• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Seems like the episode is pretty relevant given the discussion on absences in this site.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
The HR rep at the end of the episode hating on Janine was hilarious!

Glad to see Janine will be back. It felt so off with her working for the district for most of the season.

Rustyspider13

Shinra Employee
Nov 16, 2023
The HR rep at the end of the episode hating on Janine was hilarious!

Glad to see Janine will be back. It felt so off with her working for the district for most of the season.
That was the best joke of the episode for me. Hating on Janine and knocking the nameplate off, all while maintaining the smile, perfect. Also, Tariq is moderating at City Hall now? Next time we see the man he'll be moderating a presidential debate lol.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I actually really disliked the direction the show went in this episode. It was so heavily telegraphed that she was missing being a teacher for a lot of the season. I would have preferred if they were teeing her up to learn that she could help way more kids if she kept advocating for them at the district level. The show kept crowbarring her into episodes so it's not like she was taking a job in another city or anything.

Heck, if she was going to end up back at Abbott, I would have preferred if her offer got revoked for breaking district policy to get that kid back to class.

I think it was exacerbated by my generally not liking the episode. The Bear parody was flimsy. Questlove bit was telegraphed. Melissa's bit almost killed the episode for me. I hope that never comes back.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
I don't like the way they try to cram celeb guest spots. They're never characters, just celebrities as themselves and the characters in the show gushing over them.

Glad they're done with this district shit. Was useless from the start because we all knew it would be return to status quo by the end of the season. Bout as paint-by-numbers as it gets.

Whipwhopper

Oct 7, 2020
Yeah, felt like the whole district thing was a waste of time other than getting the Superintendent pissed at the school

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
Not like this Gregory

The Manny actor cracks me up whenever I see him, Him clapping when he heard she was an EMT

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I would have really liked to see the double date go through without jamming that tired will they/won't they into the mix. They already did this. Book club going wrong immediately and being called out as such was fun.