ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

In Streaming Milestone, Disney And Warner Bros. Discovery Team On Bundle Featuring Disney+, Hulu And Max

Disney and Warner Bros. Discovery are breaking ground in streaming with a bundled offering featuring Disney+, Hulu and Max in a single package.

Disney and Warner Bros. Discovery are breaking ground in streaming with a bundled offering featuring Disney+, Hulu and Max in a single package. The companies are aiming to launch the bundle this summer. The exact launch date and the price point have not yet been announced, but plans call for both ad-free and ad-supported versions to be available.

mreddie Spectromixer

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So it's cable again.

df3d8554bd3180373fbea5a7a3d74e85130fc5cb.gifv

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I'm curious about the cost. Max alone never appealed to me for the price, but Disney+ was worth it for the kids alone and I get a few things every couple of months as well.

I'm not actually sure there's anything I'd still want to watch on Max though...

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I'm curious about the price point. Hulu/Disney+ ad-free bundle is currently $20 US per month while Max ad-free is $16 per month. So $30-35 depending on price increases?

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
I mean yeah there's lot of differences since it's predominantly on-demand and the technology is inherently different, not to mention it's still much cheaper. But the talk of bundles and plans and advertising is gonna make me think of cable again lol

These are optional bundles for folks who sub to these services already, and you can still bail on them whenever you want. It's nothing like cable.

Oct 27, 2017
It really feels like Warner and Disney know they have the best combination of content out there and are going to carve out a space for themselves ensuring they will be one of the few survivors left. I think it's telling Peacock and Paramount are never a part of these partnerships.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Make an annual price option and that should deal with some of the churn lesser services like Disney currently see.

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
It really feels like Warner and Disney know they have the best combination of content out there and are going to carve out a space for themselves ensuring they will be one of the few survivors left. I think it's telling Peacock and Paramount are never a part of these partnerships.

Wouldn't be surprised if this speeds up conversations of a Paramount+ and Peacock something. That something either being their own bundle or a combined app.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I wouldn't mind this if two of the offerings weren't literally just Disney double dipping.cant get over that.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I knew this would be said, and without any hesitation no this ain't like cable, damn.

Eh. It's getting there real fast.

I do have Hulu TV, so I can imagine that everything packaged together will be over 110... So, year. Cable.

More freedom, though! No longer being tethered to cable boxes and being able to stream everywhere is a plus, I guess.

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

I do have Hulu TV, so I can imagine that everything packaged together will be over 110... So, year. Cable.

More freedom, though! No longer being tethered to cable boxes and being able to stream everywhere is a plus, I guess.

Well, also the fact that you're not limited by timeslots and a show being no longer produced to watch something. Well, in theory. Obviously that's not the case with everything.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017

You can still cancel at any time and get all those individually if you want. It's not getting there. Wake me up when I get locked into a 2 year contract that still costs more than my existing set of subs.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You can still cancel at any time and get all those individually if you want. It's not getting there. Wake me up when I get locked into a 2 year contract that still costs more than my existing set of subs.

Hey I remember the days of bundling and jumping.

And honestly, those were significantly cheaper then what I'm paying now, since my cable internet provider has jacked up the price because I am no longer getting a phone and television.

Not having the turmoil of changing services every 2-3 years is a plus.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
As long as they keep renting out their catalog to Netflix, Im ok with just sticking with one service.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
So it's cable again.

It's like people forgot what cable was like...

paying for stuff you dont want? check
paying a lot of money? check

"its not cable" but those are the main reasons people dont like cable...

People begged for a la carte and then when we got it they complained there were too many options. Plus, you can still get them separately so no it's not paying for stuff you don't want.

OP
OP
ContractHolder

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

But people weren't even willing to pay the price needed for stuff they wanted anyway. Let's be real.

Everyone wanted what they liked only, and way under the price needed for people to produce that stuff.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017

Don't get the bundle if you don't want it. Still less than cable by a large margin. People didn't like cable bc it was a 2 year contract, with hardware (pay more for multiple screens), bundled with so much crap (hundreds of channels that were shit to gain access to the one channel you wanted on that tier), super expensive, not on demand.

I feel like some of you didn't have cable, seriously.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Hulu already has add-ons for Disney+ and Max (and some others like Showtime, Starz, etc.), so I'm wondering what the angle is here.

Like, who would we actually be billing?