• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I remember exactly where I was when I heard about Chris Farley passing: We were driving to a family friend's Christmas party and it came over the radio. I think he was one of the first times I'd ever been heartbroken over a celebrity passing away.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This song reminded of the time than Chris Farley sang the Sad Clown Song, where the crowd was laughing at some very dark lines that showed Farley's state of mind.

And men, it sucks how someone as talented as Adam Sandler could get so lazy. When he tries he is one of my favorite comedians.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That Grown Ups 3 line really got me, those movies fucking suck mind you, but I kinda respect that Adam Sandler just does those movies to give money to his friends while having a good time, so is sad that Chris couldn't be part of that, and that Adam Sandler really wanted him to be there

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when he died I knew people that reacted as if he was a close relative. There was just something shattering about his death. Candy, too.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Seen it on his special. Definitely can make you shed a tear.

The special is worth checking out if you've ever enjoyed his work. Catchy songs and funny moments. It's almost easy to forget the dude is talented at times.

phone. wallet. keys.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
During the video they show Chris running out and interrupting the band onstage. Who was the band?

I don't believe your question has been answered. So, it was Adam Sandler being backed by a band. That's what he has always gone on tour to do. Plays a few songs. Cracks a joke and then plays a few more songs. If I remember correctly, he was playing a single off one of his live albums.

EDIT; Song he was playing is Lunchlady Land.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
This was great. I haven't had a chance to check out the entire special, so need to make some time to do that. It's rough seeing him during the last year of his life. I almost forgot that he did this with future SNL squatter.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017

Sandler played this again for his SNL spot. Man, hearing him still choke up in spots is hard

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
Tommy Boy, Black Sheep, and Beverly Hills Ninja isn't as good as the Adam Sandler trilogy, but it's still got a ton of laughs.