• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stryk3r

May 8, 2019
I haven't been in this thread in months.

But

It's truly been a ride, this is amazing and I hope nick never gets taken seriously ever again.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this means Nick is forever laughed at and Ty loses his license. And on top of it all, Vic will never work in the industry again. It feels so good :).

Katten

Oct 27, 2017
Think it is time to pour some whisky and watch the flood of weeb tears that is making Twitter all moist.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
If he was smart enough to figure that out he likely would have figured out something in mediation and settled. Though maybe that is why Nick was so upset yesterday. Vic told him that if the verdict was not positive that he was just done with it and wanting to move on with his lift and nick's grift was over. But I somehow doubt that.

Just given all of the descriptions of Vic's personality it really comes off like he's in a bubble and I can totally see him largely ignorant of how spectacularly the case was failing until very recently. I can imagine Nick and Ty giving him some major league BS that it's actually going well, etc. But this may be a wakeup call.

Or maybe not. Bare minimum I would expect that Ty would be fired and Vic would be looking to hire a new attorney.

Also it seems very likely that Vic walked into this with the idea that the GFM would cover all costs. Now he suddenly has to pay a shitload of money (defenses attorney fees + sanctions). On top of that it seems like he literally just learned where the case stands over the past week or so. So when hit with a huge surprise bill, there is a good chance he might not find it a good idea to appeal and potentially balloon his already rather huge expense.

Exactly.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
What's the best place to see the meltdowns? Is there a Twitter thread? Kiwifarms?

mrjROHJ.jpg

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

Do these dumbasses even know how appeals work? It's not a real do-over; a pnael of Judges just re-review what was presented in the case to see if an error was made. The fact that Judge Chupp gave them an out for Mediation instead of dismissing everything right off the back and they still found a way to fuck it up only proves that an appeal is going to be a further waste of time and money.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
If I were Vic i wouldn't dig myself deeper than I already am, the fees will suck for him this time, imagine if they wasted months more just trying to appeal to no avail

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
When does the deadline to file an appeal expire?
quick search on the internet nets me that they have to file it within 60 days (though it may be a month or so shorter or longer in texas) but it may take longer than that to get things started and that during the time the original judgement may still be handed out.

granted it was an internet search and not a real lawyer so I may be wrong :P1

If I were Vic i wouldn't dig myself deeper than I already am, the fees will suck for him this time, imagine if they wasted months more just trying to appeal to no avail

If you were Vic you wouldn't be in this mess because you wouldn't have sexually harassed a lot of people and would have realized you had no case before it was even filed :P

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
When does the deadline to file an appeal expire?

As a general rule, the Texas rules of appellate procedure require a notice of appeal to be filed within 30 days of a final judgment signed by the judge. However, that time is extended to 90 days of the judge signing the final judgment if a timely motion for new trial is filed. The timely motion for new trial would have to be filed within 30 days of the judge signing the judgment.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, I guess the Threadnought will sail on, into history now. Or at least until the appeals come through and get dismissed.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Glad this stage of it is over... Vic never had a chance, but now he's going to be on the defensive as all of the other lawyers start to seek their fees from him.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Watching this entire thing unfold has been remarkable. This has been one of the biggest self-owns I've ever witnessed. If Vic had just slunk off for a while, he very likely could have made a comeback (and would probably be on the way back up right now).

One of the shittiest and most dangerous things about social media is also one of its strengths: the fact you can see how much support you're getting directly. This has been one of the major reasons why bigotry has been on the rise, as bigots who would have cowered and kept their mouths shut a decade or so ago have grown to realize they have a certain amount of safety in numbers.

When this all came up, Vic must have seen his support dwindle in real time... but he also must have seen enough likes, retweets, etc... to take the gamble on fighting this to make himself seem innocent. It's been glorious to see it unravel, and to witness Vic's work dry up, BUT his core fanbase remain and, with those people in place, he will never admit defeat and to them it will ALWAYS be some kind of victory.

I'm just really glad that the defendants will be able to put this to rest and move on with their successful careers, while Vic is relegated to empty low-end cons.

The worst part of all of this, though, is Nick having been held up as some kind of vanguard in the fight against SJWs and the intolerant left. I can see his support dwindle, but he's at least smart enough to find another situation where he can rile up the same crowd in the way he has here and profit from it.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huber's career is fine since he'll still have his legacy voices, and will still have experience and pedigree in the community. He might get used less, but even if he gets cut out of funi (unlikely imo) there's still tons of anime and voice over work in general that will want his services if he's still good.

There isn't a good justification to "cancel" Huber because only people knee deep in this fecal court case would even know he added anything to the case. Corporations only got rid of Vic when his allegations gained massive online attention. Huber doesn't have that noteriety.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Vic can still appeal, but you think shit is bad now?

Just imagine Ty Beard: Appellate Lawyer given the filings and briefs he's already done. Judges on appeals courts are usually much less likely to handle attorneys with kid's gloves on and some outright disregard briefs for deficiencies even in form.

Vic's best plan for this shit show is getting some malpractice attorneys on the line and cleaning house

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Huber's thing made no sense.

He shit on the victms, he shit on his employers, AND he shit on vic.

Beard redacted and signed the affidavit of Huber himself so who knows what the fuck was really said.

Cause if what he kept was so destructive towards Vic, imagine what he didnt keep lmao.

----

Also, Vic did have a real case.

But the two grifters were so incompetent they didnt just fail, they nuked it entirely. Even the appeal is stillborn because of them.

Brilliant.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Huber's career is fine since he'll still have his legacy voices, and will still have experience and pedigree in the community. He might get used less, but even if he gets cut out of funi (unlikely imo) there's still tons of anime and voice over work in general that will want his services if he's still good.

There isn't a good justification to "cancel" Huber because only people knee deep in this fecal court case would even know he added anything to the case. Corporations only got rid of Vic when his allegations gained massive online attention. Huber doesn't have that noteriety.
Considering Chuck tried to fuck over some of the most prominent VA's at his primary place of employment, nah. He doesn't have those legacy roles anymore.

Jarate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How are the #IstandwithVic losers taking this news?
They think that they are going to appeal the case so it doesn't matter that a judge threw out all of the cases. So they're still sitting smugly.

Of course, an appeal is going to cost a shit ton of money, so either another GFM, which seems asinine, or that Vic will have to front the fees, which would be absurd to me and a waste of money. Vic seems to have money saved up, so I highly doubt he is willing to spend an obscene amount of money for the two shittiest lawyers.