• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

Credits to /u/AnotherAnon2330 for creating this awesome hardware mod.

Highly not recommended, due to the difficulty of the hardware modding process.

This is, as far as I know, the first solar-energy-powered gaming 3D-capable handheld device on a Nintendo console. Not sure if it's the first gaming device playable via solar-energy.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
This is, as far as I know, the first solar-energy-powered gaming 3D-capable handheld device on a Nintendo console. Not sure if it's the first gaming device playable via solar-energy.
Just to be clear, it doesn't seem like solar can sustain the wattage required to run the thing; it takes over a day to charge.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
How effective could this be? My understanding is that it takes hours for a solar panel to charge a phone battery, let alone power an active game system.

OP
OP
delete12345

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

Pikma

Banned
Feb 8, 2021

Credits to /u/AnotherAnon2330 for creating this awesome hardware mod.

Highly not recommended, due to the difficulty of the hardware modding process.

It certainly is not the first solar powered gaming device, pretty sure that'd be something like the Bandai LCD Solarpower Game & Watch from 1982.