Do you still believe in a Switch Successor releasing in 2024?

• Yes, I still believe that it's releasing in 2024

Votes: 118 69.4%
  • No, I'm starting to think it'll release in early 2025 now

Votes: 28 16.5%
  • I'm truly 50-50 right now because it's starting to seem like Nintendo can easily go either way

Votes: 24 14.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
snap.gif

After everybody questioning what Nintendo's lineup would look like post-TOTK, Nintendo has finally answered that ever-growing question.

- Pikmin 1&2 (out yesterday on the eShop, Sept physically)
- Master Detective Archives: Rain Code (June 30)
- Pikmin 4 (July 21)
- Fall: Part 1 of Pokemon Scarlet/Violet DLC
- Detective Pikachu Returns (Oct 6)
- Super Mario Bros Wonder (Oct 20)
- Super Mario Bros RPG Remake (Nov 17)
- Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince (Dec 2023)

Entering into 2024, we currently only know two titles: the new Princess Peach RPG and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Remastered. The hopeful side of me is thinking that Nintendo will pull off yet another Gamecube shadow drop in 2024, which seems to potentially be a growing tradition after Metroid Prime & Pikmin 1+2 HD, with Luigi's Mansion HD getting shadow dropped whenever Nintendo gives us the release date for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon Remastered (you know, to get us hype and everything). Of course, like most people here, I'd also love to see the long awaited and heavily rumored Twilight Princess/Wind Waker HD ports as well in 2024. Since, you know, we've been waiting on those for what feels like forever now.

More importantly, though, the other thing that we do know on top of Nintendo announcing 2 2024 titles in this past Direct already is that Nintendo won't be releasing any new hardware this fiscal year, which doesn't end until March 31, 2014. So this leads me to the question at hand, which I feel like is great time to ask now that we're starting to get a better idea regarding Nintendo's direction going forward the next couple of months: With the combination of Nintendo already beginning to announce 2024 titles in this past Direct, albeit in a very brief way, and Nintendo telling us earlier this year that they won't be releasing any hardware until at least April 2024, do you guys still believe in a Switch Successor releasing in 2024?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Yes 2024 is happening. Nintendo just might finally avoid the patented "final year void" that has plagued every Nintendo console during the lead up to a new console launch.

Jan 15, 2019
Reposting from the general nintendo thread:

My guess is Switch 2 launches in April/May 2024 after a Jan/February 2024 reveal with MP4 and a new Mario Kart (since the DLC ends later this year) as the main 1st party launch titles. The couple 2024 game reveals we got in the direct seemed like some mid-budget casual offerings for younger kids who might still be getting a Switch 1 for Christmas this year/birthdays next year, while any and all heavy hitters have already been moved to Switch 2. Nintendo knows the Switch has peaked and is trending downward, their sales forecasts reflect this. There is 0% chance in my mind that they ride the Switch 1 into 2025, and the optimist in me thinks they'll want to replicate the Spring launch timing since it, ya know, seemed to work out last time.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see anything that would rule out late 2024. Early/mid 2024 makes less sense I guess. Edit: well nothing rules that out either. It could have some cross gen launch titles, but idk if Nintendo wants that.

Next March marks seven years with the Switch. I don't see them making it to eight without a successor.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Surprisingly, a similar thread with a poll was posted earlier this morning

www.resetera.com

With the latest Direct, how are we feeling about a new Nintendo system/Switch 2 next year?

We not only saw the rest of Nintendo´s 2023 Switch line-up but a glimpse into what feels like is leftover for the Switch in 2024. One being a Princess Peach game that was awkwardly announced with WIP footage and a Luigi´s Mansion Dark Moon remaster. It felt like it was a big indicator that major...

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think 2H 2024 is still the most probable. Holiday launch, or worst case a Spring launch in Q1 2025.

OP
OP
IDontBeatGames

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Surprisingly, a similar thread with a poll was posted earlier this morning

www.resetera.com

With the latest Direct, how are we feeling about a new Nintendo system/Switch 2 next year?

We not only saw the rest of Nintendo´s 2023 Switch line-up but a glimpse into what feels like is leftover for the Switch in 2024. One being a Princess Peach game that was awkwardly announced with WIP footage and a Luigi´s Mansion Dark Moon remaster. It felt like it was a big indicator that major...
Oh shit I didn't even see this, I guess I'll request the thread to be closed

Simba

Nov 25, 2017
apparently no more huge releases for the switch i'm guessing a mid to late 2024 switch 2 launch with some big releases.

Oct 27, 2017
Even moreso than before. this was not the Direct of a system sticking around for years, even though it had a lot of good reveals that i'm looking forward to
It also further strengthens the argument that Switch 2 will have BC in case people were still doubting

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
I'm right down the middle; I'd be happy with the Switch having a Gameboy length lifespan (11+ years??) at this point haha, I've already bought 2 of them and have tons of games that I still need to play through

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they arent going to just stop making switch games for their 100 million + userbase anytime soon. Not sure if the direct showing means much of anything regarding the next system.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
of course

i was balking at the folks thinking it was this year

Jan 15, 2019
I'll also add that I do think something else gets shadow dropped in the September direct since their schedule is suspiciously light from Pikmin on July 21st to Wonder on October 20th, which will further eliminate easy guesses as to how they could pad a full year of Switch 1 throughout 2024.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon Remastered closes out the Switch chapter; Peach's Fantastical Adventure begins the Switch 2 chapter.

They basically spelt it out in the Direct. 2024. Believe!

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Probably looking at at least early 2025 at this point

There's no way they release a huge new 2D Mario and then instantly cap off its sales with a new console a few months later. There'd be almost no point in not just holding it back a few months to be a big launch title

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
January 2025 launch would be a bad move, it's right after the holidays. if they're launching early 2025 I could see them mimicking the Switch launch and release the console in March 2025

Yeah I'm aware but they've done releases in February before. So anything around there I feel like is possible. Plus I don't think it matters when they release it. It's going to sell out anyway lol. I think what's most important is that they have enough to sell and games to go with it.

Jan 15, 2019
I mean they arent going to just stop making switch games for their 100 million + userbase anytime soon. Not sure if the direct showing means much of anything regarding the next system.

I would agree. Something like the game starring Princess Peach has strong "this is the kind of stuff we'll keep making for Switch 1 now that everything else has been moved to Switch 2" energy to me.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Probably looking at at least early 2025 at this point

There's no way they release a huge new 2D Mario and then instantly cap off its sales with a new console a few months later. There'd be almost no point in not just holding it back a few months to be a big launch title
The Switch install base is enormous. They'd be foolish to launch a new console with a 2D Mario vs. selling it to the millions of Switch owners.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
if it actually is happening in 2024 it definitely feels like it'll be holiday now. new 2D mario releasing on the eve of new hardware would be wild.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
This is actually the second thread of the same premise today!

www.resetera.com

Status
Not open for further replies.