• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Newlove

Oct 28, 2017
England
Good work. Such a ridiculous idea. I don't think anyone would disagree with this move. But if so...goodluck-morganfreeman.gif

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure I like this.

I get active shooter and myabe even "white power" depending on the context of the game. But did any of those other ones defy Steam's terms of service?

Oct 25, 2017
Their storefront, their rules. Though I imagine this is due to the controversy and not any moral imperative.

Still hoping for good news with that whole VN debacle.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
And nothing of value was lost. Just heard about this "game" on NBC Nightly News, the story written before confirmation on whether Valve would actually do anything. Clearly not the sort of attention the company wanted for Steam, but still odd that White Power: Pure Voltage was something they saw and Valve thought, "Okay, put this here".

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
White Power: Pure Voltage?

Glad they got this entire catalog outta here. Lord.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
They knew it would garner a ton of negative attention which would inevitably lead to more sales than they've ever seen before. Much like what happened with Hatred.
Yep. All you had to do was go on the Steam forums for this and see tons of posts saying "I'm buying this just to trigger the snowflakes! LOL!"

Helel

Oct 27, 2017
The fucked up part is if this was done tastefully, I could see it being interesting subject matter and similar to Life is Strange.

This only makes me want Life is Strange 2 to tackle this issue tastefully.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
And nothing of value was lost. Just heard about this "game" on NBC Nightly News, the story written before confirmation on whether Valve would actually do anything. Clearly not the sort of attention the company wanted for Steam, but still odd that White Power: Pure Voltage was something they saw and Valve thought, "Okay, put this here".

How did d nbc know about this game before we did? It's all highly suspect but if it was real I'm glad it's gone.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
And nothing of value was lost.

This crap was sad and pathetic back when it was restricted to free flash games. No one should be charging money for this trash.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
The fucked up part is if this was done tastefully, I could see it being interesting subject matter and similar to Life is Strange.

This only makes me want Life is Strange 2 to tackle this issue tastefully.

Even with good satire this could be decent but they just bleh.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Great news. Good job to everyone who reported it (altho it was more likely the media heat that caused its removal)

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
Why did they think a game like that was a good idea?

Notoriety. I'm sure that the developers were well aware that games like White Power and Tyde Pod Challenge would get pulled off of Steam eventually. But made them anyway to bank on the controversy that could come out of them. Even if it is a limited window, they could still get get a few sales from people who want these games just so they cal say that they own them, before they were pulled from Steam.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Thank goodness. I'm very glad this trash is gone .

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing of value was lost and this is well within Valve's right as a private corporation operating a private digital store to remove it.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017

I get active shooter and myabe even "white power" depending on the context of the game. But did any of those other ones defy Steam's terms of service?
When Valve sever their business relationship with a dev they will generally remove all their games from sale, without exception.
(Because if they still sold any of them they would also still have a business relationship with the dev ;))

I miss the days when it was hard to get a game on steam....
I don't, that was terrible.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly surprised that shit was pulled off the moment an actual Valve employee logged in and saw "recently added".

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

you "get" white power depending on the context?

Valve is a private company - they can adjust ToS or remove stuff that hurts their company at their discretion

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
This story was getting a lot of play. They were even talking about it on a sports talk radio station I listen too. As good as this is getting pulled, I could see this popping up elsewhere with all the publicity.