rac

Oct 25, 2017
If you're not interested in doing right by these characters then just let someone else do it.
i really don't understand why snyder doesn't just create his own characters/world

edit: i mean it seems like he has enough support from producers, actors and fans
just go for it

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I just wish Snyder and his sycophant fans would just go make their own movies with incessant Christ-like imagery and toxic masculinity - just go make adaptations of Rob Liefeld's Image comics. They just keep a stranglehold on the DC properties just to ruin it because they get off on it. They're not DC fans-they're Zack Snyder fans. And they revel in the toxicity of taking a beloved franchise and beloved characters and just trolling people with awful renditions of them. I'm just exhausted from it all-which I realize is exactly the goal.

If you're not interested in doing right by these characters then just let someone else do it.
He'd be perfect for an Image Comics director of a Youngblood film, without a hint of irony.

I do agree. As someone who adores DC heroes, it's been... disappointing... to see the sort of take Snyder has linger in the DC film universe for so long when so many of these characters deserve so much better. I'm not a Marvel fanboy, but it's crazy to see them running circles around DC's offerings. So many DC heroes deserve to be on screen in their full glory, and not as truncated versions that barely resemble themselves.

Like, we should be reveling in a new golden age of cinematic DC heroes like The Ray or Mister Terrific or Vixen or Doctor Fate or Metamorpho the Element Man being common household names, but, alas, that's just not to be. I can't believe Nightwing has never made a proper appearance in any DC movie.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well I did say "Jesus Christ..." when I saw it, but not in the way he wanted

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
He'd be perfect for an Image Comics director of a Youngblood film, without a hint of irony.

I do agree. As someone who adores DC heroes, it's been... disappointing... to see the sort of take Snyder has linger in the DC film universe for so long when so many of these characters deserve so much better. I'm not a Marvel fanboy, but it's crazy to see them running circles around DC's offerings. So many DC heroes deserve to be on screen in their full glory, and not as truncated versions that barely resemble themselves.

Like, we should be reveling in a new golden age of cinematic DC heroes like The Ray or Mister Terrific or Vixen or Doctor Fate or Metamorpho the Element Man being common household names, but, alas, that's just not to be. I can't believe Nightwing has never made a proper appearance in any DC movie.
I never thought about him doing Youngblood and that would be a good fit for him. At this rate I am shocked he hasn't tried doing The Authority since those are just riffs on other heroes.

But knowing Snyder he would want to make a Bloodwulf movie instead

81MQdKj0eHL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

He can even shoot it for theaters with the feet cropped out and you can only see them in the 4:3 version of the film later.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Leto is a cult leader so this is hitting me differently. Cringe and stupid, but the dude cosplays as Jesus in real life.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
You can't look at this image and deny that the Snyder Cut will be way better than Whedon's JL.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought about him doing Youngblood and that would be a good fit for him. At this rate I am shocked he hasn't tried doing The Authority since those are just riffs on other heroes.

But knowing Snyder he would want to make a Bloodwulf movie instead

81MQdKj0eHL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

He can even shoot it for theaters with the feet cropped out and you can only see them in the 4:3 version of the film later.
I'm telling you it's the perfect solution. He's gets to make his grim dark super edgy movies with existing source material and his fans will eat it up.

And we DC fans can then suffer with an entirely different group of bad decisions made by Warner Bros.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I'm telling you it's the perfect t solution. He's gets to make his grim dark super edgy movies with existing source ante risk and his fans will eat it up.

And we DC fans can then suffer with an entirely different group of bad decisions made by Warner Bros.
Well, he would get his Superman that way with Supreme, which still lets him get his Alan Moore too.
Now as for his version of Fighting American...

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Eu2ckLfXMAAfxbV

Forgot this easy mark but Snyder fan Lee Bermejo got to it. From his Batman Damned 1 in 2018. A messy comic. Editorial created some of the issues with No 2 and 3 after the Batpenis blowout. Some of it is on Azzarello though. Still worth reading. Let's see how deep I can chase this Joker x Jesus thing. It wasn´t in the 90s issue I remembered it to be.

Last edited:

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Should I watch Sucker Punch or will I come away from the experience a miserable man? 👀

It has some awesome action. If you were to generously set aside the more problematic elements of the plot, the rest of it would charitably be called boring. But, it does have a LOT of action, and I don't believe it is a 3 hour epic or anything. If you are bored, there are worse ways to spend an evening.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The article was a good read and had a bunch of nice stuff. The convo between Nolan and Deborah Sndyer, the stuff about his kid and the song at the end. Im guessing we're not gonna open a topic for the article though?

This topic has essentially done what it made to do. Never change era.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Looking at the picture, thinking of the Knightmare scenario with darkseid winning. I could see Joker thinking he was right in the end and the messiah like figure.

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
The article was a good read and had a bunch of nice stuff. The convo between Nolan and Deborah Sndyer, the stuff about his kid and the song at the end. Im guessing we're not gonna open a topic for the article though?

www.resetera.com

Zack Snyder is not getting paid for the Snyder Cut

looks like he might have also done it to keep the OG creative vision intact. curious how it plays out. Interesting Read from Vanity Fair talking about the Journey to how the Snyder Cut was born: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/02/the-true-story-of-justice-league-snyder-cut

Furisu

Poutine on the Ritz
Dec 5, 2018
I seriously recommend the Vanity Fair piece that the Josus picture is attached to.

A shame that this (admittedly hilarious) image is overshadowing a heartwarming and tragic story.

Lube Man

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
I seriously recommend the Vanity Fair piece that the Josus picture is attached to.

A shame that this (admittedly hilarious) image is overshadowing a heartwarming and tragic story.

This thread is not about the article, but the photo accompanying the article.

Article is being somewhat discussed here.
www.resetera.com

Zack Snyder is not getting paid for the Snyder Cut

looks like he might have also done it to keep the OG creative vision intact. curious how it plays out. Interesting Read from Vanity Fair talking about the Journey to how the Snyder Cut was born: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2021/02/the-true-story-of-justice-league-snyder-cut

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017

You're free to open a thread on it if you want, and there being other good stuff in it doesn't make this image not cringe as fuck

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Should I watch Sucker Punch or will I come away from the experience a miserable man?

Watch it with the sound off, it feels like a really good (but long) tech demo for HD televisions around that time, lol. Like when they used to give you free DVD's showing the 'future of entertainment'

Funny thing is typing this I just remembered they wasted fucking Oscar Issac in a stupid ass role in that flick, and got annoyed again.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales