Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know this is kinda stupid. The only way for this not to be stupid is for this to be a cover for what the meeting was actually about. But that's getting a bit too conspiracy.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
This Congressman shouldn't have spoken until he could have organized his thoughts and did more evaluation. Messy messaging and makes the committee look disorganized, lost and clueless.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I'm confused - did nobody ask the IG why he thought it was urgent?

Oct 25, 2017
...was the IG trying to push conspiracy theories by bringing this stuff or expose how the department is being forced to deal with the distribution of conspiracy theory materials as fact?

the fuck is happening

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
What kind of nothing was this? Nothingburger, Nothingsalad, or Nothingcheesecake? I am confused.

Thanks

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

conspiracy theories about the former ambassador kinda sorta explains how this got spun as being about retaliation

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty disappointed no one posted this:
IpDAgCi.gif

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the implication is that they retaliate by trying to start conspiracy theories about you? And just the laughable, low quality of the evidence? Is that the story the IG is trying to present?

TheExecutive

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

conspiracy theories about the former ambassador kinda sorta explains how this got spun as being about retaliation

I mean I must be missing something because why would the IG show up for an urgent closed door congressional meeting to share some shit written on the back of a napkin that the Secretary of State probably saw?

1. Either we dont know what really happened in there
AND/OR
2. The IG is a fucking idiot
AND/OR
3. The IG deliberately did this, knowing that it was nothing, for either a publicity stunt or to distract the impeachment inquiry.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the implication is that they retaliate by trying to start conspiracy theories about you? And just the laughable, low quality of the evidence? Is that the story the IG is trying to present?
It actually sounds like he just dropped the docs and bailed with no explanation.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people are saying this is nothing. Sounds like someone on team Trump sent a 40 page oppo doc to Pompeo to be used to attack people cooperating with congress. IG guy got it and immediately went to congress with it. Bug questions about where it came from, and if Pompeo was expecting it.

Dec 31, 2017
This is the kind of shit that worries me that the dems are gonna somehow botch this whole thing.

What even was this. Collect your thoughts before you give a statement at least. Also what is this IG even doing lmao?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why people are saying this is nothing. Sounds like someone on team Trump sent a 40 page oppo doc to Pompeo to be used to attack people cooperating with congress. IG guy got it and immediately went to congress with it. Bug questions about where it came from, and if Pompeo was expecting it.
The thing is the IG has had this doc since MAY. So he didn't immediately go to Congress and this has next to nothing to do with the impeachment stuff.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Why was it urgent? Why were the Dems perplexed when they left?

It's not strictly nothing... but it isn't something either (at least, until we know more).

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is this attack on a Schiff for paraphrasing the call the best they've got? Trump keeps harping on about this and it's such a flimsy complaint.

It's effective in giving Republican voters a narrative to deny the charges. If they can be lead to believe that the whole impeachment is based on what Schiff read in Congress, then they can continue to dismiss the charges. Here's a shocking statistic for you. Only 4 in 10 Republicans believed that Trump mentioned Biden on the call, even though this fact is not actually in dispute.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
It sounds like the IG is saying that Pompeo and potentially the whitehouse are circulating garbage conspiracy theories about Staffers as an excuse to fire them, and in reality it's likely retaliation in a cover-up.

My guess is the IG is trying to let Congress know the administration may be using really flimsy "evidence" to push people that are not doing what they want out of office.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017

But what is this about the IG having it in May, and just bringing it now? That doesn't really correspond to the idea that they're trying to intimidate people after being served subpoenas this week.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But what is this about the IG having it in May, and just bringing it now? That doesn't really correspond to the idea that they're trying to intimidate people after being served subpoenas this week.
Maybe the IG saw activities happening that were coming from the doc? That or he sees where Congress is going and trying to come clean.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017

The former ambassador to the Ukraine was replaced just before the Ukraine shit show began. If this is the "reason" they were removed it could speak to her real reason for being fired being that she refused to play ball with Trump RE: Biden and this is the "very good reason" she was replaced just before Trump and Co started their shit show in the Ukraine.

My guess is this was urgent because the IG wanted to get these out there prior to anyone destroying them as we now know the former ambassador intends to cooperate fully.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
It's effective in giving Republican voters a narrative to deny the charges. If they can be lead to believe that the whole impeachment is based on what Schiff read in Congress, then they can continue to dismiss the charges.
God that was such a motherfucking goddamn blunder. Dems are smart in many ways but holy shit can they be completely oblivious to perception and strategy.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, that feels rather substantial.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah MSNBC explaining this is coming now because of recent activities involving people and Ukraine. Means this was something happening back in May.