Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Sad state of America we can't live without people looking at us under a gaze of suspicion. America, blood soaked flag of our black blood. How depressing. I look back on how black people are viewed in other countries. James Baldwin who moved to Paris gave a great understanding of that what it means to be black in America and I see how it still rings true.

shadow_shogun

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Chester Township Family Says They Were Arrested For Loitering While Standing Outside Of Their Home
CHESTER TOWNSHIP, Pa. (CBS) — A family in Delaware County says they were targeted and unjustly arrested earlier this month for loitering while standing outside of their own Chester Township home. The family says they are now suing.

Some family members were arrested twice in two days. They say they were doing nothing wrong and were just standing outside of their house.

But police accused them of loitering. The arrests were caught on camera, and now the family is suing.

Link

Nov 1, 2017
Last edited:

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I hate seeing this thread bumped :( Reminds me to share other bad events that I'm following

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019...worth-police-shooting-texas-aaron-dean-murder

Local authorities have moved quickly in their response, saying that they have every intention of taking action against the officer who fired through a home window, killing 28-year-old Atatiana Koquice Jefferson on October 12 as she stood in her bedroom with her 8-year-old nephew, who she had been playing video games with.

A neighbor had called a non-emergency police line minutes before saying that he wanted someone to make sure that Jefferson and her nephew were okay after seeing their open door so late in the evening. When police arrived, they walked around the outside of the home instead of announcing themselves at the front door, and one officer fired his weapon at a window shortly after entering the home's backyard, striking and killing Jefferson in the process.

On Monday, the Fort Worth Police Department announced that Aaron Dean, the officer who shot Jefferson, had resigned from the department hours before he would have been terminated. That same evening, Dean was booked into the Tarrant County Correction Center on murder charges. He was later released on a $200,000 bond.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
I hate seeing this thread bumped :( Reminds me to share other bad events that I'm following

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019...worth-police-shooting-texas-aaron-dean-murder

Local authorities have moved quickly in their response, saying that they have every intention of taking action against the officer who fired through a home window, killing 28-year-old Atatiana Koquice Jefferson on October 12 as she stood in her bedroom with her 8-year-old nephew, who she had been playing video games with.

A neighbor had called a non-emergency police line minutes before saying that he wanted someone to make sure that Jefferson and her nephew were okay after seeing their open door so late in the evening. When police arrived, they walked around the outside of the home instead of announcing themselves at the front door, and one officer fired his weapon at a window shortly after entering the home's backyard, striking and killing Jefferson in the process.

On Monday, the Fort Worth Police Department announced that Aaron Dean, the officer who shot Jefferson, had resigned from the department hours before he would have been terminated. That same evening, Dean was booked into the Tarrant County Correction Center on murder charges. He was later released on a $200,000 bond.

Imagine calling the cops to check on your neighbor only to have them kill your neighbor...

Dude gotta be feeling guilty as fuck. I know I would. Cops are fucked up.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Man speaks to ABC15 after being pulled over for air freshener on his rear view mirror

ad93eEy.png

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Wow, the title of that video really buries the lede. I wish him luck with his lawsuit, and I think it was really smart he refused to let the cop search his car. I feel like the cop was going to plant something with his unrelenting questions about marijuana.

"We're not looking for a joint." Uh huh, that's why you asked about it a dozen times.

Also, I just did some googling and the cop was placed on paid vacation, sorry, "administrative leave." They said they are investigating it internally - always a good sign for justice.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
So what's the logic here, that he was having an air freshener to hide the smell of marijuana? lmao

"i'm gonna give you a warning"

For fucking what you fuck?

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
So what's the logic here, that he was having an air freshener to hide the smell of marijuana? lmao

"i'm gonna give you a warning"

For fucking what you fuck?
It's probably illegal to hang things from the rearview mirror where they live, and the cop used that as an excuse. However, it's also most likely illegal to make the basis of a traffic stop, especially given the marijuana thing.
Often times, the simple fact that there is an item in the area of the windshield, gives police the idea to pull someone over to investigate if another type of offense is ongoing- usually drug-related. This is known as a pre-textual stop in the legal community and it's illegal.
The upshot is that this may work in favor of Colbert in the lawsuit.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Sad state of America we can't live without people looking at us under a gaze of suspicion. America, blood soaked flag of our black blood. How depressing. I look back on how black people are viewed in other countries. James Baldwin who moved to Paris gave a great understanding of that what it means to be black in America and I see how it still rings true.

What did he say?

grang

Nov 13, 2017
What even is the law he is allegedly violating? Is there really a law that you can't eat in public? Or on public transportation? I don't understand. Shit is absurd.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
What even is the law he is allegedly violating? Is there really a law that you can't eat in public? Or on public transportation? I don't understand. Shit is absurd.
He's probably breaking an infraction if there is an actual law on the books. No greater penalty that some small fine, what's happening is there is that cops like to use that as leverage to run his info and hopefully find some charge or warrant. This is what they always do, you can tell because they usually threaten to arrest offer to give a break if they just comply.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
He's probably breaking an infraction if there is an actual law on the books. No greater penalty that some small fine, what's happening is there is that cops like to use that as leverage to run his info and hopefully find some charge or warrant. This is what they always do, you can tell because they usually threaten to arrest offer to give a break if they just comply.
That probably explains why he was asking for his ID

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
In a world where police should be building trust in a community. a police officer wants to ruin efforts by enforcing a probably dumb and unfair law that he wouldnt do to others. Spend time going after actually serious offenders.

Here's an article from the tweet:

You would have thought these BART pigs would learn their lession after Fruitvale Station.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
From that link:

mmhmm. I'm sure.
If that was really the case then why don't the officers ever say that. I mean if that's true then they have probable cause to ask for ID legitimately. So, the rationale is that they would like to trick your information out of you so they can investigate a crime.

Last edited:

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Full video here (and a second video with the responding officer) https://www.facebook.com/7husal0t7/videos/pcb.2520780144653829/2520765981321912/?type=3&theater

It's funny because the cop admits he came there because of a report of a drunk woman. The way cops set up scenarios and storylines is always amazing.
Yep. They flat out admit it is bullshit.
If that was really the case then why don't the officers ever say that. I mean if that's true then they have probable cause to ask for ID legitimately. So, the rationale is that they would like to trick your information out of you so they can investigate a crime?
Yeah, no, they would have talked to him up front and asked for his ID. That actually happened to me once, incidentally.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Happened to me once too. The officers were cool and apologetic and polite and we were done in a few moments
Yep. That's one reason we know this is a lie. The cop wasn't talking to a potentially innocent bystander. He was using the bullshit eating law to try to clock him on something else as you initially suggested.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
My heart sinks every time I see this thread pop up. It's like, what now?

I'm going to be real pissed if UPS fires that dude for saying "I'm not giving you shit." because he was right and shouldn't.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, everyone knows those people who break into cars with dollies carrying a bunch of packages and leaving them at doorsteps...

I'm going to be real pissed if UPS fires that dude for saying "I'm not giving you shit." because he was right and shouldn't.
I'd be worried too but UPS rarely gives a shit so they might just tell her to mind her own business this time around.

Last edited:

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Wearing UPS uniform. Got a cart with ups packages. Still suspicious. Gtfo of here with that mess.

Dec 12, 2017
Gotta love how she immediately addresses the White man as though he has power over the Black guy and miraculously doesn't find the White guy in the same uniform suspicious.

Oct 27, 2017
I wish he didn't stop recording was his supervisor showed up. Would have loved to see her energy switch up now that she's talkin to a white guy

Man, it would have been so easy to have her shit herself by allowing her to get trapped in her own logic. Instead of asking how/why he looked suspicious which alllows her to easily disengage by essentially saying 'pfft, isn't it obvious?!' he should have asked her what he would have to do/wear so that he wouldn't be suspicious; play dumb and engage with her argument as if its given in good faith and she would have immediately crumbled.

She'd either have to set the bar so low just to try to make it seem like she has a legimate point that it makes the whole confrontation look insanely dumb (i.e. Don't walk so close to the cars with the dolly next time!) or she'd have to set the bar so high that it'd clearly outs her as a racist. There's really no middle ground and neither option works to her benefit. If she then tries to disengage which is still the likely outcome, it makes her look stupid because you came out here to confront me about the problem but then can't genuinely offer any answers when i ask for them so then the whole confrontation looks exactly like what it is; a racist being racist

Win-Win-Win