Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Coming off what is being called one of the greatest wrestling PPVs of all time in All Out 2021, the September 8, 2021 edition of AEW Dynamite has topped Monday Night Raw for the very first time.

And before anyone asks, the 18-49 Demographic is the most important figure in TV ratings and discussion. TV shows are deemed successful, or not successful, based on that figure primarily, not total viewership.

This doesn't come as much of a surprise for many wrestling fans. WWE programming is worse than ever, while AEW is absolutely red hot with the recent arrivals of superstars like Bryan Danielson and CM Punk.

That said, WWE is literally an institution. They are kleenex. They are Nintendo. WWE is synonymous with pro wrestling, and has been on Monday nights for nearly 30 years.

AEW just topped them after less than 2 years on TV.

Expect WWE to respond to this with a big announcement for next week's Raw. That's how they generally operate.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well goddamn deserved.

image.png

ShabbadooJr

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha, NE
It wasn't a great show last night, especially on commentary. But it did move storylines forward. Next weeks card is looking good though.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Fantastic news. Somebody needs to make WWE step up their game.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
There's like a 90% chance they're gonna try to get some old-timer back on in order to get a bump.

How big of a check would they have to cut for the Rock to make an appearance.

Oct 28, 2017
CM Punk made me watch AEW for the first time when he debuted. Everything else made me keep watching.

AEW has restored my love for wrestling.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
I hope AEW hones in on the story aspect of wrestling. WWE has set this expectation of payoffs and resolutions week-over-week without any real buildup.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
AEW is not perfect, but its an ACTUAL pro wrestling show that doesn't treat its viewers like idiots (Vince McMahon seemingly thinks his viewers are too dumb to comprehend that people might have last names). It reminds me of the wrestling shows I loved to watch as a kid. WWE is like, some strange, overly produced, poorly written, micro managed shitty attempt at some sort of action movie meets legitimate sports production.

d-rek

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully they can sustain it. It's pretty crazy that AEW had one of their biggest PPVs and debuted 2 of the biggest wrestlers but didn't beat their record. There's definitely a ceiling for wrestling ratings.

bonch00ski

Oct 25, 2017
AEW coming off what many called one of the best PPVs of recent memory, threw the kitchen sink against a regular ass RAW show and squeaked by with 3k in the key demo. And lost by 500k overall to a Raw with Lashley and MVP in a tag match against AJ & Omos

Things will be back to normal next week, or until TK signs another star.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
AEW is not perfect, but its an ACTUAL pro wrestling show that doesn't treat its viewers like idiots (Vince McMahon seemingly thinks his viewers are too dumb to comprehend that people might have last names). It reminds me of the wrestling shows I loved to watch as a kid. WWE is like, some strange, overly produced, poorly written, micro managed shitty attempt at some sort of action movie meets legitimate sports production.

Lucha Underground found the best of both worlds.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Time for Stephanie and Vince to put themselves on TV again. Vince will probably get his lifelong dream of an incest angle with Prichard back in the fold.

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
AEW coming off what many called one of the best PPVs of recent memory, threw the kitchen sink against a regular ass RAW show and squeaked by with 3k in the key demo. And lost by 500k overall to a Raw with Lashley and MVP in a tag match against AJ & Omos

Bruce Prichard?

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
good wwe needs to get there head out of there ass the wrestling world needs all companies doing good its whats best for wrestling that being said dont know how i feel about WWE being compared to NIntendo even though i know where your coming from one is 1000x better than the other lol.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Don't really follow the ratings, but has Smackdown always done that well? Or is it a case of it being on Fox?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

You watch WWE?

giphy.gif