• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting an extra month and a half for a digital only version that doesn't even include all the languages the games were previously translated to sounds like a no brainer...

Yeah as a huge fan, I'll probably import the JP Switch version instead at some point and only for collection purposes, since these versions are quite ugly.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
It's $40 AUD ($27 USD) on the Australia eShop. The screen capture is from the Australian eShop, where the game now be pre-loaded.

ggx2ac OP needs to be updated to avoid more confusion.

phonix-wright-eshop-1000x563.jpg

Deleted member 9330

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm, get it on Switch or my iPad.... legitimately torn. The game works really well with touch controls, and on iOS there's the follow-up games as well already released. But iOS is notoriously bad for game longevity since each major version changes a lot of APIs and a lot of games don't update to fix new issues.

Oct 29, 2017
Neato?

I do own the games on several platforms at this point and I don't necessarily feel that this is a series that I would want to revisit again just because it's on the Switch.

So long as Capcom doesn't use the "success" of this title as some kind of consumer test about whether they should localize Dai Gyakuten Saiban, then I'm always happy for more people to get exposure to AA.

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, get it on Switch or my iPad.... legitimately torn. The game works really well with touch controls, and on iOS there's the follow-up games as well already released. But iOS is notoriously bad for game longevity since each major version changes a lot of APIs and a lot of games don't update to fix new issues.

The iOS ports of the original trilogy are dreadful. Go Switch on this one.

ShinNoNoir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Can I buy the Japanese version digitially on an american switch?
Yes, you can. The Switch is region free. All you need is an extra user profile on your Switch which is linked to a Japanese Nintendo Account, which you can then use to enter the JP eShop.

Now, buying from the JP eShop is a bit trickier. You'll have to get somehow funds on to it. Either via Japanese eShop cards or via a Japanese PayPal account. Trying to use a non-JP credit card doesn't work.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Could $40 be the price for a non-US region? Maybe CAD?

EDIT: that PG is from the Australian ratings board, right?

Last edited:

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes, you can. The Switch is region free. All you need is an extra user profile on your Switch which is linked to a Japanese Nintendo Account, which you can then use to enter the JP eShop.

Now, buying from the JP eShop is a bit trickier. You'll have to get somehow funds on to it. Either via Japanese eShop cards or via a Japanese PayPal account. Trying to use a non-JP credit card doesn't work.

If I redeem a JP eShop code from Amazon JP will eShop still recognize I own the game when I change my region back to America?

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I redeem a JP eShop code from Amazon JP will eShop still recognize I own the game when I change my region back to America?

There is no region change. You buy the game on the jpn eshop with your jpn nintendo account and then that game is free for all users to play, even the ones that go to an US eshop.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People can also buy the eShop game code straight from Amazon Japan instead of eShop credit.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B07NDKPPX1/

I ordered this. Although, my purchase is being verified for like over 3 hours now :/
(I remember something similar happened with MK8D but eventually went through)

Deleted member 9857

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There is no region change. You buy the game on the jpn eshop with your jpn nintendo account and then that game is free for all users to play, even the ones that go to an US eshop.
I heard that you can just change the region on your eShop account so it's tied to your actual account and not a dummy account

NeoPancho

Nov 3, 2017
These games are perfectly translated (and dubbed the few voices there are) to Spanish in the DS version of the games, but it was missing in the 3DS trilogy and once again in the Switch... at least French and German are getting patched, which i think were not available in 3DS...

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I heard that you can just change the region on your eShop account so it's tied to your actual account and not a dummy account

Ooooh that way is far trickier. You would have to make sure you buy and leave no change left behind. I heard that if you have money in your account left over they wont let you switch regions.

Deleted member 9857

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ooooh that way is far trickier. You would have to make sure you buy and leave no change left behind. I heard that if you have money in your account left over they wont let you switch regions.

yeah I just need to buy something ~$10 to empty my American balance and then I plan to just grab a code for the game from Amazon JP to avoid the headache of credit balances on that side

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been wanting to play the Ace Attorney Trilogy in its most "definitive" state. I only played through the first game on DS, didn't get too far on the second, heard the iOS ports were godawful but the 3DS version was apparently good...but at this point I think I'd prefer playing it on the TV.

So how's this Switch version rank?

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile

Not exactly. Some credit cards don't work, but my Chilean credit card works on both my US and Japanese accounts.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
For the record, this isn't up in the US eshop yet, so I don't think anyone knows the actual price.

But man, Capcom. Is there any particular reason for this to come out over a month later, with no physical version, when the localizations they're apparently adding in won't even be ready in time for launch? How did they botch this so bad, lol

Well, hopefully the games turn out well regardless. How is the port, from anyone who's playing the JP versions?

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Still no official word on the Western release date for the game, however I'm guessing with the Eshop listing and now this Xbox One listing posted by Major Nelson, you can expect the western release of the game around April 8th - 9th.

https://majornelson.com/2019/02/26/...gital-pre-order-and-pre-download-on-xbox-one/

Still don't know if the PC version is as well but we'll see.

EDIT: Updated to include the price of the game is listed as $29.99

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Is it actually $40? If so that's some major BS considering you can import it for cheaper 6 weeks earlier
Wait, it's really $40? Good lord. It cost me less including shipping to import a physical copy from Japan which already arrived yesterday.
40usd is a bit absurd for digital.
40 Australian dollars.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
$30 US is seeming like the likely price point for this then, right? Weird that they haven't made an eshop page yet.

FuzzyAssassin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
$29.99 USD confirmed via the Xbox store. I imagine the eShop page will go up at midnight Pacific time.

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
With what taxes are here, I actually got a physical copy of the game from Japan+shipping cheaper than what it would've cost me digital-only here, lol

Amazing.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
When is the actual announcement that Capcom teased? Can we get a tease to tease the announcement teaser?

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Went for the Amazon JP route. :) I just like those Switch boxes.
At this point, the price is basically the same. I spent 35€ (shipping included - and I didn't have to pay for fees), just 5€ more than the digital price.
If they did a physical box also in Europe, then maybe it would have cheaper (and also the box would have been nicer, with descriptions I could have read) but knowing Capcom...

Oct 25, 2017

Anshelm

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone have trouble buying the game code from Amazon Japan? I just get error "Something went wrong" when trying to checkout.

Iceberg

Oct 28, 2017