CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Automation is what does it for me, rather than the whole "making pretty things with blocks".
I never really cared for LEGO even when I was a child. I initially started playing Minecraft with my kids, but ended up sinking hours upon hours by myself once I discovered redstone.
Still play regularly.
That stuff is awesome but I am completely clueless about it. My nephew makes all that fancy stuff and it's just cool to watch.

Deleted member 24097

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That stuff is awesome but I am completely clueless about it. My nephew makes all that fancy stuff and it's just cool to watch.
That's the beauty of it: Minecraft offers plenty of different ways to play, and whatever your main approach is, you can have a lot of fun - be it exploring your world through and through, or staying within a 1000 block radius of your spawning point because you're building a huge base.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
I still feel like Minecraft shouldn't be under MS, they did not earn this beautiful thing that was created. But they've done right by it so, meh...if they are truly just trying to leverage the brand and don't care how you jump into the their gaming systems (through Xbox, PC, IOS whatever you can experience this game anywhere) then maybe they were the correct company to buy it.

If it was under Sony maybe it wouldn't be as open?? Definitely not Nintendo.

It fits Microsoft's current strategy. Microsoft isn't anymore about exclusivity. It is all about attracting customers to their services. Office, Game Pass, their cloud services, Visual Studio, they are all subscription based. Businesses like Netflix and Adobe have proven that subscription models work better and actually earn more money than one-time purchases. Microsoft is a software based company and that model fits them perfectly. It is also psychology. Money has become more valuable than ever and you are more likely to decide to spend 10 bucks a month on something than buy it instantly for $120.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
This is an astounding statistic.

I downloaded the PS4 version and the UI was so bad, SOOOO BAD, that I couldn't get into it.

Maybe the PC or mobile one is better.