• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please make a Sonic & SEGA racing game, not Sonic and friends.
I want Kiryu and Bayonetta
Going by all the rumors, sadly a new SART is very unlikely. Hopefully the new game will at least be as fun gameplay-wise.

For me though a lot of the fun came from the characters and stages as a fan of the Sega of old.
I wanted to play as Alis/Alisa dammit.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
They aren't gonna put Bayonetta in a kid friendly game lol. And don't say Smash Bros. cause that ain't the same level being that we have Zero Suit Samass and Shulk.

wneQxgd.png

seiki

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see this upcoming rumoured Sonic racing game being a commercial and critical success to put it simply; People have said they're still interested but as you can see the general reaction to the inclusion of "Sonic only characters" have lost the majority of consumers. Adding the SEGA name to it along with it's legacy characters/music/stages would have been a good idea to continue from especially given the great success of All-Stars and the sequel Transformed.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Sonic buddy I'm still here to give you chances D:

If it's a non-SART racing game I hope it doesn't use vehicles. Never played the Riders games but they don't have the best reputation

Cogniferous

Oct 27, 2017
England
I'll be disappointed if SEGA don't recognise the extent to which this game has leaked when it's announced in March (Assuming they're announcing it at the SXSW thing). Also I wonder if there's any chance of adding at least one of the Hard Boiled Heavies? Heavy Gunner in his chopper from Mania or Heavy Rider on her trusty steed Jimmy. Also unlike most of Sonic's friends/enemies it'd be odd to see Infinite in there...

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see this upcoming rumoured Sonic racing game being a commercial and critical success to put it simply; People have said they're still interested but as you can see the general reaction to the inclusion of "Sonic only characters" have lost the majority of consumers. Adding the SEGA name to it along with it's legacy characters/music/stages would have been a good idea to continue from especially given the great success of All-Stars and the sequel Transformed.

As much as I'd prefer a proper Sega character racing game, I don't think that's going to torpedo the games success. Most people (outside of old fans) don't give a damn about Sega's characters.

This game will live or die based on the quality of the racing and presentation. If it's a good game in the vein of Transformed it will do well.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I doubt the majority of the audience they're aiming for with a Sonic racer cares one bit about the old Sega IPs.

Don't forget that Sonic Forces apparently sold well despite how much it was trashed in enthusiast circles.