• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I see a news story about a murder in my town that was posted from the local news affiliate. The headline was something like, "Mother still searching for answers.". I read it and noticed the street and was like, this can't be right, surely I would have heard about this. I live in a community. But basically the story is the mother is frustrated because the cops haven't been able to find anything out. So I search in their YouTube channel and sure as fuck, it's the street that crosses mine. I could throw a baseball and hit this house.

It's frustrating to see the cops on TV saying they've done all they can and they are still investigating. No one has came to my house and asked me if I saw anything unusual. No one is talking about it. The commute manager didn't even notify the people living here.

Am I being unreasonable?

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
The scariest thing about all this is the combination of the incompetence of the police and the fact the killer is still out there.

Even if they never kill again, that would keep me awake at night.

Last edited:

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
You're not on the same street much less right next to the house, and you didn't even realize your neighbor was gone. The police wouldn't have gained anything by talking to you.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Bad stuff happens, we moved into this neighborhood not too long ago and a few months in we found out a mother strangled her 8 year old daughter and left her dead outside on the lawn neighbors found her the following morning. This was also just a few houses down the road.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I think that this happened a few houses away and you didn't know for 2 months says more about you tbh

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
Clearly the police aren't missing out on pertinent info by not talking to OP. I'd expect next door neighbours to be talked to. Aside from that people generally have no clue what's going on with their neighbours, as evidenced by OP.

ItsBobbyDarin

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Egyptian residing in Denmark
So I see a news story about a murder in my town that was posted from the local news affiliate. The headline was something like, "Mother still searching for answers.". I read it and noticed the street and was like, this can't be right, surely I would have heard about this. I live in a community. But basically the story is the mother is frustrated because the cops haven't been able to find anything out. So I search in their YouTube channel and sure as fuck, it's the street that crosses mine. I could throw a baseball and hit this house.

It's frustrating to see the cops on TV saying they've done all they can and they are still investigating. No one has came to my house and asked me if I saw anything unusual. No one is talking about it. The commute manager didn't even notify the people living here.

Am I being unreasonable?
Well, did you see anything mysterious?

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry OP, I hardly know anything about my neighbors too. If one of them were to be murdered randomly I would only find out because my kids might talk to their kids. That's my biggest info network, lul.

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You're not on the same street much less right next to the house, and you didn't even realize your neighbor was gone. The police wouldn't have gained anything by talking to you.

Exactly. If they had actually come to you, that would be reason to worry. It would mean they don't have the slightest clue what they are doing.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
A teen got shot (point blank - face) just around the block from me last month, over a bottle of liquor and a chick. R.I.P., child.
Shit like this happens around here every so often. We're getting gentrified fast and shit still goes down sometimes.
I'm not sure if they ever caught the perp. but now I'm gonna check. They also never asked questions to anyone I know, but I'm not literally a stone's throw a way like you. Maybe 6 stones.
They're prob. handling the investigation with other leads already, in your case, that or the cops (as usual) suck. I hope the mom gets the investigation deserved, OP.

Spawnsniper

Oct 28, 2017
2 houses down when i used to live at my parents some lady got her throat slashed by her housband.. luckily the lady survived and the man fled after but caught him before getting to mex.

OP
OP
BackLogJoe

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bingo.

"Someone was murdered and Nobody talked to me about it" sounds selfish.

Selfish? Your comment sounds shitty.

Im concerned that the mother had to go to the media to ask for the public's help and the PD have said they have done all they can. Its an enclosed community and people have to pass the house to leave the area havent been asked if they saw anything. My shore duty in the Navy was as an investigator and we would canvas the community for way less offenses such as robbery and vandalism.

Last edited:

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question: was the victim a person of colour? Could that be the reason law enforcement can't be arsed?

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Selfish? Your comment sounds shitty.

Im concerned that the mother had to go to the media to ask for the public's help and the PD have said they have done all they can. Its an enclosed community and people have to pass the house to leave the area havent been asked if they saw anything. My shore duty in the Navy was as an investigator and we would canvas the community for way offenses such as robbery and vandalism.

Call Mark Harmon, he'll have this case solved in an hour.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Those first comments are absurd. You are right OP, looks like police haven't done shit if you and other people haven't even heard about it.

You haven't witnessed the murder or don't have any meaningful insight for them. but how do they know this without even questioning the near by houses.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think that this happened a few houses away and you didn't know for 2 months says more about you tbh

This is a poor post.

Bingo.

"Someone was murdered and Nobody talked to me about it" sounds selfish.

How is wanting law enforcement to do their jobs selfish? I honestly don't understand either of these quoted posts. It's like both of you are more interested in a zinger than actually commenting sincerely.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a poor post.

How is wanting law enforcement to do their jobs selfish? I honestly don't understand either of these quoted posts. It's like both of you are more interested in a zinger than actually commenting sincerely.

Couple things, it happened two months ago and he just found out about it. Right there tells me he doesn't know anything about what happened. He says he's never home but also say the police never even knocked on his door which would be impossible for him to know unless he has a video doorbell.

What's to say the police don't have a working theory? Just because a family member is upset that the case hasn't been solved yet isn't proof that the cops are just sitting on their hands.

The whole framing of the thread, making some women's murder and her mother's desperate pleas for help, about the OP himself is yikes.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I mean no disrespect with the question OP, but is yours a lower income area? That may explain why they've been so nonchalant

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't move into my current house initially because there was a murder/suicide across the street. Had to turn the van around and park it at my brother's place for a few days.

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
Those first comments are absurd. You are right OP, looks like police haven't done shit if you and other people haven't even heard about it.

You haven't witnessed the murder or don't have any meaningful insight for them. but how do they know this without even questioning the near by houses.
It's not up to the police to spread gossip--which is all talking to OP would have accomplished.

Eye witness accounts are notoriously bad, and OP obviously wasn't around to see the investigation. The only way he could have helped was with surveillance footage.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston

Am I being unreasonable?
Why would they come to your house to ask if you saw anything? Someone was murdered and you didn't know for months.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Uh, because that's what you do in an investigation. You ask people nearby if they saw anything out of place or any other question that is pertinent.

Duh?
Apparently you missed the sarcasm.

Talking to the OP would have been fruitless. Them not talking to the OP doesn't mean they didn't talk to actual neighbors.