Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Fun pay-per view, although I feel it went on for waaay too long. Could've probably cut 1 or 2 matches.
Now, excited to see what FD2024 has in store for us.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
Tanahashi sure is a patient man, the president of NJPW just sitting there so TK doesn't get jumped again lol

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
GWZAMtO.png

Insane lineup of champions at the moment.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the show was okay. I wasn't really invested in any of the storylines, but Swerve was amazing as always, and that midair House Call was one of the best things I've seen in Wrestling.

I feel bad for Willow, goddamn. When it rains, it pours.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
I really do not know what was going through his head. Was the top not stable or something? I know the table was set up probably closer than ideal but there are always options even if just a butt drop or something.

I think the idea was for him to fall on his side (as you normally would on an elbow drop) but for whatever reason his body didn't rotate as intended.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I really do not know what was going through his head. Was the top not stable or something? I know the table was set up probably closer than ideal but there are always options even if just a butt drop or something.

tbh it kind of looked like he lost his nerve right at the last second (which would be totally understandable, I don't know how they guys and girls do half the shit they do like its 2nd nature). His brain just didn't cooperate with what he was trying to do.

May 22, 2023
Florida
tbh it kind of looked like he lost his nerve right at the last second (which would be totally understandable, I don't know how they guys and girls do half the shit they do like its 2nd nature). His brain just didn't cooperate with what he was trying to do.
This was my first impression too. I can only imagine it looks one way going up but once you are up there it looks a whole lot different.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Overall a solid PPV from AEW, nothing reached the level of Ospreay vs Danielson from Dynasty but every match was good and the return of MJF was awesome.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
according to the post show scrum Tony is interested in doing mixed tag titles 😒

exactly what everyone has been asking for

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

Tony, what do you think of doing X? Well x is very interesting but I'm also interested in doing Y. He's doing none of them any time soon.

There is a good show in DoN but you'd have to cut so much to get to it that I think overall, I didn't like it. The trios division, Trent saga, Buddy and Brody faking a turn for reasons, Moxley beating Takeshita with one arm, a masked Bryan Keith my business with Jericho isn't over and surprise here I am. A lot of dismal bullshit.

Are the Acclaimed winning their titles back? You have them beat the Cage of Agony for reasons and Death Triangle loses, BCG still carrying around the custom titles. Eventually you have to do something with those scissor belts.

Last edited:

pbayne

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
mjf came back with his best triple h fit, denim over leather, ruining two perfectly good jackets

Nov 5, 2017
The whole MJF/Cole interaction + MJF's promo afterward added more time to the PPV. Without it, it would've probably end around the same time all the PPVs end, give or take a few minutes.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe they did an homage to the classic Macho vs Crush match finish from WMX.

GWZAMtO.png

Insane lineup of champions at the moment.

Willow deserves to be there. Hopefully she can chop down the learning tree and claim the most prestigious championship in all of wrassling.

StrontiumPawg

Jan 4, 2024

i'd take an OC/Stat reign of terror over the division if we were talking proper intergender tag matches but just the kind of one-in-one-out mixed tags i'd rather they just give the women tag belts

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
Still hoping we can get that Adam Copeland + Willow Tag Team that was teased for a little bit at some point.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
had to tap out watching live when Swerve / Christian was starting (it was like 5:30 A.M. here,) finished the show now, here's my thoughts:

Pre-show:

- I liked Rosa vs Purrazzo, they were doing some cool matwork and the match held up well.
- Billy Gunn wankfest continues. CAGE OF AGONY is of course not some focal point of the promotion, but neither should be 60 year old roided up Billy Gunn. Caster can eat shit too. Save Bowens.

Main show:

- Ospreay vs Roddy - I loved that Will went immediately for the kill! Oh how I wish the ref would have done the sensible thing and sent the Kingdom geeks out immediately. The action was great (dear lord that end of heartache reversal leading to the hidden blade!) the interference (while understandable) completely unnecessary and I hated the Tiger Driver melodrama with Ospreay's overacting. Feeling remorse for killing a guy who was away for like 3 weeks and is now wrestling in the main event of the same show is pretty silly. Gotta further the Callis breakup storyline I guess.

- Adam Cole / MJF-segment... let's see how things go. MJF is (again) saying all the right things (fuck the kangaroo kick,) now it's on him to prove it. Crowd reaction was great, and I think it kind of hurt the next match. This segment might have been better elsewhere on the show.

- Really liked the six man title match, excellent action plus we got ROCK HARD during the finish! Love to see him back!

- Storm vs Deeb was good, but I think the crowd reaction was hurt by the messy face/heel booking of trying to keep Toni as a heel and Deeb as the face during the program. Sick avalanche Storm Zero!

- OC vs Trent - YESSS PIXIES THEME IS BACK. DARK DENIM! Good match, disliked the end result of Trent eating the pin again. Interested to see where this is headed though.

- FTW clusterfuck... eh. Some really stupid and dangerous spots, and I feel like Hook's shit looks bad because he's trying to do everything "shoot" / "deadlift" style. With Joe and Bryan Keith now hanging in the periphery, how in the fuck is this title the one that draws the most interest from the roster? Like 6 people implied to be going for it.

- Mox vs Takeshita - HUGE disappointment. I don't understand why they had to "maim" Moxley with the arm stuff, as it made the match mostly slow and plodding. Takeshita hit like a truck again, but Moxley just seemed to be going through the motions. I don't want to see Take eating pins for the rest of the year. If the TNT title ends up being vacated, there's your guy. Have him run the invitational week after week goddamnit.

- Edge vs Malakai Black - I liked the action, but the likely injury really fucked me up and then we couldn't even get Black eating a proper pin or submission. No, he is too tough to tap out. Another guy for my list of people who I want to see fuck off and see if the grass is truly greener on the other side.

- Moné vs Willow - HELL YEAH. Super glad to see Moné still has it. They didn't fuck around and went straight for it. The finisher looked bad, so Moné probably think of another one (Bank Statement?) that she can use against larger opponents. Stat heel turn was good too.

- Swerve vs Christian - too long for what it needed to be IMO. Swerve would have benefitted in them doing like a 12-15 minute banger and coming out looking strong with a definite win, with all the clown show stuff.

- Main event: I was sports entertained. The match ranged between dumb (complimentary) and dumb (derogatory) at points, but the overall spectacle with the flamethrower and all ended up being pretty great. Did we really need for Danielson to eat a pin here as well?

Overall, a lot of good action, marred by two things:

- the length of the show and that affecting the crowd which was at times borderline dead.
- the booking / agenting - far too many matches had similar elements in them, between all the plunder and weapons/objects and then the interference/distraction stuff. If all matches have that shit, then none of it stands out. now it felt like there were quite a few dangerous spots that no one will remember in hindsight because of the crazy shit in the main event.

Definitely not my favorite AEW PPV by any stretch and ultimately had zero matches on that next level, which we usually get at least one of per PPV

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Y'all should be careful the official position is these Malakai speculation posts need to go in the quarantine thread

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Really really enjoyed the ppv top to bottom.

There were a few matches that felt like they could've been on dynamite but no match in the main ppv bored me at all and most were good to great.

It lacked what the last two PPVs had which were certified classics. I think both women's matches came close but needed to hit another gear and have a few minutes added to them to get there.

I think this ppv is a good example of aew being a victim of its own success where the usual aew tv match quality is insanely high and the PPVs go a level beyond that.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
I really think they could've have cut that OC-Trent, FTW 3-way and Mox-Takeshita stretch and things would've flowed a lot better. Not to say they were bad but they didn't really advance anything or were super exceptional in anyway. They would've been fine as Dynamite or Collision main event matches but hardly justified their spots on an already long PPV show.

In retrospect giving willow and mercedes that extra 5-10 mins to go to that next level like Willow and Athena did in their title match would've been perfect and added even more to Mercedes' win, which was the absolute right booking move. She needed that W way more than Willow to establish some credibility to her character with that audience.

Willow is right there with like Eddie and Hangman as their biggest babyfaces regardless if they have belts or not.

Last edited:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I really think they could've have cut that OC-Trent, FTW 3-way and Mox-Takeshita stretch and things would've flowed a lot better. Not to say they were bad but they didn't really advance anything or were super exceptional in anyway. They would've been fine as Dynamite or Collision main event matches but hardly justified their spots on an already long PPV show.

In retrospect giving willow and mercedes that extra 5-10 mins to go to that next level like Willow and Athena did in their title match would've been perfect and added even more to Mercedes' win, which was the absolute right booking move. She needed that W way more than Willow to establish some credibility to her character with that audience.

Willow is right there with like Eddie and Hangman as their biggest babyfaces regardless if they have belts or not.

I agree 100%. Trent/OC I think they wanted on the ppv for a blowoff of a feud but with the anarchy and cagematch already existing it made zero sense.

The FTR match has had 3 better matches with the same participants already. And again with what was coming later in the ppv it wasn't going to stand out.

Mox/takeshita was a good match to me that did something otherwise missing on the ppv. It didn't need to be there but it at least was a higher quality match.

cjelly

Oct 27, 2017
these are the exact 3 I would've cut, too.

Even though there are more PPVs, TK still falls into the trap of making sure all of his faves have matches no matter what. He needs to start leaving people off shows.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not mad at Mox/Takeshita getting airtime, I'm mad that Mox didn't lose

It's not a title match and he had his arm worked all match, why did he need to win and why am I supposed to believe he would have won

Stop having eliminator matches if you aren't willing to have your champs lose

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

100%.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
All Elite Wrestling Double or Nothing 2024 |OT| Interim Pick'em Results

The competition this time around was an interesting mix of a lot of commonly-predicted results (including all three main events) plus a few that nearly everyone got wrong this time (Rosa, Trent and Takeshita were very popular picks here). This made for a tight contest!

Without further ado, here are the rankings:
No need for the tiebreakers... congratulations to CapnJazzHandz for a near-perfect score! 🎉

It was an amazing turnout once again! Thank you everyone for taking part.

#AEWDoN24

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017

Completely agree with these 3 matches. Cutting the FTW match is a no brainer (save that for dynamite). Trent OC, we literally JUST had this match 2 and a half weeks ago. If this was meant as a Trent send off/last match, sure, but it had no flair going into it since you just did this match.
Mox-Take, oh man. I thought this was going to be an absolute banger. Why have eliminator matches anymore. When is the last time someone won one of those Christ.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Tony, what do you think of doing X? Well x is very interesting but I'm also interested in doing Y. He's doing none of them any time soon.

There is a good show in DoN but you'd have to cut so much to get to it that I think overall, I didn't like it. The trios division, Trent saga, Buddy and Brody faking a turn for reasons, Moxley beating Takeshita with one arm, a masked Bryan Keith my business with Jericho isn't over and surprise here I am. A lot of dismal bullshit.

Are the Acclaimed winning their titles back? You have them beat the Cage of Agony for reasons and Death Triangle loses, BCG still carrying around the custom titles. Eventually you have to do something with those scissor belts.

Don't you were about X, let me worry about blank.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
All Elite Wrestling Double or Nothing 2024 |OT| Interim Pick'em Results

The competition this time around was an interesting mix of a lot of commonly-predicted results (including all three main events) plus a few that nearly everyone got wrong this time (Rosa, Trent and Takeshita were very popular picks here). This made for a tight contest!

Without further ado, here are the rankings:
No need for the tiebreakers... congratulations to CapnJazzHandz for a near-perfect score! 🎉

It was an amazing turnout once again! Thank you everyone for taking part.

#AEWDoN24
So close to victory...

Congrats CapnJazzHandz!

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I use any segment/match that has Hook/Jericho to catch up on other stuff so maybe he's done it recently, but has Hook run the ropes competently yet?

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Favorite moment of the whole show may honestly be one of the Young Bucks yelling to turn the music off cause it was costing them and yelling they have a budget. Shit was too damn good and such an amazing like record scratch moment.