formal legal request."

OP
OP
Ausroachman

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Don't post updates from 8chan?

Not posting updates from 8chan , moreso an article about the pathetic response to police . Never visited that shit site and never will, most ppl here already know they are a nazi channel but the more we shed light on these scum hopefully the quicker they are killed.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
He's bitching about the Sergeant trying to censor his users but if he were to actually read the email he'd see that the NZ Police are interested in preserving evidence of a crime not censoring it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not posting updates from 8chan , moreso an article about the pathetic response to police . Never visited that shit site and never will, most ppl here already know they are a nazi channel but the more we shed light on these scum hopefully the quicker they are killed.
Be careful with what you post, you don't know who could be watching/monitoring.

OP
OP
Ausroachman

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
OP is misleading. This guy is a former admin at 8chan (removed), currently runs Kiwi farms.

The authorities are looking for info/post histories from 8chan, Kiwi, and Voat, which the killer was known to frequent.

Good point . Did not fully read he was an ex admin, at least I learnt that kiwifarm which I had never heard of is also a nazi led site

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
If NZ is trying to fully remove something from the internet they are fighting a tough battle.

I am not sure why the OP thought that was an 8chan response. The title of the article says it is a different site that also posted the video.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This is good right?

All those need to be taking down.

It's more a question of, will the state department or DoJ force American companies/private users to comply with a foreign subpoena, when the current executive branch is not only ignoring but actively fostering white nationalism?

The optics of the situation are terrible, but I can't see the Trump admin willing to start shining lights on his online support groups.

Zoc

Oct 27, 2017
What? Don't ignore these shits, investigate them and throw them in jail (after burning their servers) if they knew anything about the attack and kept it secret.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
It's more a question of, will the state department or DoJ force American companies/private users to comply with a foreign subpoena, when the current executive branch is not only ignoring but actively fostering white nationalism?

The optics of the situation are terrible, but I can't see the Trump admin willing to start shining lights on his online support groups.
Sigh this is very true.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019

The endpoint of their logic is essentially everyone being dead. But hey, idiots gonna be fucking moronic fuckwit edgelords, hey.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
If NZ is trying to fully remove something from the internet they are fighting a tough battle.

I am not sure why the OP thought that was an 8chan response. The title of the article says it is a different site that also posted the video.

NZ threatened prosecution for anyone who shared the video domestically. Rules would be impossible to enforce across the internet. FB and Youtube only do so because of their ToS and public outcry.

The bigger issue is that the authorities presumably want his full posting and DM history so they can complete the investigation into his motives and potential allies. And Kiwi is urging these online spaces not to comply because literally "fuck New Zealand". They don't care about the victims or preventing future attacks because they are the actual white nationalist/incel/red pill support and radicalization groups.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Yeah, you're right.. if they comment at all they will label it a question of free speech and it's done. :///

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017
After watching a couple of her videos, I hit up Google a while back to see what else Heather Alexandra had done before she'd arrived at Kotaku. One of the top entries on the first page was for the KiwiFarms "LolCows" profile of her. Tragic, hateful shit, so this response from KF really doesn't surprise me at all.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Just reminds you why THQ Nordic shouldn't be let off for giving these worthless scumbags an AMA. And I don't believe for a second that they didn't know the kind of people they were enabling, just for a some PR controversy.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
what the fuck is a 8chan. I knew about 4chan, had no idea there was a site call 8chan. Stop promoting them.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Given the nature of this website, we feel it is best to not signal boost them. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.