• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
So, right now the conspiracy going around is that I lied about Vic assaulting me. I've never once said he assaulted me. They link back to a Facebook comment on my fan page saying that I once had an unpleasant interaction with him. Now I'm a lying whore. I mean, how dare I have an unpleasant interaction with him once and it not actually be assault, right?
His fans will jump on anything remotely negative about him right now. They're like trying really hard to silence anymore shit about him. Fuck those assholes.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
It's unfortunately not an uncommon situation for misogynists to have no idea what the people they're so angry about actually did or said, since they're really just reacting to a fearmonger telling them that they did something bad.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up after Katsucon - where, by the way, I found another anti-Vic cosplay (a Tamaki holding up a sign saying his voice actor was an asshole) and absolutely nothing supporting him.

Good for Pensacon for standing up for the safety of their guests and attendees.

Fuck all the people who try to twist a statement that literally just says "don't harass anyone or you will be forced to leave" into something it's not.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Catching up after Katsucon - where, by the way, I found another anti-Vic cosplay (a Tamaki holding up a sign saying his voice actor was an asshole) and absolutely nothing supporting him.

Good for Pensacon for standing up for the safety of their guests and attendees.

Fuck all the people who try to twist a statement that literally just says "don't harass anyone or you will be forced to leave" into something it's not.

Damn, Pensacon has no patience for scumbags. Mad respect to those guys.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Good on that convention. That's the stance all conventions should take against these shit stains.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I watched a little bit of a video earlier--less than a minute, but just enough--to hear somebody say that Sean Schemmel "betrayed the fans" by not siding with Vic and went "full SJW." What complete and utter horseshit.

All these people crying for evidence rustles the fuck out of my jimmies, too. Like, what fucking evidence do you want? What possible evidence could there be? A fingerprint from when Vic grabbed the ass of a girl in full body paint?

Shit gets me heated, seriously.

But BUt? HAVENT YOU SEEN THAT AWESOME VIDEO WHERE A GUY HAS ZERO SOURCES AND CLAIMS THIS PLUS THERE IS A COMSPRIICAY TO GET HIM FIRED SO MONICA CAN TAKE ALL HIS ROLES EVEN IF IT MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE?!?!?!?

/s for real. That got me heated as shit to see 2 videos like that out there where i did genuine reserach to see if there is a source and the only source is that same fuckin video that contains only hearsay and no sources... The fuckin irony of it all where they claim the same shit. GOD

I mean, Vic is the sole singular reason the Broly movie did as well as it did.

No exaggeration, this is a legit argument these trolls are making.
If it wasnt for Vic, anime wouldnt be a thing at all
I serously saw this argument used alongside yours.

So, right now the conspiracy going around is that I lied about Vic assaulting me. I've never once said he assaulted me. They link back to a Facebook comment on my fan page saying that I once had an unpleasant interaction with him. Now I'm a lying whore. I mean, how dare I have an unpleasant interaction with him once and it not actually be assault, right?

How dare delusional dumbasses make up their own story pulled out of their ass? My WORD.

Serious talk though, ignore them. You have amazing strength to put up with it all. Keep it up. its inspriing.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My brother randomly brought this up to me earlier. He recounted that earlier this year, he was at a convention and was going to get me Vic's autograph. He noted the following

• If you did not bring your own item, if you were even allowed, Vic's booth only provided various photos of a lame glam shot of his face, with a small square in the corner with different characters he voiced on different pics.
  • He would be uncaring to a majority of males, citing only "next" as they came up
  • The same is said to pretty much any so called "unattractive" or "overweight" girls as well
  • However, an attractive you girl, usually wearing cosplay, he would give all the attention to. Some got free pictures where yes, he would touch without being asked such as a hand on a shoulder or thigh, a little to close to certain body parts. Or even just close in general. No one freaked out, but it was not asked for either.
  • It can be noted as it was an anime convention, many of those girls were wearing cosplay of a......variety if character types so to speak, and nothing to say if all of them were of age or not. Not that he ever asked
  • Needless to say the line was too long and he didn't get anything signed either. Which is good in hindsight. Plus I already have awkward stock signed photos of Sabat and Schemmel already lol

I mean, Vic is the sole singular reason the Broly movie did as well as it did.

No exaggeration, this is a legit argument these trolls are making.

He Vic is why it did so well in all the other countries where it was releases subbed and etc

The few lines he spoke as Broly transcended the world without being heard!

the Japanese Va crushes Vic anyway

Last edited:

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
It is frustrating that there are no other big name YouTubers who are willing to step up and take the other side of the argument and actually account for everything that has truly happened historically rather than the alt-right conspiracy theories. I could lay out everything point-by-point but it wouldn't matter because they're already threatening to kill me, so why would I think they'd actually listen? For that very reason, I guess I don't blame anybody else for not stepping up to fight back against ignorance and intolerance. But it is very heartbreaking to me at the moment.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I sort of feel like nobody should be able to infringe on copyright and profit off of any of this one way or the other, and yet here we are.

These people and their types are pretty bad at symbols. The optics of having your mascot be a insane self destructive engine of chaos

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
It is frustrating that there are no other big name YouTubers who are willing to step up and take the other side of the argument and actually account for everything that has truly happened historically rather than the alt-right conspiracy theories. I could lay out everything point-by-point but it wouldn't matter because they're already threatening to kill me, so why would I think they'd actually listen? For that very reason, I guess I don't blame anybody else for not stepping up to fight back against ignorance and intolerance. But it is very heartbreaking to me at the moment.

I'd like to think a lot of it is because they see the battle as being over, that #KickVic has already won. But that doesn't help you, and I do hope the shit you have to put up with abates soon. Please stick around on here whenever you need support.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018

Aye, it's a shame to see folks with sizeable platforms not take advantage of that for topics like this. While I get not wanting blowback, they could have such an effect on influencing progressive rhetoric and helping allies in need, especially given they usually have impressionable fanbases.

That's been especially laughable with a few who've finally used their platform for '''activism''' to push "Subscribe to Pewdiepie" nonsense, truly the most charitable of deeds :/

Last edited:

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Derrick from Mega64 brought it up in their latest podcast. It was steered away from after a few minutes just because it's still kind of an ongoing story, but it raised some awareness amongst their fanbase which might not have been in the loop.

Maturra

Oct 27, 2017

Not a YouTuber, but I am an anime journalist with a decently-sized platform, who's currently working on something for my outlet. I feel a great sense of responsibility for being on the sidelines, while this festered under the surface.

People were hurt, and it's our silence that allowed it to happen.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

The alt-right machine is a literal machine when it comes to content generation. Just an endless daily slew of garbage that gets consumed as quickly as it is vomited out. I can imagine it taking so long just because of the time needed to properly compile and edit everything, let alone stomaching the inevitable backlash.

Would you happen to have any remaining contact with Lindsay Ellis, or even similar creators like Dan Olsen? Just in terms of finding someone wiling and able to tackle the subject.

These people and their types are pretty bad at symbols. The optics of having your mascot be a insane self destructive engine of chaos

It needs to be stressed that the original Broly's entire reason for hating Goku was because baby Goku's crying left him traumatized.

Truly a paragon to aspire to.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So, I went to the old site yesterday to see how it changed and I found their equivalent of this discussion.

Let me just say: It's like watching a distorted version of the discussion here.
Also, all of the greatest hits are there like "where's the evidence" (when presented, the evidence is not credible enough btw) and of course the SJW boogieman.

For something that seems so clear and true, there sure are a lot of people who refuse to believe.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
The alt-right machine is a literal machine when it comes to content generation. Just an endless daily slew of garbage that gets consumed as quickly as it is vomited out. I can imagine it taking so long just because of the time needed to properly compile and edit everything, let alone stomaching the inevitable backlash.

Would you happen to have any remaining contact with Lindsay Ellis, or even similar creators like Dan Olsen? Just in terms of finding someone wiling and able to tackle the subject.

It needs to be stressed that the original Broly's entire reason for hating Goku was because baby Goku's crying left him traumatized.

Truly a paragon to aspire to.
I still stay in contact with them, yes. I just feel like one, they have too much on their own plate as they produce way more content than I do, and two, they are not really anime people and don't have a horse in this race.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how true it is, but apparently i'm seeing stuff that the harassment from the standwithvic people has gotten to the point where they're attacking a va through sending messages to the VAs mother. (Blake from RWBY) Source is from CGL/4chan so .. yeah take with salt but something about it being a thread that more or less mirrors this one kinda seems like it maybe has merit.

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
Not sure how true it is, but apparently i'm seeing stuff that the harassment from the standwithvic people has gotten to the point where they're attacking a va through sending messages to the VAs mother. (Blake from RWBY) Source is from CGL/4chan so .. yeah take with salt but something about it being a thread that more or less mirrors this one kinda seems like it maybe has merit.
Not sure if that was the person I saw, but yes, one VA got one of those scam E-mails sent to his mom specifically in regards to Vic, but it's the kind that also says they have a video of you pleasuring yourself and if you don't send them a bunch of money in BitCoin they'll share the video with everybody you know. So, yeah, that's a thing that's happening.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She didn't say if it was related to the whole Vic situation, but it did happen, multiple times.

Oct 26, 2017

I'm sorry that I can't do more. I'm not a big name YouTuber or anything; (I can edit a video well enough). Just tell me if there is anything that I can do to help. Please let me know!

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
Welp. A VA friend of mine just got SWATted and the caller stated "standing with Vic" in their 911 call.

Anime was a mistake.

*edited for clarity*

Last edited:

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, the caller said they were standing with Vic in their 911 call? Like, they said that to the police?

It may be worthwhile for VAs to call their local police now and warn them of a possible fake SWAT call.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Welp. A VA friend of mine just got SWATted and stated "standing with Vic" in their 911 call.

Anime was a mistake.
Considering the current swatting case in the courts has set and is continuing to set more severe precedence in the act, the people who made that call, once they're caught, are going to be in a lot of hurt.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Welp. A VA friend of mine just got SWATted and the caller stated "standing with Vic" in their 911 call.

Anime was a mistake.

*edited for clarity*

What?! Over a fucking anime voice actor. Damn, I hope they get thrown in jail for a few years. Ruin your life for a man that can't stop being inappropriate around minors. I'm sure that'll buy them a lot of sympathy in the slammer.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
SWATing somebody should be an attempted murder charge at the very least

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
What?! Over a fucking anime voice actor. Damn, I hope they get thrown in jail for a few years. Ruin your life for a man that can't stop being inappropriate around minors. I'm sure that'll buy them a lot of sympathy in the slammer.

Considering a man was swatted and killed over a round of fucking COD, it's both unsurprising and somewhat expected, unfortunately.

I sincerely wish the VA is okay, and I sincerely hope this dude winds up in a fucking cell.

Typhonsentra

Oct 27, 2017
I think everyone with basic sense appreciates you coming forward in the current climate. Thank you for that and I am sorry what you are going through now.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Also its not great to have bad people trying to co-opt some shit you like into some bad shit.

And that bad shit is

Checks notes

Defending someone who has been creeping on young girls, multiple acts of sexual misconduct to congoers and his coworkers, homophobia, antisemitism, and generally being a fucking dick to work with.

Yes ,this is , clearly what you as a fan should want your characters to be associated with ( this last bit is sarcasm by the way

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017

Anime was a mistake.

*edited for clarity*

These losers are fucking desperate.

To any of those no-lifers lurking this thread: You are using the government to silence people who share opinions you dislike. That's a million times worse than losing a platform to spew your boiled piss. In fact, that is almost like invalidating the first amendment or something. Hmm.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
These losers are fucking desperate.

To any of those no-lifers lurking this thread: You are using the government to silence people who share opinions you dislike. That's a million times worse than losing a platform to spew your boiled piss. In fact, that is almost like invalidating the first amendment or something. Hmm.
They know they don't care.
They never cared about free speech

They cared about their speech

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Adam posted about the SWAT incident. In replies, people are already calling the incident either made up or a false flag. Hopefully the 911 recording gets released.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
She didn't say if it was related to the whole Vic situation, but it did happen, multiple times.

Could very easily be Vic related, but might not be as well, especially given the recent developments with her character being in a queer relationship on the show. Unfortunately because queer couples are so under represented, there are more than a handful of younger queer female fans who over invest and really go over the line trying to connect with the performers. It's creepy behavior, but I've seen it in many different fandoms -- contacting the family, showing up at a secondary place of employment, trying to locate and arrive at their house with "gifts" -- especially if the performers are small enough that it feels easy to get such access. Without her saying specifically, I wouldn't necessarily assume it's Vic related.

Oct 28, 2017
"WhErE EvIdEnCe"

*Gives a sample of evidence*

*SWATted*

Maybe I'm too far removed from it these days but I don't recall the anime community being quite this detestibly frightening. Over a D-List-at-best English dub actor even.

Heart is with your friend, MarzGurl.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I've met Xero a couple times. He's a good guy.

That said, the police really should have questioned the legitimacy of a SWAT call where the caller said "I stand with Vic" before acting on it. At least they're going to fix the door.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It was a similar situation with GamerGate. So many prominent websites and YouTubers just sat on their hands, hoping for the whole thing to blow over, because they didn't want to face any sort of mob backlash for even acknowledging what was going on. Meanwhile, Zoe Quinn had to go into hiding, and other women who spoke up had to constantly look over their shoulders.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
"WhErE EvIdEnCe"

*Gives a sample of evidence*

*SWATted*

Maybe I'm too far removed from it these days but I don't recall the anime community being quite this detestibly frightening. Over a D-List-at-best English dub actor even.

Heart is with your friend, MarzGurl.
I have to assume for the sake of my own sanity that the internet is amplifying what is actually an incredibly small minority of people. Having just been at a convention over the weekend, I can't say I actually ran into anyone really worked up over the situation at all (though no one close to the situation was in attendance). I only know of three cosplayers who worked anti-Vic sentiment into their cosplays.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
I've met Xero a couple times. He's a good guy.

That said, the police really should have questioned the legitimacy of a SWAT call where the caller said "I stand with Vic" before acting on it. At least they're going to fix the door.

Yeeep, replies immediately imply the person kicked their own door in because in their minds a SWAT team wouldn't resort to simply kicking a door down with their boot.