• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PsP8MFH8p0

RottenTomatoes - 86% (28 reviews)

"There is, quite literally, a million good things I can say about this movie, and still, it wouldn't be enough. It's Abigail's world and we're just all living in it now, and honestly?"
- The Mary Sue

"Abigail has humor, action and lots and LOTS of blood. It's hard to stand out in a red sea of vampire movies, but this one does it."
- Salon

"Radio Silence have proven themselves as one of the most exciting, and crucially, fun, voices in the horror genre and Abigail takes this to the next level."
- Den of Geek

"Abigail is a hilariously gory romp that banks on a memorable ensemble cast and a witty screenplay that invigorates vampire tropes with a refreshing drollness."
- IGN

Wanted to throw a quick and dirty OT together for Abigail, since it opens this weekend. After Ready or Not and Scream VI, Radio Silence has entered "automatic opening weekend viewing" territory for me.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
oh wow, I had no idea that Radio Silence was already putting out a new movie so soon, and with Melissa too! Will definitely watch.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ive been seeing a lot of ads for this recently, looks like a fun concept for a horror movie

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh already?? I'll have to see if I can get anyone to go to the movies with me I guess.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Does this technically count as one of those Universal Classic Monsters projects?

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for tomorrow to see it. Huge fan of Radio Silence.

Family has been anticipating this movie since first trailer.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I loved Ready or Not so i'm excited to see this too, it looks great. Good to see it's reviewing well.

I had never heard of it before and when i went to see Monkey Man the trailer that played made it seem like some kind of crime thriller for the first few seconds before the vampire stuff started happening and it has been a while since I've been caught out by a trailer like that lmao

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
Looking forward to this given Radio Silence's great track record. And what an amazing cast, Kathryn Newton is basically a horror icon at this point. Love seeing Dan Stevens too, seems like he's getting a ton of work this year.

deanna_beanna

Prophet of Truth
May 19, 2019
This was a great step up from Scream 5 & 6. Ready or Not is a solid 9 so this is around an 8/10 for me

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I can't wait to stop seeing this preview before every movie lol

But it looks like a ton of fun, I hope they were able to get some good gnarly gore stuff in

PirateHearts

Oct 27, 2017
North Texas
Just got back from seeing it. It's a lot of fun, much closer to the vibe of Ready or Not than Radio Silence's Scream films. I wish the trailers hadn't given so much away, but it was still a fun time.

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed it but also think it would have went better not knowing the twist going in.

Abigail's actress absolutely slays (thank you thank you) her role

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Been looking forward this one. Already looked good but Melissa Barrera starring makes me want to see it on principal.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
It was alright but honestly I'm a bit underwhelmed. Didn't think it was funny, clever, or scary enough to live up to the marketing. Dan Stevens and the girl were great. I thought the script was a mess though. Pacing issues too - I can only imagine the challenge of marketing a movie like this but the vampire reveal happens way too late and I thought the third act dragged on.

Also rolled my eyes when characters split up not once but twice. If you just want some gory fun it's absolutely fine but it's nowhere near as good as Ready or Not.

Wasn't a fan of the subplot with Melissa's character having a son and her whole truce with the vampire girl. Just felt a bit lazy and sanitised. Would've been more interesting if all the humans were just huge assholes with no gooey backstories

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
One of the most fun movies I've enjoyed in a while, better than I expected.
Very much like Ready or Not but just not as great

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What a great movie.

Radio Silence seems to really keep improving with their movies. It was an energetic clever twist to the expected vampire tale. Love Abigail!

Can't wait for Ready or Not Part 2.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I've got tickets to see it tomorrow at 7:00. Sounds like we still eatin' good in 2024 fellow horror fans!

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing it tomorrow with a friend. First movie i'll have seen in theaters since the 2015 release of Fury Road.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Liked it, but man, I kinda wished I didn't see Ready or Not again before this because you see some shared notes with that movie.

Newton being a vampire had to be the main reason she wanted to be in this lol.