RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
So Tim Curry is without question one of the greatest character actors of all time ...so here and now is the place to appreciate his honestly insurmountable contribution to pop-culture.

So, do you know him as the flamboyant Frankenfurter?

Or perhaps the insidious IT?

Or maybe the inscrutable Wadsworth?

So what is you favorite piece of Tim Curry media, Era?

kowhite

May 14, 2019
I don't know what it is but my mind goes to sesame cake first.

Not his best work, but I don't know.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't think of a single thing he hasn't elevated just by being in it from cartoons to TV to movies. He's just amazing.

EDIT: And of course games! That escaping to space line cracks me up every single time without fail.

Hecht

Pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down, pushin’ me down
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
The absolute best part about Clue. Ok, maybe tied with Madeline Kahn.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_m8948wqKQe1r79nqko1_500.gif

I was so pumped when I realised he played Dr. Morocco in Transformers Rescue Bots. Every time my kids put it in I swore I recognised him.

OP
OP
RedVejigante

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Tim performing Rocky Horror's I'm Going Home is straight up a kid with anxieties ultimate anthem of self confidence...

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I like how close Tim comes to laughing

The 'SPACE!' bit is my notification tone on my phone, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Also, he's by far, the best bit of Home Alone 2. That lip after he got slapped is bloody gold.

Even in the shit-tier Rocky remake, he was the best part still. Such a shame what happened to him :(

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
As much as I adore Mark Hamil as the Joker in B:TAS I would've LOVED to hear Tim Curry's take on the character before he was replaced. Something about that he was too scary. lol

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I adore Mark Hamil as the Joker in B:TAS I would've LOVED to hear Tim Curry's take on the character before he was replaced. Something about that he was too scary. lol

Somewhere in WB's vault there's a recording of Tim Curry's Joker performance from the "Christmas with the Joker" episode of B:TAS.

Wish they release it one day.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what it is but my mind goes to sesame cake first.

Not his best work, but I don't know.
STOP EATING MY SESAME CAKE!

I've not watched Congo in years but I can still recall Delroy Lindo's delivery of that line with perfect clarity.

Tim Curry is a national treasure and just elevates everything he's in.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
His Pennywise didn't have too many make-up or effects just like the latest IT films, but terrifying still because how plain & insidious it was.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in WB's vault there's a recording of Tim Curry's Joker performance from the "Christmas with the Joker" episode of B:TAS.

Wish they release it one day.
They did sample his Joker laugh and use it in an Episode. The laugh was much more serious and sinister than Hamill take but then again Hamill could have Joker go scary serious too at times

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. He's one of the best for sure. Since everyone has a lot of the bases covered, I'll just post this here

www.youtube.com

Ferngully Toxic Love HQ

I got tired of searching for a version of this song/scene that wasn't terrible looking/sounding. So, I uploaded it myself. Enjoy, before it gets taken down!

Edit hahaha beaten by a minute! Didn't have time to refresh. Great thoughts, Alpha Baymax

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw him smoking a cigarette outside a hotel in downtown Vancouver a decade or so ago. Even doing that, he had a dramatic stage presence.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
He's so well known for his ability to ham it up in such spectacular fashion, one almost forgets that he can turn it off when he needs to.

How many of you remember his role in The Hunt for Red October?

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Saw him give a Q&A a few years back after a rare non-shadow cast screening of Rocky Horror Picture Show, and it was so great seeing him in-person. He's just so good.

Last edited:

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
He is a godsdamned treasure.

One of my favourite roles of his was Captain Hook in Fox's Peter Pan and the Pirates.