• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have an exact quote, but Activision Blizzard's CEO just thanked Fortnite for growing gaming among all demographics.

He then noted he was very excited for Black Ops 4's release later this year.

I thought I'd post this just in case you needed any more evidence that Battle Royale was coming to Black Ops 4.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
In other news, Blizzard is quickly developing a Battle Royale mode for Overwatch

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if this COD BR mode will look so unlike COD usually looks, more like Fortnite?

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I wonder if this COD BR mode will look so unlike COD usually looks, more like Fortnite?

When you put it that way I think it would be easy for EA to resurrect the Battlefield Heroes spinoff to make it a BR game. Aesthetics are pretty similar to Fortnite's I think.

$

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
When you put it that way I think it would be easy for EA to resurrect the Battlefield Heroes spinoff to make it a BR game. Aesthetics are pretty similar to Fortnite's I think.

$
talk about a blast from the past. I beta tested that game

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Blizzard takes their time and polishes the hell out of a game, but they don't wait for certain windows either, when the game is done it gets released immediately.

Per a former Blizzard employee I listen to on a podcast.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
I think one of the coolest understated thing Fortnite did was randomize the player character between male and female along with different POC. Was pretty surprised and it was just a neat idea.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
I think any game that introduces gaming to a larger audience is fantastic, and I can't wait to see more and more games are developed across mobile platforms as well as console/PC.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for luring other people into the core gamer demographic, where our games are targeted towards...
It works. Some games have to do it.

BT-787

Oct 26, 2017
In other news, Blizzard is quickly developing a Battle Royale mode for Overwatch

According to Blizzard's lead engineer on Overwatch late last year:

"That would be really fun. We certainly fantasise what Battle Royale would be like in the Overwatch universe. But we have nothing to announce as of now. It's cool to see genres like that pick up steam and really see how industries react to a new genre as the case may be," he says, then hints at possible technical limitations.

"That's a factor [the net code] when you talk about games at that scale, that's absolutely a factor. It's certainly an exciting assignment for me as an engineer who has worked on game architecture and net code to solve that problem. Overwatch as it is today works with 12 players."

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

$
This looks like it'd be cool!

But I hope its more like BF1943. I want an FPS mode that is bright and nice to look at