WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
ICE Director Calls For Arrest Of 'Sanctuary' City And State Officials via Talking Points Memo

The acting director of Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Tuesday advocated for the arrest of local and state government officials who don't cooperate with federal immigration agents.

"This is a victimization of the American community," Thomas Homan told Fox News' Neil Cavuto. "This isn't the America I grew up in. We've got to take these sanctuary cities on. We've got to take them to court, and we've got to start charging some of these politicians with crimes."

A civil servant, not a political appointee. Well, yet.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
ICE must be one of those organizations that you have to be a shitty person to be in. I'm not sure how anyone with a good conscious can be apart of those scumbags.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I think it's about time to drag mr trump and his pack of billionaires out of office.

Nothing they do is productive it's just a destructive party.

Oct 28, 2017
He's right. He's totally right. We do need to start charging some of these politicians with crimes...

Let's start at the White House.

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
The first thing the Democrats must do when they retake power is disband ICE permanently.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Look how close we are to being Nazis at literally all times

LOOK HOW CLOSE WE ARE

MangaFan462

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Calls for arrest seem a bit drastic but something needs to be done, sanctuary cities are bullshit and need to go. Illegal immigration adds too much crime and poverty, my own city would be better off if it wasn't a 'sanctuary'.

Deleted member 11157

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah guys, let's look on at the positive side of ripping parents away from kids and sending them back to warzones.

Fuck ICE.

Dont be reasonable and mature this is a stealth trump bashing thread get with the program. We can ignore any law that does not fit with our political views.
I hope you don't speed. I hope you signal when you turn. I hope you don't have more than one drink an evening and then drive.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Calls for arrest seem a bit drastic but something needs to be done, sanctuary cities are bullshit and need to go. Illegal immigration adds too much crime and poverty, my own city would be better off if it wasn't a 'sanctuary'.
Anime girl avatar, I know, but immigrants are statistically more law-abiding than their American-born counterparts. Not to mention that in sanctuary cities, immigrants are far more likely to assist law enforcement without any fear of deportation.

Oct 28, 2017
You do know there is more to the forum then US citizen and US two political parties?

Ok, should I have said liberals, then? Who is most likely to pick at the low hanging fruit of ICE? Democrats, correct? It's easy to snipe at ICE, paint them as storm troopers, and ignore the fact that a good percentage - in whom many Dems can be included - of this country is fed up with illegal immigration. Dems want to talk about ICE, but they ignore many among their own base who are opposed to illegal immigration.

Last edited:

TarNaru33

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.ice.gov/

Under the What We Do tab. Look at all those shitty people doing shitty things.

Just an FYI, much of that could be done by organizations that were created before ICE, which was created after the 9/11. So most people here is still not going to like ICE and see no reason for it existing.

To respond to the thread, I am pretty sure there is no legal basis to arrest public officials for not actively aiding the federal government. They can't impede, but they don't have to help, I am pretty sure. Someone tell me if I am wrong on that.

Ok, should I have said liberals, then? Who is most likely to pick at the low hanging fruit of ICE? Democrats, correct? It's easy to snipe at ICE, paint them as storm troopers
, and ignore the fact that a good percentage - in whom many Dems can be included - of this country is fed up with illegal immigration. Dems want to talk about ICE, but they ignore many among their own base who are opposed to illegal immigration.

Most people are opposed to illegal immigration, even Democrats. The difference here is that Democrats in general is for a more streamlined immigration process and is not for going to homes of illegals who been here for years without issue to deport them.

If you have been here illegal or not for years without a criminal record, there is no real reason to deport them, destroying their life and the life of their family. So many of them are here, that it is more feasible to grant citizenship so they can stop hiding in the shadows.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Ok, should I have said liberals, then? Who is most likely to pick at the low hanging fruit of ICE? Democrats, correct? It's easy to snipe at ICE, paint them as storm troopers
, and ignore the fact that a good percentage - in whom many Dems can be included - of this country is fed up with illegal immigration. Dems want to talk about ICE, but they ignore many among their own base who are opposed to illegal immigration.
They're racists fed up with nonwhite immigration. God forbid they have to press one for English, but a model lying about her credentials and marrying a crooked land developer is totally fine if she winds up the First Lady.

Oct 28, 2017
Anime girl avatar, I know, but immigrants are statistically more law-abiding than their American-born counterparts. Not to mention that in sanctuary cities, immigrants are far more likely to assist law enforcement without any fear of deportation.

Immigrants are not illegal, though. You open your statement with a fallacy. They came here illegally, so how are they law abiding? Every minute they remain without going through the proper immigration channels is a minute they are in violation of the law.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, should I have said liberals, then? Who is most likely to pick at the low hanging fruit of ICE? Democrats, correct? It's easy to snipe at ICE, paint them as storm troopers, and ignore the fact that a good percentage - in whom many Dems can be included - of this country is fed up with illegal immigration. Dems want to talk about ICE, but they ignore many among their own base who are opposed to illegal immigration.

I'm fed up with people who are fed up with illegal immigration.

Oct 28, 2017
Most people are opposed to illegal immigration, even Democrats. The difference here is that Democrats in general is for a more streamlined immigration process and is not for going to homes of illegals who been here for years without issue to deport them.

If you have been here illegal or not for years without a criminal record, there is no real reason to deport them, destroying their life and the life of their family. So many of them are here, that it is more feasible to grant citizenship so they can stop hiding in the shadows.

You say they've been here "without issue," and I say you're wrong. When they rent themselves out for pennies to fill jobs that would otherwise be held by currently unemployed Americans, it's an issue. When they drain resources without contributing an equal amount to our economy, it's an issue. So, you are wrong, along with anyone else who chooses to ignore the impact unchecked illegal immigration has had on Americans.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Ridiculous.

If I'm not mistaken ICE also handles human trafficking, so there is value in the agency.

Oct 28, 2017
They're racists fed up with nonwhite immigration. God forbid they have to press one for English, but a model lying about her credentials and marrying a crooked land developer is totally fine if she winds up the First Lady.

You realize how many African Americans are opposed to illegal immigration? A lot. Are we racist, too?

MangaFan462

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Immigrants are not illegal, though. You open your statement with a fallacy. They came here illegally, so how are they law abiding? Every minute they remain without going through the proper immigration channels is a minute they are in violation of the law.

Thanks for backing me up. It's too bad a lot of users here remain so blind and ignorant to the realities of illegal immigration.

I mean, we don't even take care of our homeless problems properly and certain people want open borders and the nanny state to provide for everyone.

It just doesn't end well for people not fit for our society.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WedgeX

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
, and ignore the fact that a good percentage - in whom many Dems can be included - of this country is fed up with illegal immigration.
Dems want to talk about ICE, but they ignore many among their own base who are opposed to illegal immigration.

Might want to cite your claims.

Per Pew:

ab23999e-86f2-4bd3-b76bqqo.png

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/08/24/what-americans-want-to-do-about-illegal-immigration/

And:

Most Americans continue to oppose U.S. border wall, doubt Mexico would pay for it

As well:

https://abload.de/img/01cc15de-879a-48c0-a0zluio.png

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...an-important-goal-for-u-s-immigration-policy/

These are all before the Muslim ban, which further changed American views of immigration.

Last edited:

Panda

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
These posts are pretty bad and ignorant. Local and state officials aren't required to enforce federal immigration law.

They might be required to, but ignore it completely is another thing. To selectively choose what laws they will and wont based on fed requirements leads to the lovely shit show you have. You can talk technical process all you want but a crime has been committed and has been chosen to be ignored leading to a double legal standard for people that follow the law.

And for the person saying illegals commit less crime - these stat were never collected so could never be confirmed. However now the stats are out and show 20-30% more in serious crime and jail for immigrants - what a surprise to learn why they were never collected before to support an agenda.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/depa...elease-data-incarcerated-aliens-94-percent-al
https://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/statistics_inmate_citizenship.jsp

l