entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
This was the second iconic song of the 90s Disney Renaissance. The first being Beauty and Beast, also with Bryson and a young unknown at the time--Celine Dion.

The movie version is very good, but this one is so much better. The styling and how the singers improvise the chorus. Lots of deep 90s R&B production here. A very cool time for R&B, and it knocked out another R&B titan, Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You". from the Billboard Charts.

www.youtube.com

A Whole New World - Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle

Copyrights 1992 Buena Vista Pictures Distribution, Inc.Entity: Warner Chappell Content Type: Sound RecordingNo copyrights infringement. All rights belong to ...

If you want more Peabo here's Beauty and the Beast

www.youtube.com

Celine Dion, Peabo Bryson - Beauty and the Beast (Official Video)

Lyrics:Tale as old as timeTrue as it can beBarely even friendsThen somebody bendsUnexpectedlyJust a little changeSmall, to say the leastBoth a little scaredN...

No embeds because YT is stupid.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Hell yeah, Peabo kicks ass. I go back to both of these all the time. I get nostalgic for that Early-90s sappy love song vibe all the time.

They also absolutely killed Beauty and the Beast live on a few occasions. When I fall in love with a song, my first inclination is always to go see if they can pull it off live or not, and they certainly can here. Peabo in particular adds some more flourishes and runs.
www.youtube.com

Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson ( Beauty And The Beast / Japan 1994 )

David Foster ( Concert in Japan 1994 )

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A Whole New World is one of those cases where the soundtrack version is just way better than the movie version. Usually I prefer the movie versions of the titular songs, but not in this case. Such a fantastic song, and there's an amazing Dolby Atmos version on Apple Music too.

Oct 25, 2017
I remember sitting through the credits in total stupor as a kid in the afterglow of this amazing movie, while this song just cradled my emotions nearly bringing me to tears. It's the moment I knew I wanted to work in animation, I wanted to be a name in those credits while a song like this played lol. And a couple of decades later, eventually I was! Thank you Peabo.

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
Peabo Bryson just has that voice. Loved how he did these songs. Beauty and the Beast is probably my favorite from him.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I don't even like Disney movies but I still frequently find myself singing these two to myself at work sometimes. Stone cold classics.