• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Akita One

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone play Ace Combat Infinity? The multiplayer is amazing...the devs basically said that the money made from ACI financed AC7 LOLOL

Oct 26, 2017
Never played but one of my friends is a huge fan. Feels like he's been talking about 7 forever and how he can't wait to play it.

ClubNorth

Banned for having an alt account
Jan 17, 2018
so whose the bad guy suppose to be Eruseas or Osea? who was the aggressor?

Cheesy

Oct 30, 2017
How well do the old PS2 games emulate? I've unfortunately only played Zero on PSP, and Ace Combat 6.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
A played Ace Combat 2 a lot.

I had the original PS One Analog controller for it. NO rumble but it was still cool.

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Belkan and Unsung war veteran here. Haven't played 6 so I'm really excited to finally see a ace combat in HD.

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did...totally playable but the textures (especially on the ground) are totally messed up...

Nnn last time i tried in 1.50, i managed to have most perfectly playable, just had to play a tad with half pixels and mip maps to remove the artifacts. When islands are noise-free it's won for the whole game :)
ac4orqiy.jpg

ac529r93.jpg

EE:recompiler,IOP:recompiler,EE/FPU Chop, Clamping: full
VU0:microVU,VU1:microVU
Roundmode:Chop, clamping mode: Extra+Preserve sign
speedhacks:EE=0, VU=0,INTC,Wait Loop, MVU Flag, MTVU
no game fixes
Gdsx11:d3d, bilinear PS2, large framebutter,3x native,basic mipmap,aggressive crc hack, HW Hacks: align sprite,half pixel special texture

Last edited:

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
I remember having this back in late 2004:

ixFrosi.jpg

Although, I never had the strategy guide book.

bEIvn4P.jpg

So yeah, I hope there's an equivalent bundle for Ace Combat 7.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
I've only played AC6 and AH. I liked the semi realistic feel to this game. The boss fights were really fun.

While I prefer the combat design of this series, I remembered I really liked the GUI and crossover with the Ghost in HAWX. Both are good, really.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play Ace Combat Infinity? The multiplayer is amazing...the devs basically said that the money made from ACI financed AC7 LOLOL
I played the hell out of it originally, even got my Wardog F14 in the first tournament.
however PS4 releasing soon after killed it for me.

I think it was a huge mistake not just throwing it up on PS4 at launch when there wasn't much to play.

Hamblasto

Oct 27, 2017
I'll admit that the Idolmaster jets in 6 are what got me to get the game, but I ended up getting sucked into the franchise.

I followed it up with Assault Horizon (bleh), then moved on to Assault Horizon Legacy (yay). I recently finished Zero and impulse bought 4, 5 and X afterwards.

Also, Sky Crawlers <3

NotBacon

Oct 27, 2017
Played Air Combat (the original), 3, 4, Zero, and 6. AC4 and AC0 were the best. My body is ready for 7.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
I played them all including the DS Assault Horizon, except Assault Horizon on consoles/PC.

Ace Combat 4 is my favorite, if not one of my favorite games of all time. I went in not expecting much, having played Ace Combat 3 with a completely neutered story, and then I got to that missions where you are flying over a city at night, trying to liberate it, and the people on the ground were freaking out trying to find out whether your plane was in the sky. That right there cemented AC4 as one of my favorite games of all time.

The narrative outside the cutscenes was so simplistic and yet so effective, made you feel like you were actually making a difference in the game world. Also, the last mission, when the music kicks in and your wing man says how all fighters are sporting the ribbon insignia so the enemy wouldn't know who to go after was just wild.

Nov 10, 2017
Houston, TX
The only Ace Combat game I've played is 4... and I loved it! I remember being blown away by the graphics it was able to pump out on the PS2, and the gameplay was so fun! I'm excited to jump back into the series.

OP
OP
Akita One

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I played the hell out of it originally, even got my Wardog F14 in the first tournament.
however PS4 releasing soon after killed it for me.

I think it was a huge mistake not just throwing it up on PS4 at launch when there wasn't much to play.

TBH, I think they were shocked at how successful it was. It was clear they never had any kind of long-term strategy for it.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
the unnecessary hate 6 and assault horizon get is terrible, they were both fantastic. AH being in real world was kind of a bummer but it was still really fun.

I am super excited for AC7.

Oct 27, 2017
7 is definately in my list
started with ace 2 and played all afterwards. Still nothing beats the beauty of sky in ace 6. I was truly amazed the first time went through the campaign. story was meh compared to 5 and zero. but I really enjoyed it.

after that all my love was killed with AH. nothing in that felt like an ACE game. and the worst part ? on rail dog fight ! seriously wtf !

everything they have shown regarding ACE 7 makes me happy that they went back to the traditional ACE world and mechanics. I hope to see some exciting characters and teams like in Zero. if anybody remembers Wizzard team or Sorcerer !

Asator

Oct 27, 2017
Because it was an Xbox 360 exclusive and it had the cheesiest fucking catch phrase ("Go dance with the angels!").
Also a pretty mediocre story. Focusing on the civilians/people on the ground instead of the pilots made the story quite boring for me.

Gameplay was pretty good however.

Oct 27, 2017
Loved Ace Combat 6. Was lucky and got the flight stick and throttle set with the game on 360. Dog fighting online was amazing. Really hoping they have something similar for the XB1X. Will be day 1 buy!

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait. Pretty much the only game I want this year besides SotC and Dark Souls.

It would be so great if they announced a 4, 5, 0 collection or even a PS2 classic release on the PS4...

I even played AC Infinity, which was fine, and I actually spent the equivalent to a full retail game. Too bad it's only on PS3.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Because it was an Xbox 360 exclusive and it had the cheesiest fucking catch phrase ("Go dance with the angels!").

The cringe dialogue is on another level. I almost had to mute it.

Well yes the story was complete ass, and some of the missions were on the longish side, but the gameplay was still there, the generational jump was amazing, all those fighters and jet trails in the sky was amazing. Plus it was an Ace Combat game with a competent analog stick! None of that dual shock 2 shit.

Jackpot

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yes. They saturated the map with targets. There were so many that even destroying dozens of them felt like it had no impact on the mission. They would also cram 3 simultaneous objective paths into each mission, which resulted in a guaranteed failure of 2 of them and tons of conflicting dialogue samples being played over each other. It completely destroyed the narrative flow of the missions.

Oct 27, 2017
Well yes the story was complete ass, and some of the missions were on the longish side, but the gameplay was still there, the generational jump was amazing, all those fighters and jet trails in the sky was amazing. Plus it was an Ace Combat game with a competent analog stick! None of that dual shock 2 shit.

Besides, Strigon team had no personality or prestige in compare to squadrons in Zero and add the civilian involvement in the most non-sens way to it.

Gabora

Oct 25, 2017
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Well yeah, I seriously don't remember the story beats. I remember the missions structure being a little off, like Jackpot mentioned. The only mission I truly remember was one you had to take down a giant flying aircraft carrier, and the first missions having an obscene amount of targets to shoot down.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ace Combat 6 was actually revealed first then announced later it was a 360 exclusive, so a lot of AC fans bought PS3s in anticipation and were justifiably angry with it.

We did have HAWX, which was a competent enough AC clone with a good online, but HAWX2 was an unfinished mess, and then AH was an abomination.

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I played AC2, AC3 JP ver, AC4, AC5 and Zero.

AC6 and Assault Horizon as well.

I love AC2, it had amazing gameplay and graphics for a early PS1 game. 3 looked even better, but had shitty controls. I do like it though and its clearly the most progressive game in the franchise. The western version is whatever, its butchered.

AC4 I liked, but I felt it had too many ground targets. I played it after 5 and I have to say I think its kind of overrated. Its good but there are at least 2 or 3 games I rank higher.

AC5 was brilliant, but the story and banter gets cringy. At the time, it was my fave in the series. But that goes to Zero which I just enjoyed the most. And that flamenco music is insane.

AC6 is a piece of shit. Its 30fps, cluttered as fuck and I didn't like the missions. God awful story and cutscenes. God awful dialogue. Fuck that game tbh. Assault Horizon was CoDified, its a silly entry but I enjoyed the eye candy. Its only good for one playthrough though, its extremely scripted.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I played all the post-PS1 games except Ace Combat 4, which I wanna get to sometime before AC7 comes out.

Honestly, from what I can tell the PS2 games kinda perfected the format of the game, which I guess is why they tried what they tried with Assault Horizon and are doing little things here and there with AC7. And I think the main thing that keeps people coming back is actually the music.

atmegatron

Dec 27, 2017
Played the first 3 back on PSX, and also 4 on PS2 - looking forward to 7 in the hopes of it reigniting that old flavour, would be really cool to play a "classic" AC with modern graphics!