• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
www.cnet.com

A bright fireball over Tokyo explodes with force of 165 tons of TNT, and a soundtrack

A space rock reportedly causes a sonic boom as it crashes into our atmosphere over Japan.

The skies over Tokyo were lit up by an explosive extraterrestrial object early Thursday morning that also came with a sonic boom, according to some reports.

Videos of the event show a spectacular light with green and purplish hues flying across the sky for just a few seconds at around 2:30 a.m. local time, before the light fizzles out.

"We were able to calculate a source energy of the entering asteroid of about (165 tons or 150 metric tonnes) of TNT," reads an IMO blog post.

Space is scary.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
NextDefensiveFerret-size_restricted.gif

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
I now want an Isekai where the main character goes to another world after getting smashed in the face by a fucking space bomb.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
You'll have to do better than that in 2020 to make me react more than a slight eyebrow raise

Gareth

Oct 25, 2017
Norn Iron
Are we due an impact, statistically? I remember people used to say we were due a pandemic and then Covid-19 appeared...

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now we wait for a group of pretty 20 somethings to have a party and shits goes down outside.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one who thought of this scene from The Return of Godzilla? The soviet nuke that detonated in the atmosphere, and the radiation storm revived Godzilla?

RoG5.png

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
A green and purple meteor? I certainly hope it's the kind of meteor that brings superpowers, aliens, or superpowers and aliens or else that's just sad by 2020 standards. Imagine being an asteroid and thinking, "Oooh, I'm so gonna wow these meatbags with my pretty colors!" and you end up arriving in 2020 and everyone is all, "Meh."

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh can't we have an OT for all these bloody anime threads.

Oh it's real, nevermind, carry on.