• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
As a huge Splinter Cell fan, this is exactly why I'm confused that people actually want another Splinter Cell. Yes it's been a long time and yes it would be nice to see it again, but we all know it's just gonna be another Ghost Recon: Wildlands type of game.

Eyad

Nov 17, 2020
I'm open for new ways to play Splinter Cell. Just don't make it a Ubisoft open world.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm good with open world, but they can fuck off if they include NFT's

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
If it's like MGSV I'd have no problem with that, but it's more than likely that it will be locked to the Ubisoft Formula.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
And you can get your own Sam Fisher Goggles NFT, unique to you!

The only difference is a number you can only see when zoomed in reaaaaaal close.

Pyroblazer

Oct 30, 2017
What does "Open World like Halo Infinite" even mean? I thought the OW there is already Ubisoft-like with Icons and repetitive busy work.
Sounds like a bummer to me, why do they feel the need to make all their games Open World? Just give me a linear stealth game, at best give me some bigger sandbox level in the vein of Hitman or Dishonored. Open World stealth unfortunately didn't work at all for me already with MGS5.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
A large part of Splinter Cell to me was sneaking through urban areas and office buildings. Levels like the CIA, The Bank and Displace are my favorites in the series.

I don't want another forest, jungle or desert open world where I'm constantly stealth killing enemies in outposts.

I'm very used to being disappointed by Ubisoft so my hopes are low.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It could work I guess. Probably if it's more in the MGSV format rather than a Wildlands. I just hope we get a good SC game.

Thicc Anomaly

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2021
So Assassin's Creed with Stealth and microtransactios. I hope it's good and doesn't turn into another every other year game or Gaas title.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
ugh-no.gif

And don't think for a second Ubisoft will be able to present us with any sort of open world gameplay similar to MGSV. All of their games feel samey, and I expect new SC will be no different.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
It is possible to do an open world that would suit Splinter Cell. Something like MGSV or Hitman. But I also have zero faith Ubi will actually do any of that and instead make it like Ghost Recon.

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Of course it's Open World :sigh:
The IP may as well be dead, as I have no confidence in current Ubisoft to make a great Splinter Cell game or singleplayer games in general.

It may work in an open world if the missions are like MGSV Ground Zeroes, but it's Ubisoft we are talking so everything will be bloated.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Copy MGSV's gameplay loop from top to bottom and I'm there

If this is just a re-skinned Breakpoint like I predicted before, I am so out