MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
They'll just copy FNAF and take all the frightening aspects out of it. No interest in PG Poppy Playtime.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
I know next to nothing about this franchise but damn if don't see these toys dangling off like every news stand in Manhattan.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My son's YouTube time is primarily focused on Poppy Playtime. He thinks I should know who Huggy Wuggy is.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It boggles my mind how Youtube is the new kids' TV. Half of the toys now are from brands/IP's I've never heard of.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
eff this series and how much it freaks out my son

Hope fans that enjoy it get what they want from it at least.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
That promotional video with "live action" Huggy Wuggy was actually pretty disturbing. I can see this working in a movie, but only if they actually went gory (which they won't, since the primary audience for these games is children).

I do like watching story/gameplay recaps on YouTube after each chapter releases, and I've never played a single minute. There's something compelling about the lore and art style.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Kids are absolutely obsessed with these creepy videogame characters.
Poppy playtime hit it big and many tried to follow:
Garden of banban, zoonomaly, bendy, the rainbow friends (who might or might not be part of banban)... ooof, there's hundreds more, but poppy playtime is by far the biggest. A merchandise goldmine, except it's mostly unofficial knockoffs being sold in the streets.
Most never even played the games, they are just naturally attracted to the mildly scary and unsettling stuff and tbh the design and atmosphere in poppy playtime just really works.
Third chapter looks like a semi-legit game too, they really ramped up production values. Wonder why these games were never ported to consoles.

Edit: what does it mean it's not even done? There's three chapters out, I always assumed each one was a complete game lol

OP
OP
ClickyCal'

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Kids are absolutely obsessed with these creepy videogame characters.
Poppy playtime hit it big and many tried to follow:
Garden of banban, zoonomaly, bendy, the rainbow friends (who might or might not be part of banban)... ooof, there's hundreds more, but poppy playtime is by far the biggest. A merchandise goldmine, except it's mostly unofficial knockoffs being sold in the streets.
Most never even played the games, they are just naturally attracted to the mildly scary and unsettling stuff and tbh the design and atmosphere in poppy playtime just really works.
Third chapter looks like a semi-legit game too, they really ramped up production values. Wonder why these games were never ported to consoles.

Edit: what does it mean it's not even done? There's three chapters out, I always assumed each one was a complete game lol
Isn't Bendy and the Inkmachine older than Poppy Playtime?

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
these devs are such trash. games not finished so let's go all in on:
merch
movie rights
NFTs
also the shit with the Venge developer where they basically bullied him and then stole his game

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My son's YouTube time is primarily focused on Poppy Playtime. He thinks I should know who Huggy Wuggy is.
My six-year-old is obsessed with Huggy Wuggy. I have let him play the game if he sits with me. I don't like to outright deny something from him, it just makes him want it more. We talk about the themes. I wouldn't let him watch any of the content alone though.

Oct 26, 2017
so not much of a improvement over the FNAF dev then?

To be fair to him, he was making horror games (in that style) for quite some time before he found success. He took on the feedback that was given, improved his product and released something that captivated a lot of people. AFAIK for the largest portion of time it was also a solo endeavour, and whilst the idea of "Spooky animatronics or kids toys" isn't entirely original, he almost certainly was the one to bring it to the limelight that spawned so many stylistically similar games.

FNAF is absolutely not something I would be interested in personally, but I don't think it's fair to belittle the developers achievements.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
It boggles my mind how Youtube is the new kids' TV. Half of the toys now are from brands/IP's I've never heard of.

I naively thought I was gonna keep up with trends in media aimed at young people and be cool and open-minded into old age. Suddenly some horror parody of Chuck E Cheese is a huge franchise with books full of lore and some videos of a guy's head popping out of a toilet and scatting over and over is the new SpongeBob and now I'm 90 years old.

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

And this is something I've noticed too: TV and movies can be group experiences. You can take your family to see Top Gun and everyone will know who Tom Cruise is. YouTube is a personal experience you watch alone, and you wind up being the only person in your family that knows about that channel.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
my 7 yr old is obsessed with this and the songs and everything with. im gonna end up having to watch this with him

Cousin From Boston

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Nov 21, 2017
My 7 year old and every single one of his friends is absolutely OBSESSED with this shit. They're not scared by it, they think it's still and crazy. They play Poppy Playtime at recess where they chase each other around as different characters. Guess I'm watching this with him.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017