• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Oh, I think the graphics and storytelling are outstanding, especially for the AA game that it is, and trial-and-error is par for the course for stealth, which I always prefer to combat. And the performances are fantastic, especially some of the new characters that pop up in the later half. Honestly, I wouldn't have disliked it so much if I thought it was mediocre; for me it was that I liked the first game so much, and I thought the sequel was an improvement in so many ways that it was even more frustrating when some of their choices made it a worse game than the one that came before.
I'm definitely not impressed by the performances, maybe I should play it in English (played the first and this one in French).

amara

Nov 23, 2021
I didn't play the first game and it hasn't been an issue so far. I feel like I get the context for everything perfectly fine. I do really love how immersive this game is. The gameplay is serviceable enough to tell the story, so I don't have a huge gripe with it. Though I wish I could skip the puzzles. I don't want to push carts anymore.

Scotty

Nov 11, 2023
I'm playing on PS5 and I'm playing chapter 2. The game is almost unplayable. There's some weird character stutter where it feels like my character is running into an invisible wall and just starts and stops constantly. It's driving me nuts.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
There are way too many rat chase setpieces. Really removes the impact they can have when we're doing it every other chapter

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
In the transition from chapter XV to chapter XVI the game crashed so hard that the save corrupt, not knowing that the back up save was a really old compared to the one on the cloud in which sony force me to sync (so bye bye chapter XIV save that was in the cloud) I end up choosing the local back up.

Now I'm back to chapter VII which means I'm done with the game.

Thanks Sony for not inform me that the back up save on the console was old and thanks Asobo for making such crap save system.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I had 120hz mode set to auto on my ps5. Assumed this meant off my tv didn't support it.

Thought plague tale requiem hdr was messed up until I turned this to off and fixed my overblown washed out issue on my lg b7. Sigh lol.