• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
vRSpvRQ.gif
fydz8Uf.gif
hTaucTV.gif

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder what the original move was that Swerve was planning off that top? Either way, that was an amazing PPV!

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Compbros We'll get Ain't Nobody at Wembley man ;_;

What a PPV

Okada vs Pac was such a killer start (but muh Pick'ems!)

Danielson vs Ospreay is probably top 3 matches I've ever witnessed live (on PPV) in my life. I fucking love pro wrestling. Fuck Sports Entertainment.

SCAPEGOAT

IT'S SWERVE'S TIME

Full thoughts after I collect myself. Only match that wasn't all that was Jericho/Hook and that wasn't even that bad. What a PPV.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
So small not to pick. Nigel and Excalibur were selling the 'can swerve his the jml driver on Joe' which Jesus fuck obviously not.

To the point when swerve power bombed Joe Excalibur was calling for the jml driver.

They also missed that he hit the house call when he jumped over Joe off the top rope.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
It speaks to the quality of the entire show that Jericho had a match and it's among the top PPVs of the decade

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Folks

Is that Busaiku Knee counter to the Oscutter one of the most perfectly executed wrestling counters of all time?

Like, it was clean. CLEAN.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
From midcard on Lucha Underground as Killshot, to NXT North American Champion (because they didn't put him in the main title match for some reason), to being let go by [REDACTED], AEW tag team champion, and now the first black AEW champion. Hell of a ride for this man, and he finally got his moment.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This was the first PPV I ordered since Bryan Danielson debuted and it was well worth the money. I've been slowly paying attention again thanks to WWE of all things lol.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I hope Bowens ditches Caster and can have a singles run, culminating in a TNT or International Championship run.

That rap Caster did felt like a dude on his way out of a company and giving no fucks.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
This was the first PPV I ordered since Bryan Danielson debuted and it was well worth the money. I've been slowly paying attention again thanks to WWE of all things lol.
With maybe the exception of one PPV which was still good if not matching expectations I don't think an AEW PPV has ever been a bad show to purchase and enjoy.

dphrygian

Oct 28, 2017
Texas
Rising tides and all that, wrestling is really good these days. I'm still partial to AEW's style, but I loved WrestleMania too, and TNA and GCW are regularly putting on great shows.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Probably one of the best AEW PPVs had not been for Jericho/Hook going on what felt like an hour.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Can we talk about black excellence in AEW and how far it has come (with still more they can do, mind you)

Scorpio Sky was half of the first tag championship and a TNT title holder (although those runs could have been better)
Jade and now Willow as TBS Champion
Swerve in Our Glory and The Acclaimed as tag champs
Ricky(yyyyyy) as FTW (lol ok ok) and tag champ
The Acclaimed as part of the Trios championship
Swerve as AEW Champion

Saturday

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Folks

Is that Busaiku Knee counter to the Oscutter one of the most perfectly executed wrestling counters of all time?

Like, it was clean. CLEAN.

as if a missile somehow countered another in mid-air. absolute unstoppable force meets another unstoppable force spot, i'm gushing.

and this ppv started with a knee counter to a black arrow which i would have easily voted as beautifully violent any other day

dphrygian

Oct 28, 2017
Texas
I hope Bowens ditches Caster and can have a singles run, culminating in a TNT or International Championship run.

That rap Caster did felt like a dude on his way out of a company and giving no fucks.
Bowens is a singles babyface champion waiting to happen. I dunno what's going on with Max Caster, but yeah, give Bowens a singles run.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Great night. My favorite thing that will be overlooked is that three people who had career threatening injuries, Pac, Thunder Rosa, and Kyle O'Reilly, all got their first ppv matches in a long long time and all of them had bangers.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Can we talk about black excellence in AEW and how far it has come (with still more they can do, mind you)

Scorpio Sky was half of the first tag championship and a TNT title holder (although those runs could have been better)
Jade and now Willow as TBS Champion
Swerve in Our Glory and The Acclaimed as tag champs
Ricky(yyyyyy) as FTW (lol ok ok) and tag champ
The Acclaimed as part of the Trios championship
Swerve as AEW Champion
Considering where they first started from, we should give them props. The original main event scene was white as a sheet.