Chromie

Dec 4, 2017
The interview, which was recorded by the website Kikizo at E3 2004, was partially shared at the time, but never shown in full.

Now the full 30-minute discussion, including Iwata's answers, the English translation by Nintendo's Yasuhiro Minagawa and optional English subtitles, has been remastered in HD and published in full online.

At the time, Iwata had only been Nintendo president for two years, and had just been on stage at E3 showing off the Nintendo DS and teasing the Revolution (which would later be renamed the Wii).

www.videogameschronicle.com

A previously unpublished 2004 video interview with Satoru Iwata has been shared online | VGC

Iwata discusses the PSP, the Revolution (Wii)…

View: https://youtu.be/e5CgnTYm-ew?si=a87MboPmAeQ5XJ5q

Spotted over on Reddit, just a great little interview with the great Iwata

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
What a treat. What an upheaval of the entire industry this Iwata-led Nintendo caused. Worth chuckling now at the panic being spread about not chasing the highest tech. Or becoming the waggle console.

On that note, I admit having some trepidations on the Switch 2 kind of missing on that same type of differentiation. Even though it's what I want, I wonder how the larger market will react. And how that may reverberate (or not) across the console market.

Oct 25, 2017
As we stand to lose more of the likes of Mr Iwata in the coming years we absolutely risk collectively forgetting how we got here.

Everything is so ephemeral now and akin to a quick hit for the high or rush, we need to mature and honour these folks in a more solemn way. Many artists are spoken about in such revered terms because they had a lasting impact and it was recognised, not just because you can now click and button and file away their wares to somewhere you will never actually engage with it.