spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

tumblr_mx8ktfc6vf1t05fhk1y.gif

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
My kind will likely be made illegal in the coming months. Can only hope and pray Canada or some other relatively free country will start accepting trans refugees soon.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
This is way too soon. Completely disrespectful, and gross of him to be talking about that already.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
During his final year in office, Obama had an opportunity to fill a third Supreme Court vacancy, following the February 13, 2016, death of Associate Justice Antonin Scalia. On March 16, 2016, he nominated Merrick Garland, the Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit to the Court.[3] However, Republican leaders in the Senate announced that they planned to withhold voting on any potential nominee until a new president was elected.
Hmm, proof that these people are pure evil you say?

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
its going to be bill barr

I don't know what the logistics of that are legally, but it doesn't matter, because no one with any power is interested in holding the executive branch accountable for anything

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
So if Trump loses the election, wouldn't he still be able to put someone up for other Supreme Court between November and January 20th?

Im not sure how the intermediate phase works

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So if Trump loses the election, wouldn't he still be able to put someone up for other Supreme Court between November and January 20th?

Im not sure how the intermediate phase works

Unless I'm mistaken, the new Congress (including the Senate) actually sits prior to the President's inauguration, earlier in January, so if the dems were to theoretically take the Senate, the timing is actually a little bit smaller, but yes.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I don't know what the logistics of that are legally, but it doesn't matter, because no one with any power is interested in holding the executive branch accountable for anything

Too old and unhealthy. No chance.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017

It's going to be some 30-year old shitheel who can survive on the bench for 50+ years.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
Too old and unhealthy. No chance.
It's going to be some 30-year old shitheel who can survive on the bench for 50+ years.
I'm just despairventing

But on the other hand, the Trump-Republican alliance is based on a coincidental overlap of benefits. Trump doesn't give a shit about Republicans, and isn't going to put the long term aims of the GOP over maximizing the benefit to himself. Maybe it won't end up being him putting his number one anti-law stooge on the SC, but he's gonna wring that seat for all it's worth.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, there's not much time left, are there any "unprecedented" actions that are "uncouth" that the Democrats can take, like lawsuits, not sitting for a quorum, pulling the fire alarm, threatening the government shutdown etc.?

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
People in 2016: "Nah"

What a tired set of responses for a party that only POTUS winner in the last decade wasn't the one they wanted.

That should be stark but instead we have hot takes instead of looking at such facts presented and concluding dems don't put up candidates people really want to vote for.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
We're fucked.

They're going to speedtrack whatever fucking quack (if I recall they really liked the fucking Handmaiden) and there's literally nothing we can do. "GO VOTE" yeah, not this time. We needed to vote 4 years ago to stop this. Mitch will proceed with this even if someone broke into his house and held him at gunpoint to stop. And with that the SCOTUS is fucked for the rest of my life. If Democrats don't take everything and no-mercy change shit I don't know what to do.

Welp, there's that life-crushing despair seeping in. For a while I thought things were actually going to be okay. So much for that.

RoninZ

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so pissed to say the least, but I have a question. If the fucker tries to nominate Cotton or Cruz, they can't vote themselves in can they?

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish the media would come to the realization that the GOP does not posses the 'shame' gene. Nothing matters if it is a 'win' for team GOP. Nothing.