• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jolenar

Apr 2, 2019
Super excited for the sequel.

At first I found the first game a bit boring but tried it again after the 60fps patch on XSX and then really enjoyed it.

Too bad next week and weekend is stacked with work 😞

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Just booted up A Plague Tale Innocence (60fps), Life is Strange True Colors (30fps) and A Plague Tale Requiem in quick succession to compare and my feeling is that Requiem is in the middle of them. Unless True Colors actually dips below 30fps somehow.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Just booted up A Plague Tale Innocence (60fps), Life is Strange True Colors (30fps) and A Plague Tale Requiem in quick succession to compare and my feeling is that Requiem is in the middle of them. Unless True Colors actually dips below 30fps somehow.
oof 40-50 fps even with vrr is bad without a 30 lock option

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Well it looks like Im kinda wrong. I turned off motion blur and the game definitely isnt running at 60FPS regularly. It's more like 30 to 40FPS.

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
Well it looks like Im kinda wrong. I turned off motion blur and the game definitely isnt running at 60FPS regularly. It's more like 30 to 40FPS.

So if the game doesn't have 60 fps, are people going to destroy it the same way as Gotham Knights?

Let's see how hypocritical the community is with this

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
So if the game doesn't have 60 fps, are people going to destroy it the same way as Gotham Knights?

Let's see how hypocritical the community is with this

Gotham Knight, a game that looks mid as mid gets, is literally a nonstop fast paced action game.
This is an extremely high fidelity slow paced game where combat is not exactly the focus or high skill. Obviously 30 fps is far more acceptable, lmao.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
What's not acceptable is how the devs keep a low profile on that. If it's 30fps, so be it but say it.

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
The game is clearly running at 60fps in this trailer on the PlayStation YouTube channel, quite misleading if it isn't actually 60

EDIT: Oops, someone already posted this on the previous page

Last edited:

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
It's 60fps on console. Some streamers don't give a fuck about embargo and have uploaded play through footage of the series x version. There's also pc footage on a 4090. Search for the game and sort by upload date on YouTube and you'll find the videos.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
It's 60fps on console. Some streamers don't give a fuck about embargo and have uploaded play through footage of the series x version. There's also pc footage on a 4090. Search for the game and sort by upload date on YouTube and you'll find the videos.

im afraid to search because of spoilers

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm playing through the first one right now and I'm really enjoying it, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to run this one. I'll use it as a benchmark when it comes out!

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
A user confirmed 40 fps without patch and 60 fps with the day one patch.
Day one patch is supposed to actually come out on day one.
A guy on youtube who got an early copy said that it took them roughly 10 hours to complete the game on hard difficulty with picking some collectibles along the way.
I saw that and he corrected himself later saying it was more like 13 hours.

And on Focus Home discord someone said they took about 17 hours I think.

It all depends on how much you beeline the main objective I guess. Also the game doesn't track play time, so I took mine from the Xbox Stats screen. That might be inflated a bit from having the game paused, on the menu screen, etc. But I admit I took my sweet time with it :)

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
so we have 10 and 21 hours? weird :D

Actually I double checked and they made a correction in the comments section of the video:

"It will have a performance mode for ps5. I played the game w.o next gen/d1 update. That's why I haven't mentioned anything about resolution/performance. Still had an amazing experience. ALSO Dustin have checked my recorded footage, I misscalculated it was somewhat 13ish hours, sorry my bad."

So I can definitely see how this can take around 20 hours if you don't rush it and aim for a completionist playthrough. :D

Day one patch is supposed to actually come out on day one.

I saw that and he corrected himself later saying it was more like 13 hours.

And on Focus Home discord someone said they took about 17 hours I think.

It all depends on how much you beeline the main objective I guess. Also the game doesn't track play time, so I took mine from the Xbox Stats screen. That might be inflated a bit from having the game paused, on the menu screen, etc. But I admit I took my sweet time with it :)

Apparently we've posted at the same time lol. But yeah, that makes sense especially as you took your time and went for the collectibles. :)

Last edited:

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I've just checked and it's definitely running at 30fps.

Looks like 60 on my iPhone 13 pro. The video is encoded at 60fps as well. I would check for frame doubling but I'm not at my pc. I did check on my plasma and it does look possibly 30fps mainly because it has the same heavy motion blur that forza horizon 5 uses in its quality mode. It's hard to say for sure due to a variety of factors but at 15 minutes in where the guy takes an axe to the head it does look like the frame rate is dropping a bit too.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
That's why I'm not linking it. But for those who want to check it's a German streamer named "ToThePast".

I've just checked and it's definitely running at 30fps.

Yeah I just took a quick look and its definitely 30fps with considerable motion blur. I guess you will have to wait for the day one patch to see if it will be 60fps.

Anyway this doesn't concern me as I'll be playing the PC version.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
One thing I have noticed with people who put up early playthroughs of games is they beeline it so they can be the first in order to get as much views as possible. Also, people play at different paces!

yeah at my own pace this should be a nice 14-15 hour playthrough. Starting it tomorrow by "visiting" new zealand :)

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
Seen the PS5 version 1.00, there is no graphic modes option and it runs at 30fps with small hiccups (or frame pacing issues?). Looks kinda smooth because it's a slow-paced game but it's definitely disappointing.

I'd take less rats and more frames. So far, it doesn't look better than some already released 60fps games.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Yup, those YT videos are available in 60fps but the game is definitely 30.

Not a huge deal, upon reading 30fps some imagine an unplayable slideshow mess when it's actually quite ok, and a lot of ppl can't even tell, as demonstrated here.

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
1.0 on current gen consoles seems having unlocked framerate and staying around 40fps

Day One Patch will up the average around 60fps with some dips in most demanding scenes.
No selectable graphic modes in both cases.

Any other can confirm this?

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly nothing is known about any changes to performance in the day one patch. That is all just wishful speculation. If such significant changes were to be included in the day one patch, I'm sure reviewers would've been told so (and they weren't).

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
1.0 on current gen consoles seems having unlocked framerate and staying around 40fps

Day One Patch will up the average around 60fps with some dips in most demanding scenes.
No selectable graphic modes in both cases.

Any other can confirm this?
PS5 ver 1.00 looks like a capped 30fps with some dips or frame pacing issues. Definitely not 40. There are no selectable graphic modes.

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
But a user in this forum said that he installed a patch and after that the game runs at solid 60 on PS5, without selectable graphic modes.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
how can someone not see the difference between 30 and 60 or even unlocked. I can even tell if the game drops like 3 fps from 60

Jacob4815

Oct 29, 2017
ket said:

It's supposed to run at 60FPS but I havent found any performance options. Im finished the game with what I think is the day one patch, which improved performance compared to pre-day 1 patch. But there was still occasional slowdown during parts with lots of rats or fire effects.

Pre-day one it seemed like it was running btwn 40 to 50 FPS while trying to hit 60.

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
But a user in this forum said that he installed a patch and after that the game runs at solid 60 on PS5, without selectable graphic modes.
I think you meant ket here and they posted in this thread earlier today:
I don't think the day one patch is out yet. Reviewers were told the patch doesn't go live until release date.

Cali32

Oct 11, 2020
I don't mind 30FPS if the game has good motion blur implementation and the frame-rate is locked. I have an issue with 30FPS though in first person games which this title is not. A 60FPS day 0 patch would of course be super neat.

Micerider

Nov 11, 2017
30 FPS is fine if motion is handled correctly and input delay controlled. Always wishing for more of course, but seeing they are trying something a bit ambitious technically speaking (it does look significantly better than Innocence IMHO), I can live with that. I'm part of those who completed Horizon Forbidden West in 30 FPS (before they had a decent Performance mode patch or the 40 FPS patch) and I enjoyed it.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Wish this would have been a Friday release as I've been gaming a bunch with my wife out of town since Thursday. Nice to see it unlocks 6pm EST tomorrow though as she gets back Tuesday afternoon so at least I can put in a good session tomorrow night!.