jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine that you have a Dualshock? If so, you need to use DS4Windows. Start the program and plug in your controller BEFORE launching 7th Heaven. 7th Heaven only supports Xinput controllers, hence the need for DS4Windows.

A Dualsense. It's weird because the controller works perfectly when just the Satsuki mod is installed. In fact, it's the *only* time the controller works. The base game can't handle it, even when loading via Steam.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I just recently finished a playthrough of FF7 New Threat 2.0 using Satsuki v4. It looked really good. Version 5 seems to look even better.

I'll wait for 7th Heaven to be updated with native support of the required FFNx release necessary for Satsuku v5 before playing again. Hopefully that happens sooner rather than later.

Can you let us know when this happens? I'll try again then. v4 has been completely taken down, looks like.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone else had a problem with the mouth removal mod installer saying there is not enough free disk space when there is actually tons available? How do you get around that?

Also, why are the default controls for a Xbox controller all messed up, and how do you get around the completely broken and unusable controller congifuration menu to fix it?

Last edited:

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Here's a comparison between the vanilla game and what it looks like when you install satsuki and some other mods, such as Ninostyle's chibi models:

IwsrxRc.jpg

GZYzlyF.jpg
What the.......

I need this.

OP
OP
CHC

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Satsuki said:
5.24 update on first page:
  • Updated FFNx for some minor ingame optimisations.
  • Added help for special shortcut (speedhack, random battle...).
  • Added an option to get better shadows under models in battle.
  • Added an option to hide mouth from 3d model to get them like in psx version.
  • Corrected a bug if the steam's ff7 account is not created properly by steam..
New update has built in options for shadows, mouth removal, and other fixes!

In the qhimm OP here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CHC

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone gotten this to work with New Threat? Not sure on compatibility between the two without a mod manager

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone gotten this to work with New Threat? Not sure on compatibility between the two without a mod manager

I wouldn't mix and match. Stick with Seventh Heaven mod manager if you are going to be using New Threat. For now you will just have to use the prior version of Sasuki until the latest one gets uploaded to Seventh Heaven.

OP
OP
CHC

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't mix and match. Stick with Seventh Heaven mod manager if you are going to be using New Threat. For now you will just have to use the prior version of Sasuki until the latest one gets uploaded to Seventh Heaven.

Thanks - not actively playing the game now, just was curious. There will probably be some way to use both later on, Satsuki seems pretty proactive.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks - not actively playing the game now, just was curious. There will probably be some way to use both later on, Satsuki seems pretty proactive.

There definitely will be. I know the thread makes it sound like some major new thing but Sasuki's releases have been around for a while so it's just matter of time before V5 gets uploaded to 7th Heaven.

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
Saw a post in the qhimm forum that the field iro was updated in seventh heaven, is that the full thing or just the field textures?

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Sorry if this has been asked before, but after installing the mod "Version" and "Renderer" show up at the top left of the screen. How do I remove that? Or does it disappear after some time?

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
New update has built in options for shadows, mouth removal, and other fixes!

In the qhimm OP here.

The download page has two unique auto-install links for SYW V5.20 followed by 3 arrows (>>>) pointing to Update 5.24.

For a first-time install, does that mean I have to install V5.20 first and then run the .exe for 5.24?

Or do I just run the 5.24 .exe alone?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saw a post in the qhimm forum that the field iro was updated in seventh heaven, is that the full thing or just the field textures?
It seems to be the full thing, but the issue remains that the current version of 7th Heaven comes with a version of FFNx (the driver) that does not support Satsuki v5. You need to install a standalone version of FFNx, which can create some issues.

Wait until 7th Heaven is updated to 2.3. It's already in beta, so I presume it's a matter of days until it's fully released.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if modders can extract the new 3D models from the Ever Crisis remake and incorporate them to the OG.
Realistically, they'd be able to take everything and slap it on top of FFVII. But if it remakes the entire game as it was with new assets with the only change being the new kind of turn based combat, enough people might not see the need to. At least not immediately.

Mindman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before, but after installing the mod "Version" and "Renderer" show up at the top left of the screen. How do I remove that? Or does it disappear after some time?

Install the latest version patch to remove those. All it needs now is an integrated always run toggle.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Realistically, they'd be able to take everything and slap it on top of FFVII. But if it remakes the entire game as it was with new assets with the only change being the new kind of turn based combat, enough people might not see the need to. At least not immediately.
true and for now I still prefer the ninostyle models made after the original character art.

Rewind

Oct 27, 2017
It seems to be the full thing, but the issue remains that the current version of 7th Heaven comes with a version of FFNx (the driver) that does not support Satsuki v5. You need to install a standalone version of FFNx, which can create some issues.

Wait until 7th Heaven is updated to 2.3. It's already in beta, so I presume it's a matter of days until it's fully released.
I had some free time and installed the canary version with the latest version of FFNx, got the 2 mods to work together through seventh heaven. I had to install the shadows on its own though since there was no IRO file. I also played around with Special K and got HDR working but new threat didn't like it. Think I'm going to play around with Special K a bit this weekend and see if I can get it working more consistently.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I had some free time and installed the canary version with the latest version of FFNx, got the 2 mods to work together through seventh heaven. I had to install the shadows on its own though since there was no IRO file. I also played around with Special K and got HDR working but new threat didn't like it. Think I'm going to play around with Special K a bit this weekend and see if I can get it working more consistently.

I can also confirm the two mods work together installed in this way. I was doing well until a new boss fight with a bunch of Soldier Third Classes. Difficulty spike, much? Since a friend has expressed interest in playing through Brave New World, I'm gonna do that first and then come back to FFVII after.

Jun 11, 2019
AuthenticM, how extensive are the ninostyle character models anyway? Like, I noticed that the cart driver in those comparison pics you posted also seemed to be in the same style? Does the mod cover all the NPCs like that?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
AuthenticM, how extensive are the ninostyle character models anyway? Like, I noticed that the cart driver in those comparison pics you posted also seemed to be in the same style? Does the mod cover all the NPCs like that?
The mod is a little less than halfway done. It is a huge undertaking, as the author intends to not only do every NPC, but every single object in the game. Anything that appears in the game rendered in real time gets the treatment.

You can find the spreadsheet of the progress here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/39n65f2kp1eci0o/Completion_List.xlsx

Here's an image containing some of the models done so far:

Jun 11, 2019
The mod is a little less than halfway done. It is a huge undertaking, as the author intends to not only do every NPC, but every single object in the game. Anything that appears in the game rendered in real time gets the treatment.

You can find the spreadsheet of the progress here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/39n65f2kp1eci0o/Completion_List.xlsx

Here's an image containing some of the models done so far:
Ok, thanks for sharing this! I'll probably wait until this is finished whenever that is, these look great tho!

I assume they also have something like this for the battle models as well?

Necromanti

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FFVII is admittedly the classic 3D FF I'm the least fond of (probably partially due to the order I played them in: FF8 -> FF9 -> FF7) and I used to hate the deformed NPC models, but some of these mods make me excited to revisit it with fresh eyes.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, thanks for sharing this! I'll probably wait until this is finished whenever that is, these look great tho!

I assume they also have something like this for the battle models as well?
Yes, and the battle models come with the mod. They're not displayed here, as that tracking info is just for the field models. The battle models are all made to look closely like the nomura artwork. Here's the Cloud model:

7ZShe1h.jpg

I also told myself that I would wait until the mod was finished to play the game again, but eventually I said screw it and just played. It's going to take the author a while before finishing the mod; he's been working on it since September 2019, and he's not even halfway done. I would tell you to just play when you feel like it. By the time he is done with the mod, enough time will have gone by that some new mods or version of mods will be available, giving you a new reason to play.

I would say to wait until 7th Heaven 2.3 and New Threat 2.1 are out, which should happen in the coming weeks. That's what I'm doing before replaying the game.

BlazeHedgehog

Oct 27, 2017
So I gotta wonder if we'll see people porting out the Ever Crisis Models into FF7 classic for a mod

I imagine Square-Enix wouldn't be too happy about that. They've had a history of issuing cease & desist notices for certain fan projects, and if someone is transplanting assets from one game to another, I imagine they'd see that as devaluing the new product and taking away sales

Jan 11, 2018
Oh, lots of progress since last time I checked then lol. But why the ugly aspect ratio. I hope it's playable in 4:3 as it should be.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody get Windows Defender/virus errors when you try the 5.24 patch? Windows just won't run it no matter what, then it nukes it because it detects a virus.