Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
if i can't get my fifth turkey leg served to me by someone with natural colored hair then why even go to disney world

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I love how he's all like "next time I'm there"

so it can't be that bad. It's not a place you have to go.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Oh, a man child who can't handle when things aren't all about him and what he wants. What a refreshing perspective.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Some of these idiots don't seem to realize that Disneyland is literally almost sixty years old and some of the oldest attractions, like The Jungle Cruise, have not aged particularly well culturally. It's frankly way overdue that some of these attractions get a facelift.

Adult Disney fans are creepy.

Nah, fuck off with this shit. Let people like what they like.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely despite when people equate making changes to be inclusive as some kind of political agenda. The only politics involved is people who get mad about it argue it's their right to indulge in racial caricatures.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
dont think you could pick a more unappealing thumbnail for your op-ed. this isnt a comment on the op-ed's contents which ill get to in a second but like, dead eyed, sweaty adult off-center to like a rack of disney statues which aren't even framed in a way thats remotely appealing, like jesus christ, the photographer did this dude more dirty than anything he wrote down in crayon here.

of course, i think the editor here did fucking bare minimum here, the writing feels so stilted and so clearly political that the irony barely registers. it's this belief that the disney company used to be republican and now its not and he wants a return to that. there's zero nuance to it, and it's poorly written and edited as well.

Reym

Jul 15, 2019
Garbage. If you're a Disney fan, maybe you should go take a listen again to "Eye to Eye", I think you missed some stuff.

Also, lol at thinking that Disney isn't hyper conservative and republican. This is a business decision, not a political one.

Also, also, I will freely admit to LOVING Splash Mountain, but I am nothing but excited for the upgrade to that ride. Can you imagine how awesome the underground section will look with stylish voodoo magics swirling around in updated effects?! I cannot wait to see it!

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Disney proclaims that Splash Mountain must change because of its association with "Song of the South." Disney owns Splash Mountain so it can do what it wants.

This self-own got me.

"Disney can do what it wants."
"Ok, we're changing Splash Mountain because it's racist."
"No, you can't do that."

OP
OP
vixolus

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Garbage. If you're a Disney fan, maybe you should go take a listen again to "Eye to Eye", I think you missed some stuff.

Also, lol at thinking that Disney isn't hyper conservative and republican. This is a business decision, not a political one.

Also, also, I will freely admit to LOVING Splash Mountain, but I am nothing but excited for the upgrade to that ride. Can you imagine how awesome the underground section will look with stylish voodoo magics swirling around in updated effects?! I cannot wait to see it!
True Goofy Movie / Disney fans know it's spelled "I2I" ;)

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Pathetic.

There's select "elitist" Disney fans that stick their noses up and really hate if there's even a slight change to something. New paint on a castle.

I think we can all agree that the birthday cake version of Cinderella's Castle was a misstep and should never be repeated.

Anyway, now I want to see tatted and pierced versions of the Disney Princesses.

On a more serious note my wife has some tattoos that are not covered by clothes unless he is wearing pants and long-sleeved shirts and the people who always compliment her on them are Cast Members. We even have had a few female CMs say they wish they could have tattoos on their lower arms like she does. I hope they get the tattoos they have wanted now that they are allowed to.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
THE IMMERSION. THE FANTASY.

Jesus Christ. I know adults can enjoy this stuff but this level of apparent obsession is just weird.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Lmao. The thought of this loser having a barney at the park because he saw dyed hair or a tattoo 😂

I get what inclusive haircuts are but what are inclusive uniforms? I mean, while hair is a personal thing people set at home, how does the uniform provided at work become inclusive?

Or are there cast members who bring their own homemade uniforms?

I know during the fall/winter months at Disneyland, the wool coats that cast members wear in Fantasyland are different colors for men and women. It's subtle but it definitely differentiates then.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've had multiple friends working at Disney parks. They ALL had tattoos that were covered. Get out your own ass, man. It's not gonna ruin your magic to see them

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
This guy probably had an aneurysm back when they changed the auction scene in Pirates of the Caribbean.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
A myopic prick desperately hooked on consumption and escapism without an iota of creative energy and diverging thinking skills of his own has opinions about experience. News at 11.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Lol Christian.

Clearly Jesus didn't approve of self expression and tattoos.

Must be supply side Jesus.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Interesting how he doesn't really elaborate why it upsets him that Song of the South characters are being removed from Splash Mountain. What fantasy were they integral to preserving, exactly?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Imagined being that pressed and have nothing better else to do

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The fact that Disney is no longer a Republican-friendly company says more about the descent into madness of the Republican Party than about Disney tbh.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe other Disney fans and employees are having their experience ruined when the walking incarnation of plain toast gets huffy because suddenly there's a little color in his life.

I'm sure there are a few town fairs where you can still experience white Christian zombie realness.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am there for the immersion and the fantasy, not the reality of a stranger's self-expression.

What kind of adult actually buys into the "fantasy" while at Disneyland? Seriously, wtf?

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I am there for the immersion and the fantasy, not the reality of a stranger's self-expression.

What kind of adult actually buys into the "fantasy" while at Disneyland? Seriously, wtf?
Probably the kind of adult who writes a tone-deaf op-ed that chastises Disney for showing the bare minimum of consideration to people who don't fit the WASP mold.